[mapmodels] Set of oil drums + spill
Image speaks louder than words in this case.

Now available via SVN

[Image: oildrumspre.jpg]
Thanks given by:
A boat like ac_fracht + black colored water = oil spill map!
Thanks given by:
Nice, now you can fix this ugly flying green liquids:

[Image: 20130514.jpg]

;D
Thanks given by:
the oil looks real cartoonish

i love it

its a really different art style but it blends so well
Thanks given by:
(10 May 13, 02:42AM)Cemer Wrote: the oil looks real cartoonish

i love it

its a really different art style but it blends so well
yeh, it reminded me of the map subterra in sauerbraten.
Thanks given by:
Looks like Borderlands' art style :/
Thanks given by:
(10 May 13, 05:36AM)Felix-The-Ghost Wrote: Looks like Borderlands' art style :/
Bingo! One of my favourite game and indeed source of inspiration for this model.

@ ExodusS* About the 'floating' liquid it's a no can do and it's going to be the same with the oil spill, you just have to adjust surrounding geometry accordingly.
Thanks given by:
(10 May 13, 06:32AM)Cleaner Wrote: @ ExodusS* About the 'floating' liquid it's a no can do and it's going to be the same with the oil spill, you just have to adjust surrounding geometry accordingly.

Then speak to RK for me please. :p
Also tell him to clip fences.
Thanks given by:
(10 May 13, 06:32AM)Cleaner Wrote:
@ ExodusS* About the 'floating' liquid it's a no can do and it's going to be the same with the oil spill, you just have to adjust surrounding geometry accordingly.
Not really, couldn't that be done with 2 plane faces making a 90° degrees?
Thanks given by:
(10 May 13, 01:16PM)Andrez Wrote:
Not really, couldn't that be done with 2 plane faces making a 90° degrees?

z-fights
Thanks given by:
(10 May 13, 07:55PM).ExodusS* Wrote: z-fights
I don't think so...
Thanks given by:
Me neither, z-fight occurs when planes are over lapping... A mere 16th of a cube between them two groups is enough to avoid the problem.
Thanks given by:
Bingo! One of my favourite game and indeed source of inspiration for this model.

Ah, so I wasn't the only who thought it looked 'cell shaded'. Good job cleaner for that!
Thanks given by:
While I can appreciate the derived art-style of these, I wonder just how well they would "fit in" with current maps and even the AC's overall art direction.

Mapmodels and textures should not only look great on their own, but work well with current content and the current AC art-style.

Not to imply I have even loaded up this model to test in a map at all, but even from that screenshot I honestly cringe -- hopefully the two different worlds of art-styles can get along...
Thanks given by:
Models like other materials (textures/skymaps) don't fit/blend with every themes (desert skymap on a snowy map that has palm trees?).

Don't forget that thanks to the models conversion and image files optimization we now have room for plenty new models, obviously some models will look odd on a certain kind of maps but top notch on others.
Thanks given by:
I'm sorry, I didn't put enough emphasis on the art-style part -- meaning this looks like it belongs in a different game -- not AC

My issue is not with the "theme" conflict (though oil drums could go in almost any theme) it's an art-style conflict. Again, this is only by looking at the screenshot, but I don't have mild feelings about it so far to be honest.

Also, I'm not terribly worried about the package size, I am worried that the potential is there for maps to have items that distract the user from the overall experience.

Again, I haven't tested this in game so maybe my comments will be retracted, but they aren't yet.
Thanks given by:
No worries, texture tweaking can be done at any time.
Thanks given by:
(11 May 13, 02:47PM)Cleaner Wrote: No worries, texture tweaking can be done at any time.

Couldn't he also make a PERSONAL texture mod of it? Just wondering.
Thanks given by:
(11 May 13, 07:31PM)D3M0NW0LF Wrote: Couldn't he also make a PERSONAL texture mod of it? Just wondering.

Yeah sure!

Thanks given by:
...nice, Cleaner *facepalm*
Thanks given by:
That was so obviuos, somebody would come and post a reply to Cleaner post...
Thanks given by:
(11 May 13, 07:51PM)Cleaner Wrote:
(11 May 13, 07:31PM)D3M0NW0LF Wrote: Couldn't he also make a PERSONAL texture mod of it? Just wondering.

Yeah sure!

(11 May 13, 10:26PM)PhaNtom Wrote: ...nice, Cleaner *facepalm*

What we have here is... rock drums filled with black powder....??? Lol.
Thanks given by:
I came up with an idea that these barrels could be set on fire by shooting at it or maybe it would explode if you were to shoot at it multiple times. An animated fire or an explosion that could be the same as a grenade explosion(does the same thing that a grenade would; same damage).
Thanks given by:
Cho so it's YOU who had THE idea of an exploding barrel... Very smart!

btw stay on topic please
Thanks given by:
(12 May 13, 06:31AM)Cleaner Wrote: Cleaner edit:
DON'T QUOTE ME ON THINGS I DIDN'T SAY!!!
FTFY.
Thanks given by: