Weird/Stupid Question
Hello there, look I'm translating AC 1.1.0.4 to spanish. The menus are all done but I can't find the texts "you fragged [name]" and similars, where are those texts stored in?

Also I'd like to know if you know a way to pack AC into a portable executable, I'm planning to spread AC here in Venezuela as an easy-to-play FPS, it's just perfect, lightweight, LAN mode and now it's in spanish.
Thanks given by:
The "important" text is in one of the .cpp files in the source.
Thanks given by:
http://forum.cubers.net/thread-4072.html
Thanks given by:
Assuming you're running Windows, the game doesn't mess with the registry (apart from linking uninstallers to Uninstall.exe), so I'd say it's already portable. You could use 7zip to package the game, then have it run assaultcube.bat after extraction.

Or you can download it from here: http://portableapps.com/apps/games/assaultcube_portable

With the upcoming 1.2.0.0 release, you can change those kill texts in /config/serverkillmessages.cfg, but with 1.1.0.4 you'll need to edit it in entity.h and recompile the client. :/
Thanks given by:
If I remember correctly you can just drag all the files from the installation directory and put it on a thumb drive or even a CD. Maybe even just create your own installation CDs. Shouldn't be too hard as Assault Cube isn't too advanced of an install.
Thanks given by:
Oh I see, I was afraid 'cause some games get messed up when copying instead of installing. Zipping was on my mind at first but I wasn't sure. As AC saves the user data before closing up, will there be no problems as the file is zipped?

How may I add characters such as á é í ó ú ñ... or so? Will have to create a new font?

In the upcoming version, will it be possible to create bot names with more than 16 characters?

How can I remove the time-based rounds? I mean, when I play in "Bot Deathmatch" (Matanza de Bots, on my mod), I only have 10 minutes to play, so when the Bots freeze and scores tab shows up I have to quickly re-set the playing options.

Quote:...to edit it in entity.h and recompile the client. :/
my head hurts XD, it looks like I'll wait for the next version

@Cleaner: It looks like someone already made a spanish version for AC, but mine is for Venezuela, so I don't know if any other spanish speaking cuber outside Venezuela is going to download modded files, as half of the words are very very created here, words like funny nicknames and rude messages indicating the player to not mess with a specified menu item (Yes it happens!XD). Oh also I modded the "Police" skin and changed it to "Policía Estadal" as in my country.
Policía Estadal = State Police
Thanks given by:
(03 Jun 13, 06:30AM)C.I.C.P.C. Wrote: Oh I see, I was afraid 'cause some games get messed up when copying instead of installing. Zipping was on my mind at first but I wasn't sure. As AC saves the user data before closing up, will there be no problems as the file is zipped?

Well, I once tried to make an .sfx archive with WinRAR a while back and I got it to re-compress and save the modified .cfgs, but you're now better off just downloading the game from portableapps.

(03 Jun 13, 06:30AM)C.I.C.P.C. Wrote: How can I remove the time-based rounds? I mean, when I play in "Bot Deathmatch" (Matanza de Bots, on my mod), I only have 10 minutes to play, so when the Bots freeze and scores tab shows up I have to quickly re-set the playing options.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think you can edit the time limit when playing against the bots in 1.1.0.4. Again, you'll have to wait for 1.2.0.0 release for that. It is possible to edit it on a muiltiplayer server in maprot.cfg but then you lose the ability to able to play with bots.
Thanks given by:
Ok, I'll have to wait to deal with these time-based rounds.

Uhm... the portable version is in english? if so I'll download it only for myself as not everyone here can speak english.

It seems like I'll have to just copy-n-paste the AC folder, 'cause on a Cyber coffee most of apps are blocked by the Cyber Control [admin], so the file update pop-up would just not appear, or the user would ignore that. Unless... the directory is read-only I guess.
Thanks given by: