What is this?
[Image: thgj.jpg]

i was just on AC and saw that ac_complex was being played in CTF. upon entering the server, i noticed that there were no flags but it took 5 seconds to respawn.

others where also complaining about the 5 second wait and no flags. is this just a computer problem? dafuq is this?

On a side note: it would actually be pretty fricken awesome if ac_complex could support flags.
Thanks given by:
server hax

(08 Jul 13, 05:50AM)MerCyKiL Wrote: On a side note: it would actually be pretty fricken awesome if ac_complex could support flags.
no
Thanks given by:
(08 Jul 13, 05:50AM)MerCyKiL Wrote: On a side note: it would actually be pretty fricken awesome if ac_complex could support flags.
no
[/quote]

but why
Thanks given by:
Highlight this server in your list, press F9, then M, and you will see the maprot for this server. If you scroll to close to the bottom, you'll see ac_complex, 5... which is CTF on complex, obviously. You can also vote for CTF on non-flag-base maps as admin.
I can't believe this is the first time it's happened to you.
Thanks given by:
(08 Jul 13, 06:12AM)#M|A#Wolf Wrote: server hax

no

complex is bigger than gothic

why not?
Thanks given by:
Because this map is not designed for CTF.
Thanks given by:
(08 Jul 13, 01:40PM)ExodusS Wrote: Because this map is not designed for CTF.

ohh, but ac_aqueous and ac_arid designed for CTF ? lol
Thanks given by:
(08 Jul 13, 02:20PM)Morrigan Wrote: ohh, but ac_aqueous and ac_arid designed for CTF ? lol

yes... anyway it's mapper's choice to put flags or not.
Thanks given by:
(08 Jul 13, 02:24PM)ExodusS Wrote:
(08 Jul 13, 02:20PM)Morrigan Wrote: ohh, but ac_aqueous and ac_arid designed for CTF ? lol

yes... anyway it's mapper's choice to put flags or not.

ok, so we cant put flags in ac_complex, and ofc cant delete flags from ac_douze, because "it's mapper's choice"
Thanks given by:
(08 Jul 13, 02:29PM)Morrigan Wrote: ok, so we cant put flags in ac_complex, and ofc cant delete flags from ac_douze, because "it's mapper's choice"

yes the mapper can (or can allow it) if putting flags on his map has sence, and ac_douze is a very special case since the map was not even made for AssaultCube.
Thanks given by:
But didn't makke (who madde ac_douze) also make complex?
Thanks given by:
(08 Jul 13, 03:09PM)ShadowFlameZ Wrote: But didn't makke (who madde ac_douze) also make complex?

Nah I think the original douze was not from Makke, he just adapted the map to AC and received helps for textures.
Thanks given by:
Oh yea sorry that's what I meant, the ac version of the map.
Thanks given by:
(08 Jul 13, 03:21PM)ExodusS Wrote: Nah I think the original douze was not from Makke, he just adapted the map to AC and received helps for textures.

Thank god I still have my copy of cube 1... Anyhow, you're partially correct. makkE only helped build the map in cube 1, then later imported it into ac. The actual layout was by another person by the name of Stanze.

EDIT:

I was wrong.
Thanks given by:
#flagsforcomplex
Thanks given by:
(08 Jul 13, 01:40PM)ExodusS Wrote: Because this map is not designed for CTF.

gothic was not designed for CTF either.
r4zor just decided to include flags for the hell of it.
same with urban.
Thanks given by:
(08 Jul 13, 04:20PM)Nightmare Wrote: #flagsforcomplex
Thanks given by:
So why not release every official maps to be compatible for each mods (by mapper confirmation of course).
Then, no more problem's...
Thanks given by:
(sorry about the "/screenshot" shit in the middle of the pics, i was not in full screen so i couldnt f12)

[Image: c3l2.jpg]

[Image: pq0g.jpg]

these two images show the only real problem with making complex a CTF map. the bridge shown makes it a very short journey to travel from one base's flag to other, whereas going left or right will be longer.

if we take away this bridge somehow or even out the time it takes to get from base to base, then i'd say this map is just as good as any other for CTF
Thanks given by:
(08 Jul 13, 03:35PM)D3M0NW0LF Wrote: makkE only helped build the map in cube 1, then later imported it into ac. The actual layout was by another person by the name of Stanze.
I'd like to think that makkE and Stanze are laughing at this.
Thanks given by:
Wasn't stanze makkE's wifey/gf?
Thanks given by: