ac_gutter
ladies and gents, i present to you ac_tiebreak. this map is exactly symmetrical in layout, promoting a perfect environment for clans who wish to play on even ground. the setting is a flood canal on the outskirts of a city. i hope this map may help solve the problem of uneven playing ground that so many speak of. enjoy!

[Image: 20130517033802actiebrea.jpg]

[Image: 20130517033720actiebrea.jpg]

download link: http://ac-akimbo.net/showthread.php?tid=573
Thanks given by:
Didn't you just come back...

When did you make this? :o (or perhaps you had this lying around for a while in the vaults, hipster_tiebreak)

Looks nice btw, per usual.
Thanks given by:
This is tiebreak or gutter???
Thanks given by:
are you fucking kidding me?
Thanks given by:
Hahah, steal. You should still do one ExodusS. Having 2 perfectly balanced maps isn't something anyone would be sad/angry about. Will download and take a look at this map now Mercy :)
Thanks given by:
(17 May 13, 10:52AM)Z3R0 Wrote: Hahah, steal. You should still do one ExodusS. Having 2 perfectly balanced maps isn't something anyone would be sad/angry about. Will download and take a look at this map now Mercy :)

He doesn't even respect all weapons since the map is huge and open, the middle is a good source of lag, there is water and a lot of mapmodels that alters the vision, he didn't even test the SVN to have an idea about the new weapon balance, there were no test in match/inters before the final release, he doesn't care about base forms and the layout is not interesting in matches.
He's just stealing the "popular" idea and the name into a cheap map. ac_tiebreak will be release son (this summer or before probably) and I'll not rename the map for sure, hope he will deal with the .bak.

EDIT: The map is so long at some points the fog is bugging.
Thanks given by:
Haven't looked into it yet, but if that's true, then just be sure to take that into account when making your map I guess, ExodusS :)

As for ac_gutter, I like the layout and the central waterway idea. The bases seem a little bit hard to get in and out of easily, as there essentially is only 1 exit with 2 doors, and the flag is placed a little weirdly. Be more player friendly, heh.

One thing I expect to see in these balanced maps is some nice texture/detail changes in either side of the map. When you spawn in a pub I always know which team I'm on due to the base I'm in, and I like that. In TF2 symmetrical maps the texture colours change from red/blue depending on which side you're in, something like that but maybe a little more subtle could work well. The layout & rooms can still be balanced with unique details on either side :)
Thanks given by:
thank you all for the positve comments :D

(17 May 13, 05:45AM)ShadowFlameZ Wrote: When did you make this? :o (or perhaps you had this lying around for a while in the vaults, hipster_tiebreak)

had this half completed when i left six months ago. finished it.

(17 May 13, 06:12AM)#M|A#Wolf Wrote: This is tiebreak or gutter???

its officially called ac_gutter. i dubbed it "ac_tiebreak" to signify that it may be a good map for settling matches evenly.

(17 May 13, 11:18AM).ExodusS* Wrote:
(17 May 13, 10:52AM)Z3R0 Wrote: Hahah, steal. You should still do one ExodusS. Having 2 perfectly balanced maps isn't something anyone would be sad/angry about. Will download and take a look at this map now Mercy :)

He doesn't even respect all weapons since the map is huge and open, the middle is a good source of lag, there is water and a lot of mapmodels that alters the vision, he didn't even test the SVN to have an idea about the new weapon balance, there were no test in match/inters before the final release, he doesn't care about base forms and the layout is not interesting in matches.
He's just stealing the "popular" idea and the name into a cheap map. ac_tiebreak will be release son (this summer or before probably) and I'll not rename the map for sure, hope he will deal with the .bak.

EDIT: The map is so long at some points the fog is bugging.

first of all, i have just been told by [SODA]___ME___ that you are also making a tie breaking map. apparently you were going to call it ac_tiebreak. i had no idea about this as this is the first time i have been on the forums in well over 6 months. i havent been paying attention

this map is not called ac_tiebreak, its called ac_gutter. as i said to Wolf, "ac_tiebreak" is supposed to give viewers a clue that this map is not unbalanced. the direct image links say "ac_tiebreak" because thats what i codenamed it each time i saved it.

secondly, i always appreciate criticism, but you dont have to be such a pissant bro. evidently im not a pro mapper. good sleuthing holmes. bet it took a while to figure that one out.

dude. like 20000 people in the world play this game. its not exactly the most serious gaming communuity in the world. elites would never make one of my maps official anyways, no matter how good they were, because they think im not as good as them. so i want to say this: i dont give a damn if i test it in matches or "respect" weapons.

if you keep bitching, i might go so far as to renaming it ac_tiebreak officially. i didnt build this for you.

yfw i made this map:

[Image: 25418834.jpg]

(17 May 13, 01:33PM)Z3R0 Wrote: Haven't looked into it yet, but if that's true, then just be sure to take that into account when making your map I guess, ExodusS :)

As for ac_gutter, I like the layout and the central waterway idea. The bases seem a little bit hard to get in and out of easily, as there essentially is only 1 exit with 2 doors, and the flag is placed a little weirdly. Be more player friendly, heh.

One thing I expect to see in these balanced maps is some nice texture/detail changes in either side of the map. When you spawn in a pub I always know which team I'm on due to the base I'm in, and I like that. In TF2 symmetrical maps the texture colours change from red/blue depending on which side you're in, something like that but maybe a little more subtle could work well. The layout & rooms can still be balanced with unique details on either side :)

the thing about the bases is definitely true. ive never had a map with good bases.

i purposely made both sides symmetrical in looks, however, because i was worried that anything more than a slight aesthetic difference might give an advantage to one side. but as you said, it would probably have been good to make one side a little different than the other to tell them appart
Thanks given by:
I stop arguing, last time the same exact thing happened, i received 30% warning point from Bramha for saying the truth.
Thanks given by:
This map is a complete disaster.
Thanks given by:
(17 May 13, 04:30PM)Fearles=MyS= Wrote: This map is a complete disaster.

If you want to help the guy, at least tell him what in the map is a disaster.
Thanks given by:

Thanks for your insight ಠ_ಠ

For those of you who still don't get it, this is not ac_tiebreak, just a supposedly balanced map. Tiebreak is exo's baby.
Thanks given by:
well stated shadowz.

(17 May 13, 03:58PM).ExodusS* Wrote: I stop arguing, last time the same exact thing happened, i received 30% warning point from Bramha for saying the truth.

^^^

(17 May 13, 04:51PM)ShadowFlameZ Wrote: butthurtness

(17 May 13, 04:33PM)PhaNtom Wrote:

If you want to help the guy, at least tell him what in the map is a disaster.

this statement above. i couldn't care less about your feeble input, fearless, unless you actually give a legitimate reason as to why my map sucks ass. i honestly doubt you even downloaded the map bro
Thanks given by:
It's quite hard to believe that you weren't aware of Exo's project already, and just an incredible coincidence that you called it ac_tiebreak. It should remain ac_gutter, otherwise it will seem some kind of unrespectful shit towards Exoduss himself. Just saying.
Thanks given by:
somehow exo's flame comment is still more insightful than fearles'

oh well massive coincidence
Thanks given by:
MerCyKil #1 Mapper NA.
Thanks given by:
(17 May 13, 08:37PM)Andrez Wrote: It's quite hard to believe that you weren't aware of Exo's project already, and just an incredible coincidence that you called it ac_tiebreak. It should remain ac_gutter, otherwise it will seem some kind of unrespectful shit towards Exoduss himself. Just saying.

uh dude. first of all, it never changed to ac_tiebreak. when i released it, i was called and has continued to be called ac_gutter.

and sorry to burst your bubble about this "conspiracy theory" or yours but when i started this project before i left the game last, i called it ac_tiebreak. the name contains two english words referencing to a settling of accounts. its really not that hard to believe.

now i know you guys seem quite miserable and very unhappy to see me back but i guess thats just tough shit lol :)

(17 May 13, 10:41PM)gambino Wrote: MerCyKil #1 Mapper NA.

this.
Thanks given by: