Banjo tuning
This crap is driving me crazy, I'm tuning my banjo (at least trying to) with this but I'm scared I pull too much causing strings break, because sounds are too low but strings seem to be already pulled at their limit. If that helps, there is the current bridge position.... Is it right?
[Image: 59uY6L1.jpg]
Thanks given by:
i just talked to a mandolin player about this last night (he just started playing banjo). I tuned the banjo head for him and asked him where the bridge needed to be. He told me, that the bridge is in the correct position when you get each string to be perfectly in tune with it's octave.

get you a tuner (which i assume you already have) and adjust it accordingly. for more specifics, id have to ask him again
Thanks given by:
My problem is that when I adjust every string, the strings get too stressed (on the shortest part), although the part from the bridge to the first fret is still fine...
Thanks given by:
(09 May 13, 11:15PM)Andrez Wrote: (on the shortest part)

As someone who plays a stringed instrument, this does not make any sense to me.
Thanks given by:
I have no musical talent, but I did find this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gr9NdvL6fyE

from what I see it looks like the distance from the top of the string to the bridge should be twice the distance from top of string to the 12th fret, but I could be totally wrong on that so best to follow his instructions.
Thanks given by: