ac_tiebreak
Sorry to burst in here, but are you saying you are adding a full poly fence? That seems awfully wasteful.
Thanks given by:
RR, I am not adding a new item, simply replacing the old model with a better one...

As I mentioned not only is the ugly zfighting gone but it actually now looks like a 'proper' fence and the shooting through is no longer sort of 'aleatory' (check vertex on 3rd and 4th images and look how some 'wires' were thinner than others).

This at the cost of an extra 6Kb... btw, it will still be lighter (64Kb) than the original old fence folder that was 80Kb.
Thanks given by:
I will probably start the map tomorow, but first I need some basic informations about the base layout.

I don't want to make a splited/huge base for some reasons, first of all this map is made for matches, so we can't let some facts ruining the gameplay.

Bad exemple: ac_desert3 CLA base, spawns are dumbs, there are spawns at the top (out of the base lol), the map is huge and when the enemy escape with your flag, the most important points to stop him is to have a good spawn (or not a unlucky one). It's the same thing on ac_depot, if you spawn front of the way the enemy escapes, he's dead, if you don't spawn at the oposite... bad luck. To avoid this, I will make a non splited base (remember the ac_desert3 exemple) and i'll make a not huge room, like that different spawns will not affect the random spawn a lot.

Bad exemple: ac_shine, both bases are very open, this offers a very soft, fast and enjoyable gameplay, but this is a serial issue related to the spawn kill, if you stay on sides (right and left) you can easily spawnkill an oponent (because spawn orientations are not always very well placed). Plus the CLA side is directly open to the middle, spawning here with a sniper/ar front is like spawning half HP. To avoid this, if you check the gameplay picture, you can see the middle is not directly linked to bases, there is a room between the base and the mid. Plus, to avoid spawn kills, spawn points will have a good orientation and will be sticked to walls, like that the spawnkiller will not be in your back (but front or at sides).

If you have ideas about a base layout (more interesting than a simple cube) with pilars (and where?), high differences, ladders, stairs, etc, drop a line (or a pic) of two.
Thanks given by:
Any news ? Did you start to map ?
Thanks given by:
Any progress on this?
Thanks given by:
Yes there are some rooms in prototypes, I didn't test textures and models I'll use yet, but almost the half of the room designs (especially bases and rooms linked to bases) are done.
I also asked someone to help me once the layout will be finish, I let you guess who. :3

BTW: I though I could have a lot of free-time during summer holidays but in fact I don't.
Thanks given by: