New Ladder
Would anyone be interested in a new ladder?
People would need to register and login to make their scores submitted. No registered players are of course allowed to play, but their scores won't be send to the server.
Thanks given by:
[Image: 1c9h0.jpg]
Thanks given by:
How would players be registered and recognized by the servers? Our nicks and the first 2-3 octets from our IP's?
Thanks given by:
We'd work with a login system. You register on the website (or ingame) and you can play...
Thanks given by:
Modded server yeah?

EDIT: Only hassle being that it would not be allowed on the MS. or would it? since it is not a gameplay mod?
Thanks given by:
(03 May 13, 08:53AM)DrauL Wrote: Modded server yeah?

EDIT: Only hassle being that it would not be allowed on the MS. or would it? since it is not a gameplay mod?

If it doesn't effect gameplay at all, then it's most likely allowed on the MS.
Thanks given by:
Yes modded server. Just normal gameplay...
Thanks given by:
This is a new and the 1st lss ladder (its still in testing mode):

/connect 151.28.205.234 28763

Hosted by me and made by Baruch (location Rome)
Thanks given by:
Does it have a website it reports too, like the BoB ladder?
Thanks given by:
(03 May 13, 02:01PM)PhaNtom Wrote: Does it have a website it reports too, like the BoB ladder?

I'm still working for it with Baruch, but its coming soon, for now you can see your score in game typing !myscore !top5 and !top10 :)
Thanks given by:
(03 May 13, 02:01PM)PhaNtom Wrote: Does it have a website it reports too, like the BoB ladder?

Yep, ofcourse we'll have a website

(03 May 13, 02:07PM)DeathCrew77 Wrote:

I'm still working for it with Baruch, but its coming soon, for now you can see your score in game typing !myscore !top5 and !top10 :)

Please stay a bit on topic :)
Thanks given by:
deathcrew with the straight thread steal. always a classy move.

imo, registering will take away from time people spend actually playing the game and will make the whole concept really convoluted. Secondly, there is more supply of ladder servers atm than demand. If you're going to be doing it right (paying for good servers, web hosting, etc.), it will have to be a vastly superior product to what is out there now to even remotely have a chance at success. I'm not discouraging you, but at the same time, it's not something that will get the results you'd like to see I imagine. I've been wrong before though
Thanks given by:
(03 May 13, 04:20PM)Waffles Wrote: imo, registering will take away from time people spend actually playing the game and will make the whole concept really convoluted.

I agree here, probably only the hardcore ladder'ers would be willing to sign up to participate.

AC doesn't need more server log based ladders thats for sure, theres only so much information you can get from them. Have the server put data directly into a database itself or maybe analyze the demo files, you'll be able to get a lot more statistics than from server logs.

Edit: One thing I sorta wish the current ladder systems had is an "opt-out" system. Maybe if I type "!optout" when I join the server my statistics wouldn't be counted for the duration of that session.
Thanks given by:
(03 May 13, 04:20PM)Waffles Wrote: Secondly, there is more supply of ladder servers atm than demand.
Economics of AC right here.

But yeah, right now the only major ladder server in use is the {BoB} one, while certain people who can't play there (lol dat ban on xenon) are trying to get the akimbo one popular.
Any others would be superfluous - TyD's ladder predates both {BoB}'s and akimbo's, but is rarely full anymore, let alone used...
Thanks given by:
NOT EVEN BANNED ON BOB LADDER SERVERS :DDDD
Thanks given by:
(04 May 13, 07:50PM)Xenon Wrote: NOT EVEN BANNED ON BOB LADDER SERVERS :DDDD

Dat range.

Why ban all of Brazil when we can ban all of Australia...
Thanks given by:
I thoroughly entertain the idea of not banning australia.
Thanks given by:
(03 May 13, 11:39PM)ShadowFlameZ Wrote: TyD's ladder precluded both of these
*predated?
Thanks given by:
(05 May 13, 05:44AM)GDM Wrote:
(03 May 13, 11:39PM)ShadowFlameZ Wrote: TyD's ladder precluded both of these
*predated?
yes. not sure where precluded came from...lol
Thanks given by:
predates* :>
Thanks given by:
(05 May 13, 03:37PM)Aekom Wrote: predates* :>