Agora, Greek Polis by MathiasB
It’s 133B.C., the Romans have attached Asia Minor to their empire. A new ‘provincia’ is born and lots of rich citizens are going to exploit the region under the lead of the ‘propraetor’.
One of those patricians starts building his own Greek-like polis, somewhere on one of the most deserted places of Anatolia. But not every patrician has the same amount of money and goods, and so his new polis becomes a very small polis built with cheap materials.
The patrician dies, while his city isn’t yet ornamented with marble or painted. It consist just of bare, brick constructions. Lots of materials are still inside the boxes waiting to be unpacked and to be used to decorated the polis.
But as their leader died, a Babylonian chaos was born, and no one had the power to finish the polis. One by one all its citizens went away to find their happiness in other places. And soon the desert starts to dominate the Agora of this small Greek Polis!

[Image: Agora-by-MathiasB.png]

Download and additional images: http://denbeke.be/blog/agora-greek-polis...-mathiasb/
Thanks given by:
No reactions?
I hoped to have some critics/response... :)
Thanks given by:
Inb4 someone whining about historical periods.
Thanks given by:
Ok, I've tested it, the map is good in overall but there are some details to fix IMO.
The use of textures are kinda good, but they are all almost the same, I know Nieb textures are raising the look of a map (because they fit a bit more with AC and especially because they are not used alot) but I think you used it too much and because of this, we can not really make the difference between each bases and special rooms.
Maybe some very different textures but it's hard because Nieb's textures are "stucking" you into a small texture panel.
About rooms and the gameplay, links between rooms are good, oppened but not too much, rooms are kinda flats and empty (empty out of boxes), roof textures are all the same.
Thanks given by:
your map looks good at the first sight. good layouts indeed, plus my fav place is the arena in the middle of the map. But still some points you might consider would make it better :

- your map story says it belongs to ages ago, when I checked the map, I more expected to face an ancient town rather than a very neat structures. Maybe making some intentional broken walls, bricks would help. Also in my opinion those boxes totally have ruined the atmosphere of an ancient city. It seems other mapmodels could be fit more.(refer you to check ac_pompeii by Zero)

- About the Bases, seems you spent the least time on them.Specially the red base. You know they are the first scene ppl face at first, you could make it more specialized and detailed to affect the one who checks your map for the first time.

- The pickups are just placed without any plan and also overused. refer you to the Blue base where three powerfull pickups are just placed only a few cubes from eachother(2 healths, 1 kevlar and 1 helmet), also it seems you have put a nade over any single cube you have in your map. I think a mapper is responsible for any nade spammer lovers.

- Though I liked your layout, but I still found some points of your map very confusing. on the north east there is a corridor and suddenly you find 3 narrow paths ahead in front of your eyes, looking like solving puzzles and mazes. atleast one of those paths can be eliminated IMO.

- At last a big forgotten point about your map is voice effects.Actually I turned up the volume to highest to hear something, but I couldn't hear anything at all. I believe adding voice clips to your map helps alot to improve your map feeling and atmosphere.

Good Luck.
Thanks given by: