My RVSF @ ac_outpost senses are tingling
Thanks given by:
(14 May 13, 01:13PM)Fate Wrote: My RVSF @ ac_outpost senses are tingling

CLA ac_ingress
CLA ac_desert3
RVSF ac_outpost
RVSF ac_gothic
RVSF ac_urban

I guess at least 3 of them will be played for sure.
Thanks given by:
gothic, urban, and des3 are all staples of 3v3 tournament play. Ive seen teams win from both sides
Thanks given by:
Yes you can win on both sides... but win percentage is probably not around 50%...
Thanks given by:
agreed, but des3 was so overplayed in some tournaments, that many teams began winning from rvsf until people who picked it realized they actually had to try harder. My point is, let the game be won from some unfair sides, it'll allow teams to feel good about themselves to actually make the tournament fun for "less experienced" teams. A fighting chance goes a long way in self-gratification, and keeps the "extremely experienced" teams on their toes.

Then again, some people (like oNe) will surely pick stilted picks, but that enhances the meta-game of the game we all like to game (read: masturbate) to. It's just part of the process and will surely make for some interesting games. Word of advice to errybody, learn werk like the back of your hand, and be ready for some weird picks to cause some weird upsets.
Thanks given by:
I knew that hours i spent on keller in public ages ago would be usefull one day.
Thanks given by:
(14 May 13, 11:27PM)Waffles Wrote: Word of advice to errybody, learn werk like the back of your hand

:>

As Waffles said, some picks can be won even with the "worse" side. Actually the more you play it and train it, the more chances you have to win it lol
I personally prefer desert3 as RVSF, and i'm used to play gothic as CLA so..
Thanks given by:
(14 May 13, 11:27PM)Waffles Wrote: agreed, but des3 was so overplayed in some tournaments, that many teams began winning from rvsf until people who picked it realized they actually had to try harder.

Yes, this is right, cause I remember when a clan (i don't know the clan name, it was during the legacy transition or something like that) was raping the RVSF base of outpost, after a lot of matches (more than 20 on this map/mode) we were able to own 2 AR's (Larry and Yopa IIRC) with 2 SMG's on the bad side, this happened 3 times in a row (larry ragequitted lololol), then they switched to ac_desert3 (wich is impossible to counter with SMG's). So all I want to say is that you must be really more skilled than your opponents if you want to win in the bad side with bad weapons, so clans like this are always forcing others to change and be stupid try-harders like them @using a weapon they don't like and voting maps they don't like just to win.

Since it's a game, I don't know why i should shit myself to win, the 1.0 was so far different, don't even expect someone posting the list of what some rC (and many other clans) members are using during the 1.0 and previous versions. This would result in a sure blacklist (since the carbon mod and little stuffs like modified scopes were almost blacklistable), don't expect to enter in good clans (@BC oNe A&D w00p M|A 3" and some others) and to create a clan full of advantage users.

And btw, the unfair map thread was not even mentioned before, since good clans had some ego, they wanted to proof to others that they were better than their opponents, so maps like shine/depot were rapped, aqueous was never played.
Thanks given by:
What about letting teams choose a map that they'll play twice (once each side) at the beginning of their match ?
Thanks given by:
Oppa Drakas Style !

Referee picks one/two random maps (changing for each week), teams plays each side of this map, flags counts. GG WP
Thanks given by:
@Roflcopter, check your PM please.
Thanks given by:
IMO you shouldn't announce all the maps before the tourny
Thanks given by:
=AW= just played a 1/2 match against [Hunt] clan, |oNe|Million and =SA=Valf13 were playing under alliases and proxies with the [Hunt] tag. They applied in this clan a while ago and are playing matches and publics under those 2 tags since. (we already played against 3 players under russian proxy some days ago with Lucas and YoungStud).

They were also trolling us with some easy provocations based on the "Match rules" topic.

GG
Thanks given by:
yeah million's kinda a cunt :D
Thanks given by:
(15 May 13, 01:06PM).ExodusS* Wrote:
(14 May 13, 11:27PM)Waffles Wrote: agreed, but des3 was so overplayed in some tournaments, that many teams began winning from rvsf until people who picked it realized they actually had to try harder.
...So all I want to say is that you must be really more skilled than your opponents if you want to win in the bad side with bad weapons, so clans like this are always forcing others to change and be stupid try-harders like them @using a weapon they don't like and voting maps they don't like just to win.

desert3 isn't overplayed because it is biased. oNe pick desert3 most of the time, at least when i'm playing, because it provides the most enjoyable gameplay out of any map. you have long range, aim based gameplay, rather than running into your opponent with an SMG on gothic, holding down mouse1 with both of you facing certain death. you have great room on the map to outmaneuver and outsmart your opponent, and press for advantages properly, which you won't find on many other maps in AC. every other map aside from werk is nowhere near as open as desert3. serious offenders of stale gameplay are ingress, depot and outpost.

i don't disagree that some people just pick AR because its OP and easy, but personally, i love using the AR because of the greater mobility it provides, which fits my play-style perfectly, as i always felt the SMG unsuitable to my play-style simply because of the lack of mobility. as such, SMG is far less enjoyable to use for me than the AR and this is the same for a great deal of other players.
Thanks given by:
(15 May 13, 02:57PM).ExodusS* Wrote: =AW= just played a 1/2 match against [Hunt] clan, |oNe|Million and =SA=Valf13 were playing under alliases and proxies with the [Hunt] tag. They applied in this clan a while ago and are playing matches and publics under those 2 tags since. (we already played against 3 players under russian proxy some days ago with Lucas and YoungStud).

They were also trolling us with some easy provocations based on the "Match rules" topic.

GG

No proxy, no provocations. We didn't insulted, you did. You expectedto win to much and we won (not easily), I start to understand people who dislike you. And thanks for banning us from woop's TS (1 day).

Ty Waffles this touch me.

We will obviously not play for hunt for this tournament,we are just honorary member, don't see the point of posting this here.
Thanks given by:
don't let the flame war begins on this topic, this is the first topic trying to get things happens since a year.

pliz
Thanks given by:
Yeah sorry I'll PM hi delete these useless post.

Larry don't wait sunday to open the thread to make schedules I think people could start to organize before.
Thanks given by:
Where We let's play ? that server ?
Thanks given by:
I can understand this, but this kick-back is way too OP, and OP is enjoyable :D
I also agree about the "holding down MOUSE1" on open maps with the AR, it's not the easiest weapon to handle by far. My 2 cents about desert3 is that CLA base is easy to defend/cut flag trajectory, the base have some well covered pickups they can use for massive attacks. But RVSF have some little advantages too (the long side can be blocked by a good and smart fragger in 1 vs 2).

About weapons preferences, IMO it's probably because i'm a fan (no quote plz) of quake-like games, carabine, smg and shotgun are the most fun weapons to use and they are weak since the 1.0 (carabine wasn't here lolol).

What the fuck is this quote Undead, the first part is not from me! - fixed
Thanks given by:
The first round thread will be posted Friday I hope (be ready to play from Monday!).
Thanks given by:
[Image: black-guy_fb_698962.jpg]
Thanks given by:
hello
Thanks given by:
Any referee list?
Thanks given by:
Reliable volunteers welcome. Currently just me however.
Thanks given by:
I can when im free
Thanks given by:
(19 May 13, 01:12AM)lucky Wrote: I can when im free

(18 May 13, 11:47PM)Roflcopter Wrote: Reliable volunteers welcome.

Sorry mate.
Thanks given by:
i can referee
Thanks given by:
i assure you vermi is a quality referee
Thanks given by:
Sanzo and Harrek will be referees for some non-w00p games.
Thanks given by: