[mapmodels] Modern Dumpster
Download, comment and rate here

[Image: fvSUvz2.jpg]

Model Updated...

[Image: CpvJ3jR.jpg?1]
Thanks given by:
Couldn't expect anything else from a Cleaner :D
Thanks given by:
Seem that meme (I think Exo's?) needs an update! :)
Thanks given by:
Looks sweet. :)
Thanks given by:
usually these are picked up with fork lifts. I understand there are vertices and faces to think about and whatnot. But the fork lift slots on the sides would be a nice touch :D
Thanks given by:
We phound a new home for Phantom! ;)
Thanks given by:
wut
Thanks given by:
(01 Jul 13, 01:31AM)Waffles Wrote: usually these are picked up with fork lifts. I understand there are vertices and faces to think about and whatnot. But the fork lift slots on the sides would be a nice touch :D

Agreed, I have fixed that (now don't come for more details like handles and hinges XD )

Model updated...

Thanks given by:
(01 Jul 13, 12:23AM)ShadowFlameZ Wrote: Seem that meme (I think Exo's?) needs an update! :)

Mmmh did he delete mapmodels on ac_rattrap? :D
Thanks given by:
Hey, this is great. Hope to see it in 1.2 :)
Thanks given by:
(02 Jul 13, 03:57AM)Felix-The-Ghost Wrote: Hey, this is great. Hope to see it in 1.2 :)
Wish granted! Now available in SVN.

Prior to that I had to reduce polycount so it is now less complex but still looks neat.
Model stats:
Before: vertex 696 polys 662
Now: vertex 224 polys 372

To counter the lack of details in shape I have added some visuals, hope you fancy it.

[Image: ecpa62v.jpg]

[Image: LJ5B0VI.jpg]
Thanks given by:
I like the spray paint.
Thanks given by:
(28 Jul 13, 07:25AM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: I like the spray paint.

Adding that makes it strange to have more than one of these mapmodels in a map :/

Like someone's gonna graffiti each dumpster in the same spot in every town

Cleaner, I think I preferred it when the edged slanted in -- the new one looks "boxy" :(
Can you reduce poly-count while preserving the sloped edged?
Thanks given by:
About the graffiti I though of that, I forgot to say that will add some different models with different skins, like an open one with trash inside (add fly ambience sound :p ), one that has fallen over...

As for the slanted in top cover I'm afraid that's what was the heaviest part of that model, the only way to keep them whilst keeping polycount at reasonable level would have been to get rid of the wheels.

Although without the wheels it looks a little odd I could eventually make one like that and use another texture to it too.

I'll post some screenshots later if I feel ok to make it today.
Thanks given by:
(28 Jul 13, 08:54AM)Felix-The-Ghost Wrote: Like someone's gonna graffiti each dumpster in the same spot in every town

You don't?
Thanks given by:
The spray paint makes it perfect for an Aqueous dumpster swap. CLA RULES.

Can also confirm that RR & I have gone through whole cities doing the same graffiti on every dumpster. Can't spread messages if they aren't all over the place.
Thanks given by:
well it looks like stencil work, when "my friends" have stenciled, they tend to put it everywhere. i think it looks pretty sweet, and with some variety is a nice touch.
Thanks given by:
I really can't tell which skin looks better. What about adding both to the package? Will the additional amount of bytes be worth it?

I always thought it wouldn't be bad to have 'alternative' skins for some models, which could be used for 're-skinning' them, in order to have some variation. Like done with the exit sign on ac_keller, which is just a texture applied to some already-exisiting model.
Thanks given by:
It's totally feasible if we have enough space, I had a chat with Luc@s this afternoon and apparently we've already nibbled all the space made available through packages optimization.

So I am putting new material on hold and double check that information...

And if not I can still make them available on AKIMBO.
Thanks given by:
(28 Jul 13, 09:41AM)Cleaner Wrote: As for the slanted in top cover

Actually it was the sides I was asking about: \_/
Sloped sides instead of | | straight ones

Like in this picture:
The model looks like the sides are sloped even though the wireframe looks different
Thanks given by: