Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
AssaultCube World Cup 2013
i'm not going to use lucas' client assuming it doesn't have the instant hitsound.
if it has the instant hitsound, i'm fine with it.

just interested; what makes you not trust it, and what makes you think we trust yours more than larrys?
Thanks given by:
(08 Jul 13, 12:08PM)Xenon Wrote: i'm not going to use lucas' client assuming it doesn't have the instant hitsound.
if it has the instant hitsound, i'm fine with it.

just interested; what makes you not trust it, and what makes you think we trust yours more than larrys?

you ll have to use this client if you want to participate anyway. Also im going to add more protections. Im not saying larry's client is unsafe for its users but its probably too weak. Also its out of date (this kind of bin. have to be frequently updated.) . So i have plenty of reasons to make new binaries. Ill keep most details secret. And if i have enough time, ill try to show you why it may be weak. Even though you should just follow the rules...
Thanks given by:
i'm not saying i don't trust yours as much! i'm just interested as to why you wanted to make a new one, but them reasons make sense so thanks for the clarification!

But I do think it's a good idea that you should have the instant hitsound like larry had. It helped all of Australia and it's a really nice feature, so hopefully you can include it!
Thanks given by:
team Canada gogogo
Thanks given by:
If i remember last year all the maps for the whole tournament were announced at once, it would be good if they were kept private til closer to the match dates
Thanks given by:
(08 Jul 13, 01:47PM)Vermi Wrote: If i remember last year all the maps for the whole tournament were announced at once, it would be good if they were kept private til closer to the match dates

But if maps are annouced in advance, it offers the possibility for teams to train on it, and probably to see some more interresting matches?
Thanks given by:
(08 Jul 13, 02:07PM)ExodusS Wrote:
(08 Jul 13, 01:47PM)Vermi Wrote: If i remember last year all the maps for the whole tournament were announced at once, it would be good if they were kept private til closer to the match dates

But if maps are annouced in advance, it offers the possibility for teams to train on it, and probably to see some more interresting matches?

a good squad is well rounded regardless, it's not like there are that many officials, i'm not saying it be kept secret right up until the last minute, maybe 2-3 days prior, if you announce too early ofc everyone trains it nonstop til the acwc, giving people months in advance to plan strategies analyze demoes to work out how other teams strat etc, feels like it's stale by then
Thanks given by:
Watch out Xenon, he might perma ban you if you don't follow strictly the orders!
Thanks given by:
Latino team will be back this year. IMO maps should be announced in advance. And it's great to have the support of a dev.
Thanks given by:
(08 Jul 13, 03:17PM)Z-karIuS Wrote: Latino team will be back this year. IMO maps should be announced in advance. And it's great to have the support of a dev.

I came.
Thanks given by:
Does anyone agree on playing on Lucas' client ?
It seems I'm the only one who dislike it
Thanks given by:
(08 Jul 13, 04:43PM)Reedie-oH Wrote: Does anyone agree on playing on Lucas' client ?

mmmh.. how can you dislike it ? it was never made public.
I just started to code it yesterday..

But.. since you are a cheater/cheat distributer.. it's not really surprising that you dislike every attempt to fight cheating.
Thanks given by:
I dislike it especially cause you're a good dev but a stupid guy.
This thing happened 2 or 3 years ago. How can u still remember it ? You're an hater and everyone knows haters gonna hate.

I dont trust you at all. You hates AR.
How can I be sure you'll not decrease their power ? How can I be sure you'll not had a "thing" which spy us ? How can I be sure you'll not give any advantage to frenchies ?

Even if I'm french (and you still can support us) I trust much more Larry than you.
And I want to know what other ACWC players think about it, that's why I'm not talking to you at all
Thanks given by:
Lucas may hate AR, he may hate some certain people but he won't fuck around the ACWC. The code will be checked by other devs I assume and I know other devs won't favour anything.
I trust both Larry and Lucas in their coding ability. Larry much prefers AR to be stronger, so in argument to Lucas hating smg, Larry constantly wants the AR buffed.

Whoever codes it, I'm positive won't screw the ACWC over and tbh, Larry's client can still be cheated with and show up as the same client so tbh, Lucas' new client that he is making would be better for this WC.
Thanks given by:
You clearly haven't ever read my opinions on balance. I wanted the SMG slightly stronger compared to the AR.
Thanks given by:
Anyone up for a team BeNe? :)
Thanks given by:
if lucas changed something with any of the weapon values, whether that be spread, recoil, whatever, it would be pretty blatant. redbull, if you're implying lucas wanted to bind a trojan to the client or something similar, it would be easily noticeable as well.

(08 Jul 13, 04:49PM)Luc@s Wrote: But.. since you are a cheater/cheat distributer.. it's not really surprising that you dislike every attempt to fight cheating.

of course, its ok for the mods/devs to make underhanded attacks on people, as they're completely unaccountable to anyone for their actions.
Thanks given by:
(08 Jul 13, 05:54PM)Undead Wrote: redbull, if you're implying lucas wanted to bind a trojan to the client or something similar, it would be easily noticeable as well.
I'm Reedie, but nvm ;)

It's ok, if everyone agrees, let's do it. I wanted to know your opinions.
that's done
Thanks given by:
Lucas client + Larry client = no more problem, right?
...or FATAL ERROR!
Thanks given by:
Lucas is offering his help, we won't refuse it. From what I understood, he'll try to make larry's client better. Then what's the problem ? Bring improvements is probably a bad thing, I guess. Stop criticizing his work even before its finished. Let's just wait and see. I can't believe lucas will make a bad thing, and even if there are some mistakes to fix, we'll still have time to correct them.
Thanks given by:
Larry's client last year was great, but it was easy to cheat with (well not easy, but not hard either if you see what I mean). Lucas is only working to improve upon last year's client by making this year's even more cheaterproof. Lucas is a dev so give him some respect, he wouldn't just go messing around with weapon values as and when he sees fit, and if he did it would be obvious just as Undead said. Lucas is providing a great service to this year's ACWC, and the reason why work on the client has started so early is purely so we can all make sure it's functioning okay. Thanks for all the positive feedback we've received so far though - feel free to keep input coming.

Also
(07 Jul 13, 01:45AM)Waffles Wrote: waffles 4 head caster
Thanks given by:
Thanks for the vote o confidence. Id love to see either client quickly, so extra features can be suggested/added/fixed. Instant hitsound is extremely popular, no ghosting, spectating radar hack (not benched). These were all features of last acwc client that made casting much easier/playing better and i (as well as others hopefully) would like to see replicated. Maybe a tandem of larry and lucas could work together to make something suitable and fantastic.
Thanks given by:
I will also provide ACTV clients. Similar to the client i made for the summercup.
I'm going to code the whole thing myself.
Thanks given by:
<3.
Thanks given by:
(08 Jul 13, 01:32PM)Xenon Wrote: But I do think it's a good idea that you should have the instant hitsound like larry had. It helped all of Australia and it's a really nice feature, so hopefully you can include it!

inb4 no insta-hitsound \:D

(08 Jul 13, 04:43PM)Reedie-oH Wrote: Does anyone agree on playing on Lucas' client ?

Oh chill out, if you don't trust Lucas to make your clients you might as well stop playing AC, as that is what is going to happen anyways.

(08 Jul 13, 05:54PM)Undead Wrote: of course, its ok for the mods/devs to make underhanded attacks on people, as they're completely unaccountable to anyone for their actions.

As far as I am concerned, once you cheat you lose the right to respect from anyone.
Thanks given by:
If USA wants an old mate to actually make a team. I'll do it. I guess.
Thanks given by:
PT team again?
Thanks given by:
(09 Jul 13, 01:02AM)lucky Wrote: If USA wants an old mate to actually make a team. I'll do it. I guess.

Do it. Im interested
Thanks given by:
Where is the old invincible BRASIL and GERMANY...
...anyway, this year big up to AUSTRALIA!
Thanks given by:
Reedie's situation made me remember the lack of trust some players had about hlins servers, the rumour was saying those servers were giving unknow advantages to players wearing the w00p/Fra| tag. Oh wait, who launched this rumour?
Thanks given by: