Problem with milkshape
hello all.

i have a serious problem with milkshape:

i create a box (bridge style).

this box is 8x16 x 8x16 and 1x16 height...

that's ok, but when i import the mapmodel in ac, there is still a line with nothing between two of those boxes.

as if milkshape is unable to interpretate correctly the dimensions of my models.

so, several models can't be close together without this nothing line.

can someone help me ?
Thanks given by:
why did i read milkshake?

sorry cant help you
Thanks given by:
A screenshot would have been nice ;)

Are you talking about z_fighting? Are your models 'snapped' to grid?

There could be several issues but I need to 'see' it before I could eventually tell you what is going wrong.

btw I already made these models (8x8 and 16x16) and there's no problems with them, they are part of official package...

[Image: aaRZK9z.jpg?1]
Thanks given by:
thank's for your answer: it seems my english is not good enough to let me explain, so here come the images:

the model on milshape, a single box wich coordonates are:
-64 -64 8
-64 64 8
64 -64 8
64 -64 8
-64 -64 16
-64 64 16
64 -64 16
64 -64 16

so it must become a 8x8 squares and half a square height...

but:

here's the hole between two boxes in ac:

[Image: trou.jpg]
Thanks given by:
If your vertex are properly snapped to grid that result is indeed very strange (unless your texture is made on a transparent .png).
I'd like you to send me that model and texture via PM so I can take a closer look at it.

If you have troubles with english language you can join me on irc @ irc://irc.gamesurge.net/akimbo or irc://quakenet/assaultcube I am there nearly 24/24, I speak fluent french so communication will be easier.

btw I really do need to talk to you about your previous models we already have on AKIMBO.
Thanks given by:
Did you export as .md2 or .md3?

Actually the .m2 format isn't perfectly accurate and does "optimize" vertex coordinates automatically, which produces such odd issues.

You may always export as .md3 in order to prevent this thing from happening.
Thanks given by:
(11 Jul 13, 11:43AM)Mr.Floppy Wrote: Did you export as .md2 or .md3?...

Damn! Totally forgot about that issue, not really expecting anyone to still use .md2 any more either.

Thanks for reminder ;)
Thanks given by:
to mr floppy:

hello ! :)

yep in md2

and looking more close at vertex positions of "bridge" i realize that they are not at 64.000 but 64+a little more na d nether the same for all ...

i will try with md3

i thought that md2 was more lighter than md3 and so more usable.

i will try to join you cleaner :)

thank's for your answers

it's working !

md2 was the problem

so... :)

to cleaner:

hey you are the one that made that wonderfull honky tonk piano !

i don't know how to join irc...

pm me

what model is interesting you ? in fact i have already be blocked by this problem...

i thought it was because my pc was too old
i will restart some of they
Thanks given by: