Mouse or Keyboard to aim?
Do you prefer to aim by dragging your mouse or using your keyboard to put cursor on your enemy? Explain why
Thanks given by:
Using a mouse obviously gives a far more precise aim. Who uses their keyboard to aim?
With a keyboard you can only control the direction to a certain extent, and you can't adjust the speed (velocity) of your cursor/crosshair without any acceleration.

Also, some players use a trackpad which I also find to be better than a keyboard, but obviously isn't as good as a mouse.
Thanks given by:
Aiming with keyboard? WTF is this?
Thanks given by:
The keyboard is so 1940's and the mouse is so 1960's, can't we pick from something more modern?
Thanks given by:
(09 Jul 13, 11:52PM)Andrez Wrote: Aiming with keyboard? WTF is this?
Thanks given by:
only time i aim somewhat with keyboard is with shotgun, otherwise no lol
Thanks given by:
Use the mouse.. if you really used the keyboard, then what's the point of having a mouse.. to fine tune the aiming?
Thanks given by:
Ok, my master gRamps told me to aim with keyboard
I tried it and got raped xD
Guess i should go back to mouse
Thanks given by:
Touchpad.
Thanks given by:
Nah, in fact it's a really interesting thread, aiming is not only from the mouse, you can just aim an opponent and follow his moves with your own moves, adjusting a bit your aim with the mouse. On flap maps, headshots are easier like this, you aim the head-line then you move until you saw a head on your red dot.

Anyway, it's something any experienced players do non-intentionally.
Thanks given by:
How does one aim with keyboard ?
Thanks given by:
(10 Jul 13, 01:46AM)Cho Wrote: How does one aim with keyboard ?

Like this: (0:14)

It's not the best exemple because I have a 100% hitdrop, but you can see i'm adjusting my aim with my moves.
Thanks given by:
(10 Jul 13, 01:37AM)ExodusS Wrote: Nah, in fact it's a really interesting thread, aiming is not only from the mouse, you can just aim an opponent and follow his moves with your own moves, adjusting a bit your aim with the mouse. On flap maps, headshots are easier like this, you aim the head-line then you move until you saw a head on your red dot.

Anyway, it's something any experienced players do non-intentionally.

it's called getting a 'lock' when you use your movement to keep your aim on target, but if you are moving in the same direction you will generally take the same amount of hits, the trick is switching it up, that is some terrible hitdrop exoduss lol
Thanks given by:
(10 Jul 13, 12:27AM)MotoShadow Wrote: Ok, my master gRamps told me to aim with keyboard
Guess i should go back to mouse
Only the true pr0s can own with that method.
Thanks given by:
(10 Jul 13, 01:58AM)#M|A#Wolf Wrote: Only the true pr0s can own with that method.

Everyone can masters it lol, but it's harder from players who came from another games, because usually games are increasing the spread of weapons if you are moving/jumping etc.
Thanks given by:
(10 Jul 13, 02:01AM)ExodusS Wrote:
(10 Jul 13, 01:58AM)#M|A#Wolf Wrote: Only the true pr0s can own with that method.

Everyone can masters it lol, but it's harder from players who came from another games, because usually games are increasing the spread of weapons if you are moving/jumping etc.
I was being sarcastic. Aiming with your keyboard won't get you anywhere, like Vermi said, it makes it easier for your opponent to hit you.
Thanks given by:
Guys, ur not hunting pidgins in the sky. In most of the cases u have ur crosshair placed in the middle of the entrance u expect ur opponent to past through. So mild corrections can be done with keyboard. From motos post, I understood that "gramps (myself) told him to throw mouse away :P".Well it's not like that. Big corrections and recoil compensating is ofc done with mouse. Anyways the topic is misleading, it should have been named "How to properly aim in AC?" or something similar to that. Aiming with keyboard or mouse title made me laugh as well :P
Thanks given by:
Everyone is aiming in part with their keyboard whether they realize it or not. It's a combination of both mouse and keyboard.
Thanks given by:
(10 Jul 13, 07:00AM)BigGunZ Wrote: Everyone is aiming in part with their keyboard whether they realize it or not. It's a combination of both mouse and keyboard.

Exactly.
Thanks given by:
Mouse and keyboard, although I use the keyboard to dodge more than adjust my aim.
Thanks given by:
I still think the term "aiming with your keyboard" is misleading, isn't it more a case of positioning yourself correctly with your keyboard and then using your mouse to do the actual aiming? Or is it just me who does this? x)
Thanks given by:
to aim with the keyboard, type /aimbot 1

Now seriously, no one uses the keyboard to aim.
Thanks given by:
(10 Jul 13, 07:27AM)Vanquish Wrote: I still think the term "aiming with your keyboard" is misleading, isn't it more a case of positioning yourself correctly with your keyboard and then using your mouse to do the actual aiming? Or is it just me who does this? x)

nah u r the only one who owns a mouse mate
Thanks given by:
Keyboard to aim? A yoyo would be more effective imo
Thanks given by:
(10 Jul 13, 07:25AM)Xenon Wrote: Mouse and keyboard, although I use the keyboard to dodge more than adjust my aim.

Good point here. AC player's hitbox is not that precise like in other FPS games and the spread is sometimes ridiculous. Not to mention the influence of the famous server lag. So ur actually trying to avoid more bullets than ur opponent. Anyways, this topic is troll paradise. I am looking forward to more witty comments XD
Thanks given by:
It depends on the situation..
Because i use snipe pretty much all the time, most of my aiming is done with both mouse and movement.

if i'm aiming for a moving target thats ahead of me (Running towards or away) i move my mouse only UP and DOWN so its head level (sometimes aim centre mass if i'm unsure) and i'll move LEFT and RIGHT so the cross hair is on their body. In real life this is sort of the "Tracking method" but obviously you are moving as well as the target!

If the target is running sideways (left or right of my screen) I do the same but with less sideways movement. I'll aim ahead of them and wait till they are in my crosshairs. (in real life this is called the "ambush method")

but when i do use SMG/AR I just try and keep the crosshair on my target while moving, using short controlled bursts!

EDIT: Not sure if you meant straifing to aim in the X axis or using "Old school wolfenstien" aiming where you hit A or D to turn in that direction.
Thanks given by:
(10 Jul 13, 12:27AM)MotoShadow Wrote: Ok, my master gRamps told me to aim with keyboard

he only told you to do it because he could rape u that way :DD
Thanks given by:
Joystick.
Thanks given by:
I just aim at a general region most of the time. Snap to position with mouse, strafe left and right quickly with keyboard, readjust with mouse based on player movement

Edit: tracking is very important in c moreso than most other games because of the high amount of time it takes to kill. In this way having good mouse control is vital, but randomization of spread makes "keyboard aiming" lucrative many times at vloser ranges
Thanks given by:
DOOM FTW
Thanks given by: