"bg"
That such negativity and self-contradiction could be packed into only two letters is shocking. If you weren't enjoying yourself, why did you stay the whole time? Since you were there to see the end of the game, it can be assumed that you liked it, or else you would have left. One possible explanation is that you are a failure in denial and you choose to blame your team or opponents rather than accept responsibility for your shortcomings. If you experience such negative feelings toward this game, it is not serving its intended purpose and you should go away and do something else until you feel better.
Thanks given by:
actually "gg" is meant to be told toward your opponents and not as selfcelebrating
Thanks given by:
I use "bg" when the game is mostly off-balanced throughout, or when there are ridiculous amounts of tk's or team-bleeding or other such newb behaviour that makes the game generally less enjoyable. If we all went away when these things happen AC would be nothing but newbies. So, I don't really get your point. To say "bg" is to show displeasure at the results of the game despite one's effort. It's a very mild outlet.
It's like someone saying "damn, that sucked".

This is a silly thing to dislike, Jack, IMHO.
Thanks given by:
When I see it there often isn't a good explanation besides avoidable butthurt. Sometimes it's chronic noobery but a lot of the time it strikes me as someone whining about nothing when they could just say "good show" along with everyone else and be done with it.

I can understand the outlet, but it seems oddly grumpy for people who are supposed to be playing a game, when nothing was really going all that wrong with it. Maybe I totally misunderstand the idea here, and part of why I posted this is to see what other perspectives I can find on it.
Thanks given by:
I agree Jack. :) 'gg' is good sportsmanship imo.
Thanks given by:
Yeah gg, is only for epic battles bro... like Boom says, bg is used when our team sucks or we are losing by campers
Thanks given by:
Do you use gg to congratz your opponent or to say "it was a good game I enjoyed it" or more "It was a good game for me" So bg have differents meaning I think.
Thanks given by:
I always intended "gg" as a kind of "You played well". Saying "gg" or "bg" to describe your opinion of the game you just played seems absurd. I mean, I'm not bothered if anyone in a pub thought they played well or not. Saying gg to somebody just seems like a polite thing to do.

So yeah, when I first saw somebody say "bg", I just thought, "you weren't too great yourself m8" lol.
Thanks given by:
[IMO]
On public server: I used "bg" when i know that i/we can do better (no offensive), and about "gg" it's for self-satisfaction or when i enjoyed the game even if i/we loose. Anyway, "gg" it's also for fairplay/respect at high competitive game when the game has ended!
Thanks given by:
(09 Jun 13, 04:19PM)Jack Wrote: If you weren't enjoying yourself, why did you stay the whole time?

By respect of the opponents and your teammates, it's always better than a ragequit.
Thanks given by:
it's also used as in bg - i played like shit. why bother so much?
Thanks given by:
I understand, but in the gaming world it all comes with the territory.
Thanks given by:
(09 Jun 13, 06:17PM).ExodusS* Wrote:
(09 Jun 13, 04:19PM)Jack Wrote: If you weren't enjoying yourself, why did you stay the whole time?

By respect of the opponents and your teammates, it's always better than a ragequit.

This is no respect, 0 respect:

http://www.twitch.tv/sanzouille/c/2339656?t=18m01s

This mean bad loser.

If ego haves you say bg, please dont play competition.
Thanks given by:
You're talking about their teabagging ?
Thanks given by:
Wow, people manage to get annoyed by stuff like "bg", teabagging etc?

Your lives must be terrible.
Thanks given by:
The only time I use BG if when i get TK'd / trolled / noob'd out by people too much
Thanks given by:
(09 Jun 13, 09:42PM)$t4R W4r5 Wrote: You're talking about their teabagging ?

I defend not CoE.

It is other no respect because involves changing game style and is dangerous.

Saying bg is no skill. Is only u mad.

I like tbag, if you dont like and tell stop I stop.

I read people say exoduss is complain and rage all time. He dont stop. (Only example).
Thanks given by:
I'm mad becuase Jolgorio wrote bad some sentences
Thanks given by:
Skinni-Dog please keep on topic. I report message.
Thanks given by:
kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk u mad? Calm down dude, in addition, why you are reporting my post?.... Silly
Thanks given by:
(09 Jun 13, 09:43PM)C4rma Wrote: Wow, people manage to get annoyed by stuff like "bg", teabagging etc?
Affirmative.
Thanks given by:
(09 Jun 13, 09:38PM)fsP^^Jolgorio Wrote: This is no respect, 0 respect:

Because you prefer hypocrites?
Thanks given by:
lol.
Thanks given by:
There are some things in AC I will never ever understand. This, and those motherf*ckers who prefer to die rather than saying a "Nice shot" or a "Sorry" when needed.

Seriously, you are the scum, the worst crap of the whole humanity.

Sincerely yours,
Andrez
Thanks given by:
(09 Jun 13, 11:49PM)Andrez Wrote: There are some things in AC I will never ever understand. This, and those motherf*ckers who prefer to die rather than saying a "Nice shot" or a "Sorry" when needed.

Well, I always say sorry, even if I just hitted my mate with a single SMG bullet... About the niceshot, I almost never say it because the "6" is really too far since the 1.1.

About my "bg"'s I really don't know why I must say gg when the game was boring as hell, totally unfair (in pubs), or in lack of interest, and in matches, it's not about if I lose or win, this is a personnal point of view of the game.
Thanks given by:
I don't see a real reason why people see bg as hurtful or whatever. In my case I use it when my team or I play bad, nothing really directed at anybody else,
Thanks given by:
U kids are playing too much gamez! A bj topic is what some dudes here need...
Thanks given by:
Handies first, gotta ease em into it
Thanks given by:
(09 Jun 13, 09:38PM)fsP^^Jolgorio Wrote: If ego haves you say bg, please dont play competition.

I think you don't know anything about competitive gaming.

I don't see why you would feel offended if anyone writes bg at the end of a game. By saying gg/bg at the end of a half or a game, you simply express the way you think your personal performance.
Thanks given by:
Haha, this is great, thanks for the show guys.

(09 Jun 13, 05:47PM)$t4R W4r5 Wrote: Do you use gg to congratz your opponent or to say "it was a good game I enjoyed it" or more "It was a good game for me" So bg have differents meaning I think.

Yeah, I figured it would. For me, "gg" is congratulations and saying we enjoyed playing with these people. It's never an evaluation of my own performance because I'm pretty sure no one cares how well I think I did, and it's not an evaluation of anyone else's because I have no room to talk about that.

So, when someone says "bg", it sounds to me like they're saying they weren't having fun. It's always in a pub, so I don't know why they felt like they had to stick around for the game that was so horrible they had to say something about it at the end rather than just keeping quiet. And, in most cases, I haven't seen people who do this complain about anything specific, try to shuffle or changeteam for a bad balance, etc.

(09 Jun 13, 09:43PM)C4rma Wrote: Wow, people manage to get annoyed by stuff like "bg", teabagging etc?

Think of it this way: I have nothing better to be upset about. How great must life be. ;o

It's really not a big deal, but there's fun to be had in making mountains out of molehills.
Thanks given by: