Free Agency Idea
Boomhauer's "Free Agent" thread has recently given my a new idea (I know most of you absolutely love my ideas). As many of you can see, AC's clan scene has somewhat withered within the past five years and many clans are dying out because of inactivity or members leaving. Many clans find it hard to expand when no one will submit apps to their sites.

So how about creating a "List of Free Agents"? We should keep the "List of Recruiting Clans" thread open to players looking for a clan but create a thread to help clans look for a player. I think this thread could ultimately bring more competition to AC.
Thanks given by:
People must use this template for being added in the list:

Name - Any type of contact (PM here/ email / IRC) - Age
Thanks given by:
Thanks for your suggestion skinnydog

Mercy i think this is a nice idea :p How about a draft system? xD
Thanks given by:
Hey folks, i think that we should edit this thread or create another one with the correct info for this list :) i'm going to do it ok?
Thanks given by:
I vote mercy to do this, (if he wants) his idea.
Thanks given by:
Sometimes you don't see active people on forums bro, so is more better if there is another thread with this info, and somebody can edit it...
Thanks given by:
(02 Jun 13, 09:44PM)Marti Wrote: How about a draft system? xD

The AC fantasy draft :DD that would be a riot lol

Skinny-Dog, I like your template. I would just add one thing, however.

Name -
Any type of contact (PM here/ email / IRC) -
Age -
Type of clan wanted (i.e. mapping, socially friendly, competitive) -

thank you for offering to host the thread but i think can manage. its not really that hard anyways. i intend to follow shadowZ's example with the "List of Recruiting Clans". players will post their info and I will update it daily on whether they have found a clan or have stopped looking.

or you can create it while i write to you that i will create it....either one i guess lol
Thanks given by:
I like this idea :D
Thanks given by:
Ok bro... I will use that template of your post, don't worry i was trying to help :)
Thanks given by:
(02 Jun 13, 10:39PM)Skinny-Dog Wrote: Ok bro... I will use that template of your post, don't worry i was trying to help :)

I thought Mercy was going to do this, not you...
Thanks given by:
(02 Jun 13, 10:42PM)PhaNtom Wrote: I thought Mercy was going to do this, not you...
Here we go again :S

/On-Topic
The thread is finished with all required info for being added.
Thanks given by:
(02 Jun 13, 10:42PM)PhaNtom Wrote: I thought Mercy was going to do this, not you...

yea...thats what i thought too lol
Thanks given by:
* PhaNtom pokes Skinny-Dog.

Meanie.
Thanks given by:
fantasy ac league. you could have on paper people for your team, and then there would be a league for those players to accumulate points!

terrible idea.

i just don't see how a draft system would work for players. I wouldn't want to be randomly drafted to a team.

most players that will end up in clans are well known as is.

I do however think that having a way for lesser known players to find teams and become involved in competitive ac would be a boon to the game. It's piqued my interest.
Thanks given by:
Still like the Draft League idea.

Trade ShadowZ & Phantom for Waffles kkkkk
Thanks given by:
+1 on Waffles. A list like this would be great for newer/lesser known players to get more involved.
Thanks given by:
Thank you for your contribution phantom. Dog and mercy, figure out who is making the thread. Personally I think mercy should do it, but if dog is adamant about doing this, well then I guess so be it.
Thanks given by:
(03 Jun 13, 12:00AM)Waffles Wrote: fantasy ac league. you could have on paper people for your team, and then there would be a league for those players to accumulate points!

terrible idea.

i just don't see how a draft system would work for players. I wouldn't want to be randomly drafted to a team.

most players that will end up in clans are well known as is.

I do however think that having a way for lesser known players to find teams and become involved in competitive ac would be a boon to the game. It's piqued my interest.

lol oh...i took the draft idea as a joke. awkward. if this game was as popular as TF2 i think that would totally work, however.

(03 Jun 13, 12:36AM)ShadowFlameZ Wrote: Thank you for your contribution phantom. Dog and mercy, figure out who is making the thread. Personally I think mercy should do it, but if dog is adamant about doing this, well then I guess so be it.

i wanted to do it but skinny-dog kinda already made the thread so uh...i guess he's doing it lol
Thanks given by:
Well, the thread can change the user, if you want
Thanks given by:
huh?
Thanks given by:
no fantasy league or draft system

free agency thread seems good- it would help clans get active players, and help new players get active
Thanks given by:
(03 Jun 13, 12:52AM)Skinny-Dog Wrote: Well, the thread can change the user, if you want

can you add a user?
Thanks given by:
(03 Jun 13, 12:52AM)Skinny-Dog Wrote: Well, the thread can change the user, if you want

You're a moron.

(03 Jun 13, 04:59AM)MerCyKiL Wrote:

can you add a user?

No you cannot.
Thanks given by:
(03 Jun 13, 04:59AM)MerCyKiL Wrote:

can you add a user?
Afaik you can't. The only situation in which this arose was the ACWC sub-subforum, where Larry got mod power for that forum only. Don't think you can gain "power" for a thread, though a forum mod/ac dev can correct me if I'm wrong.

You could just start a new thread, and see which thread lasts longer :>

Or you could do a duel in AC to win over the title for this, since it's so meaningful... o_O
Thanks given by:
Is more easy if a mod delete my thread, and i PM Mercy with that info of the thread, and he open the correct one and tada! problem fixed
Thanks given by:
thank you Skinny-Dog. much appreciated :)
Thanks given by:
(03 Jun 13, 12:00AM)Waffles Wrote: I wouldn't want to be randomly drafted to a team.

think of what could happen when u team up with me :D

but yeh draft system was a joke ;)
Thanks given by:
I'm honestly not a fan of the idea. That is, having both a list of recruiting clans and a list of free players ready for a clan. Two separate lists still won't connect players. I still believe that if a player is to join a clan, s/he is to show interest for that clan on his/her own and with plenty to research from new clans on the recruiting list or more stable ones on the wiki clan list, there shouldn't be an issue. I feel that another list won't really connect players anymore than previous efforts as a person should really like a clan they want to join and give interest to that group rather than a clan roulette. But hey if things work out (And from what I have seen in the new thread already (Nothing useful)), then kudos.

-2 cents
Thanks given by:
^^ this
Thanks given by:
(03 Jun 13, 07:30PM)X-Ray_Dog Wrote: .....

Well, I think it's a good idea because if clans expressed interest in particular players it would be good for cohesion and morale. If a player feels wanted and sought after in theory it will make him/her a better team player.

Also, I think the fact that my thread started all this just.... RULEZ!
Thanks given by: