FreeBSD Server
Could someone of the developers provide me a precompiled FreeBSD Assault Cube server binary with anti-cheat? (AC 1.1.0.4)
Thanks given by:
Can't you compile it yourself?
Thanks given by:
The 'anti-cheat' system was never disclosed AFAIK. If he compiles the server it won't have the 'anticheat system' (I don't see how it is a loss judging the quantity of post in the blacklist section).
Thanks given by:
Indeed...
Thanks given by:
Trust system ftw. [/sarcasm]
Thanks given by:
trust system my sack. there are more hackers now than i remember ever.
Thanks given by:
(04 May 13, 01:17AM)Boomhauer Wrote: trust system my sack. there are more hackers now than i remember ever.

I was being sarcastic. :I
Thanks given by:
(04 May 13, 01:17AM)Boomhauer Wrote: there are more hackers now than i remember ever.
Prove it!
Thanks given by:
(04 May 13, 06:37AM)Cleaner Wrote:
(04 May 13, 01:17AM)Boomhauer Wrote: there are more hackers now than i remember ever.
Prove it!

http://forum.cubers.net/thread-543.html
Thanks given by:
why a freebsd binary
Thanks given by:
Because FreeBSD is the leading OS for servers...
Thanks given by:
(03 May 13, 04:27PM)TheNihilanth Wrote: The 'anti-cheat' system was never disclosed AFAIK. If he compiles the server it won't have the 'anticheat system' (I don't see how it is a loss judging the quantity of post in the blacklist section).

First, many servers don't run with the anticheat enabled, that's one of the reasons there are still many cheaters.

Also, i don't know if you played 1.0.4, but there were more cheating, and more obvious cheating.

The anticheat is a very good thing; which doesn't mean it can't be improved.
But dont' say it's useless, it is certainly not.
Thanks given by:
Well I didn't mean it was useless. Just that this is an open source game...Anyone can modify the client...moreover the 'sensible code' *is in* the client. Sure, the anticheat can catch obvious and predictable cheats but how about the subtle cheaters? Those that stay "unnoticed" nowadays? All the load is charged to human-decision about who and who doesn't cheat right now for that matter.

I wasn't in 1.0.4 but when was the last time the anticheat was updated?

I've read that an auth-system is in mind/work (from a post of yours about current dev status, that was pleasent to read btw) and I don't know what is being cooked behind the scenes, but wouldn't be a *major* improvement moving the 'sensible client' code to the server at expense of little increase in bandwidth requirements? I bet that would be a superb solution.
I wish I could (fiddling with enet yet) help in some way (even when my questions get no answer at all) so take that as a suggestion.
Thanks given by:
(04 May 13, 09:19PM)Luc@s Wrote: Also, i don't know if you played 1.0.4, but there were more cheating, and more obvious cheating.

Yes, this ^^.

If people don't remember what could happen, I'll recap:
Join a server, find out everyone is getting headshot instantly no matter where you are on the map, somehow.
A person fly by super fast, and headshot you.
Your whole team dies once and awhile because of a grenade across the map.
People spinning rapidly randomly, headshotting you.
Your enemy scores flags instantly.

These are a couple cheats that cannot happen in 1.1, and tbh I rather have the more discrete cheats than these.
Thanks given by:
That were the good old times :)
Thanks given by:
(04 May 13, 04:24PM)PhaNtom Wrote:
(04 May 13, 06:37AM)Cleaner Wrote:
Prove it!

http://forum.cubers.net/thread-543.html

Take a closer look at this link, only a few entries every now and then...
Back in the old days there was hundreds of them on a daily basis.
Thanks given by:
Anyone who can help me?
Thanks given by:
Well, in general devs won't really do specific compiles for people. Especially if a dev with ACAC access doesn't have FreeBSD.

What exactly about is it that you need from FreeBSD? AC doesn't really require the "the leading OS for servers". Actually, the only thing AC really needs is a good connection.
Thanks given by:
Of course, I have a FreeBSD server for hosting and other stuff. And I want to run AC server next to my other services. So it'll be surely on FreeBSD.

But if you really can't do it, no problem. A friend will maybe write an anti-cheat code for me...
Thanks given by:
(04 May 13, 10:15PM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote:
(04 May 13, 09:19PM)Luc@s Wrote: Also, i don't know if you played 1.0.4, but there were more cheating, and more obvious cheating.

^
Yes it was funny a minute or two, then headshot_city was full of those players, it was often cheaters against cheaters and both had like 300+ frags.
Ladders were also full of those cheaters, spinhackers with a 1 shot shotgun was fucking annoying, and all votes not passing cause it was only 8 F1 and 1 F2, this was also annoying as hell (but wait, the voting system is still the same and nobody votes still LOL).
Thanks given by: