(23 May 13, 10:48PM)Medusa Wrote:
// Name:  Mac
// Ban date: 2013-05-23
// Ban reason: wallhack
// Proof: http://www.mediafire.com/download/88h2dbdv8946yqb
Demo

This one has returned and is now on 24.110.47.192

http://demos.wakawaka.ac/other/TOSOK_ac_...4_2322.dmo

Throughout the game you can see questionable knowledge of where enemies will be. Since this is desert TOSOK, this could be reasonably explained by experience. People are going to be standing in more or less the same places a lot of the time.

However, if you look closely, he gives himself away around 8mr. If you'll follow him from that point, you'll see him go down the stairs from RVSF, then face left through the middle room. He snaps smoothly to target an enemy who isn't visible, being on the other side of a wall, and makes a headshot after moving into view. Shortly afterward, he makes another headshot. If you'll lower the gamespeed (I watched at 25), you'll see that he wasn't even on target for that second headshot. Even at 25% speed, he apparently makes an instantaneous adjustment up to the head, as evidenced by the position of the tracer relative to where he was aiming when he fired.

Having given himself away, he leaves the game after this. Maybe he didn't mean to use the obvious stuff.

As this guy is managing to get fairly wildly different addresses, I'll be reviewing all the logs I can get at to find the most conservative range ban that will be affected, and I ask jamz (or whatever admin) to do so as well. Maybe we can be rid of this one for good.
Thanks given by:
(15 Jun 13, 07:52AM)Jack Wrote:
(23 May 13, 10:48PM)Medusa Wrote:

... now on 24.110.47.192...

...fairly wildly different addresses...
I envy you if you think those are wildly different IP addresses.
I'll see what I can do. :)
Thanks given by:
I did qualify that. :P

I think it's troublesome enough if the last octet varies, let alone if someone is coming in from several different addresses like this guy is in a way that makes me worry the only solution will be to ban another /16 (I've seen a few others with differing third octets but didn't note them). Looking over the blacklists, there are a lot of /16s banned, and I wonder if the people who did those realize how many hosts that is. But of course I understand this is probably nothing to what you've had to unravel. :)

Thanks.
Thanks given by:
I looked back at every player who's accessed the master server since 2010 and there aren't that many 24.110... I can't be sure, but my best guess is 24.110.32.0/19. This has been used by just three other players in that time, and none since July 2012.
Thanks given by:
Awesome, thanks.
Thanks given by: