OPEN Server - 8 Simple Rules
OPEN has a few changes to give our guests a more enjoyable environment. See yellow text below if you do not agree to one or more of these rules/guidelines.

OPEN SERVER -- 8 Simple Rules

1. TEAMKILLING: Teamkilling happens all the time and cannot generally cannot be dealt with for everytime someone is teamkilled; however, if you are found teamkilling intentionally or excessively, you may be removed from the server.

2. LANGUAGE: The majority of us here are not kids. Come on, please be adult about it and do not insult other clients, or use any offensive language on the server. We do not mind phrases such as "wtf, gtfo, omg, etc". Racism/Sexism will not be tolerated! If you are racist, you are banned! If you attempt to promote war in RL (real life), you are banned!

3. FLAME/SPAM: Flaming is defined as annoying other clients on purpose, telling admins what to do, or getting in a situation that does not involve you and is between admin and another client. SPAM is defined as: "Stupid Pointless And Meaningless" comments/gestures, or saying the same thing over and over again. (Including: voice com spam, holding binds)

4. CAMPING: Unlike other servers, camping is permitted on OPEN. Exceptions: An Admin or mod may ask you to move somewhere else on the map or not camp for a certain length of time if they feel that you are camping far too much. By this, we mean: spawn camping, base camping. Rather than killing the same player 20 times, which is just not fun, please give them a chance here and there to escape their base.

5. ILLEGAL ACTIVITY: This particular rule is enforced for a reason! Discussions of illegal activity on the server is not permitted and could land you banned for a long time. This includes but not limited to: Drug talk, attempting to get minors to visit adult websites, file sharing copyrighted content, teaching users how to make bombs (yes we've had a couple of these ridiculous clients attempt this discussion on the server), and all other illegal activities that have not been stated.

6. NAMES: Please do not use any offensive names on the server. Exceptions: "yomomma" or drug-based names are permitted as long as you don't promote drug use, racism, or sexism along with your name. For duplicate names: Other than "unarmed" players, please do not use other people's names. If there is 2 players on the server with the same names -- example: DG|KoolZ, the impersonator will be asked to rename.

7. CHEATING: If you are caught cheating, you will be permanently banned. We also know how to range ban, as well as block proxies/VPN services so don't bother trying as you will just waste your time and make yourself look silly.

8. ADMINS: We ask that you listen to the Admins/Mods at all times without a fuss. If you do have a problem with a specific admin or mod, please see "rampage" (forum name: rampage.wd) OR the server owner, Kenny. Do not get in the middle of a situation that you are not involved in. If you do have a problem with how that admin handled a specific player, approach him or her AFTER they are finished dealing with the situation and request that you speak to them in private. They will not crap on you. If they do, see rampage.

FOLKS: This server does not belong to me, it does not belong to the admins/mods or even Kenny. It belongs to ALL of us. If you feel that something is too strict or not strict enough on the servers, PLEASE step forward and speak up! Don't bash people on the forums because it's childish and immature.

Please keep in mind that some rules will not be changed as we have kids between ages 12-17 playing on the server. If for some reason we cannot accept your request, then perhaps the OPEN server is not right for you; but, we will do our best to make it enjoyable for you.

CONTACT ME:
Forum: rampage.wd
Ingame Name: rampage (Be careful as people like to impersonate me)
You can find me at: OPEN, Exodus, or the SODA servers.
Thanks given by:
I have to question how offensive "yomomma" is to anyone who isn't a little bitch, but overall this seems quite sensible. This could all be distilled into "Don't be a dick."

Just don't be dicks, guys.

That's all you gotta do.

Don't be a dick.

Easy.
Thanks given by:
Hey this is the guests servers. Not mine, not Kenny.

NOW: I will indicate right away that names like "yomomma", if the majority of the server finds names like that offensive, it's their call to kick. Admins will not get in the way unless it does become an issue.

If everyone can follow the rules above, us Admins will not even be noticeable on the server.
Thanks given by:
(28 Apr 13, 02:40AM)Jack Wrote: Don't be a dick.
That's an insult to all the ACers named Richard :P

Thanks for the clarification, rampage.
Thanks given by:
About the camping. You realize I hate camping, but how long does one know when they have camped "too much"? I realize if an admin/mod is there that they will tell them, but suppose there is not?
Also, if there are certain words you do not wish for people to say, why not ask Kenny to add them in the forbidden.cfg :?
Thanks given by:
For camping... if guests feel someone is not being fair with their camping, they can throw up a kick vote and it will no longer be failed by mods/admins.

As for the language:
forbidden.cfg has a habbit of blocking many innocent words but I am attempting to create a fix for that.

We do have some major words blocked, but people will just bypass anyway using *'s and so on. It's better to just try not to say them. :)
Thanks given by:
I can see that you are perhaps referring to ME's forbidden :P
Thanks given by:
Pretty much. I don't want OPEN having the same mistake. :P
Thanks given by:
:(

This server upsets me.. because of your ban of illegalness of all kinds me and my CLA buddies can't have a nice game of dice in the well.
Thanks given by:
If you don't agree with the fact that we have to remove you for any form of illegal activity, OPEN may not be the server for you.

I am not getting in trouble with the law myself for allowing users to commit crimes. I hope you understand this.
Thanks given by:
(28 Apr 13, 03:58AM)rampage.wd Wrote: If you don't agree with the fact that we have to remove you for any form of illegal activity, OPEN may not be the server for you.

I would like you to know that I run The Pirate Bay straight from my ac client to serve the whole of humanity.

Come at me bro!
Thanks given by:
lol, between you and BHO i wouldnt doubt that.....
(28 Apr 13, 05:56AM)Iguana Wrote:
(28 Apr 13, 03:58AM)rampage.wd Wrote: If you don't agree with the fact that we have to remove you for any form of illegal activity, OPEN may not be the server for you.

I would like you to know that I run The Pirate Bay straight from my ac client to serve the whole of humanity.

Come at me bro!

lol, between you and BHO i wouldnt doubt that.....
Thanks given by:
LOL iguana. IMO the rules are too long, it should be simplified into these simple rules: BE nice, no cheating, no tking, no racism, and no insults.
Thanks given by:
You could've saved a lot of time. All your rules are the universal rules of the game, with exceptions with your points 4 and 5.
Thanks given by:
I salute your no drug policy.
Thanks given by:
(28 Apr 13, 06:43AM)Jg99 Wrote: LOL iguana. IMO the rules are too long, it should be simplified into these simple rules: BE nice, no cheating, no tking, no racism, and no insults.

You don't have to read the descriptions fully. The bold prints are kind of straight forward.

(28 Apr 13, 07:52AM)#M|A#Wolf Wrote: You could've saved a lot of time. All your rules are the universal rules of the game, with exceptions with your points 4 and 5.

Yes but if I don't add the universal ones now.. people on the server will just complain and yell "ABUSE" for the dumbest reasons.

One crazy story would be of 2 clients threatening have us globally blacklisted because they can't talk about "The Pirate Bay" or other illegal file sharing sites. So the rules I've posted are pretty much one big heads up that if you don't like specific rules like that, then I wouldn't connect to OPEN.

We've also had people come on our server just to call a map vote and when all the guests vote no (which fails the vote), they start cussing their brains out at the people that voted no, and then wonder why they were banned, and of course make pathetic threats like: "Ima report you for abuse!" or my personal favorite, "Ima hack your computer you piece of..."

So... as long as the majority of the people on the forum agree with the rules I posted above and/or give us some feedback, most of our newest mods will know that they aren't doing anything wrong while dealing with the situations.

Also it only took me less than 10 minutes to write the rules.

(28 Apr 13, 08:59AM)RKTnoob Wrote: I salute your no drug policy.

Thanks. I do too. lol

I will admit that a lot of the rules did come from another game that I used to administrate in for 7 years (Star Wars online). And then the no drug policy has always been a rule carried with me for every single game or network I have been administrating on for 12+ years.

----------IMPORTANT----------
I would like to clear one thing as I have been seeing this all over the place:

I am not DM, nore is it my alias. DM (DeadMan), is someone who has been a guest on OPEN for longer than I have and only recently became a Moderator. Do not get him mixed up with me, and I only go by one name in AssaultCube, rampage. Sometimes you will catch me undercover, while I am trying to go after specific cheaters or trouble makers; but otherwise, I am and always well be called, rampage. The same name I've carried ever since I started video gaming many, many years ago (Pacman - high scores chart was the first) and never I changed it.

I hope this clears that up for those who were confused.
Thanks given by:
I can't tell you how many times i've been arrested for talking about reefer in video game servers. Dem police be errywhere.

But seriously, and I don't intend to be a complete dick here, but wouldn't it just be simpler to not bother writing these down? There's going to have to be an admin to enforce these rules already, so can't each be handled by a case by case basis? I don't see the point in posting a list of rules.

Maybe it's advertising you're after? Simply make a post saying the server exists and BAM, free advertising.

Also your name is still confusing, because there's been a rampage on the AC scene for awhile before you got here.
Thanks given by:
Actually RAMPAGE is known as gRamps in game.
Thanks given by:
DrauL Wrote:Actually RAMPAGE is known as gRamps in game.

Yes do not get us confused. I know I only started playing AC just over a year ago, but I had this name since the 90's when I first cared about the PAC-Man high scores, and this is a name I won't give up. Also people can tell us a part easily as I only play on a few servers.

(29 Apr 13, 01:55PM)Waffles Wrote: But seriously, and I don't intend to be a complete dick here, but wouldn't it just be simpler to not bother writing these down? There's going to have to be an admin to enforce these rules already, so can't each be handled by a case by case basis? I don't see the point in posting a list of rules.

Maybe it's advertising you're after? Simply make a post saying the server exists and BAM, free advertising.

Also this is not an advertisement as I don't really believe in advertising servers on forums. I felt forced to post these rules because we had a few people acting out like children, but calling us Admins "children", because they don't agree with our "no illegal activity" policy or racism/sexism policy.

---

Here is an example of what I mean that just happen on the SODA server last night (I have IP's, demos and screenshots if you're interested), but know I was not there until I was called in by other Mods.

Using {TBR}IguanaMoo as the example seem as he posted that ridiculous comment above, for the sake of attention seeking:

On the SODA server there was a client using some language, possibly seeking attention, etc, but that did not really bother anyone. Until that client did get to far and started being sexist and constantly talking about "girl-parts", the Admin had to ask this client to stop.

From what I saw in the demos, it seems that (with Moo being Admin on SODA), not needing to agree with what the Admins had to say, but went completely against them with this remark:

"rampage stop being 5!" -- But I guess he thought I was undercover or something, which I wasn't even on the game itself at the time until I got messages that Moo was getting out of hand.

I know this Mod wasn't doing anything wrong because two other admins were also telling this client to stop making sexual remarks.

So this is an example of people like {TBR}IguanaMoo, who clearly either drank to much, simply want to hear the sound of their own voice, or simply can't stop bashing people for the stupidest reasons.

Screenshot here:
http://i.imgur.com/ixG8Lc6.jpg

Thanks given by:
If your server is called OPEN, what will it be called when the mastermode is private or match? :P
Thanks given by:
(29 Apr 13, 03:59PM)rampage.wd Wrote: Using {TBR}IguanaMoo as the example seem as he posted that ridiculous comment above, for the sake of attention seeking:

On the SODA server there was a client using some language, possibly seeking attention, etc, but that did not really bother anyone. Until that client did get to far and started being sexist and constantly talking about "girl-parts", the Admin had to ask this client to stop.

From what I saw in the demos, it seems that (with Moo being Admin on SODA), not needing to agree with what the Admins had to say, but went completely against them with this remark:

"rampage stop being 5!" -- But I guess he thought I was undercover or something, which I wasn't even on the game itself at the time until I got messages that Moo was getting out of hand.

Screenshot here:

you clearly have no idea what just happened...

yes, the pig guy likes girls, why not?
also you fail to see where friendships are chained, soggy is friends with the pig guy, and you and fluffy are threatening their friendly chat with over abusive admin rights of banning him out of the server.
and ctt is clearly confused and follows the zomby orders of your ruling, he cant think when hes sitting on his rainbow nyan cat tail playing ac.

and that's what i called you and sir' fluffy 5, because theirs no difference between either of you, and the way you think.

also the battle field is in ac, dont bring it to the forums.
Thanks given by:
(30 Apr 13, 02:52AM)Iguana Wrote: ...soggy is friends with the pig guy, and you and fluffy are threatening their friendly chat with over abusive admin rights of banning him out of the server.
and ctt is clearly confused and follows the zomby orders of your ruling, he cant think when hes sitting on his rainbow nyan cat tail playing ac.

and that's what i called you and sir' fluffy 5, because theirs no difference between either of you, and the way you think...

Wut?
Thanks given by:
(28 Apr 13, 06:43AM)Jg99 Wrote: it should be simplified into these simple rules: BE nice, no cheating, no tking, no racism, and no insults.

It can be simplified even more: have a good behavior
Thanks given by:
(30 Apr 13, 09:59PM).ExodusS* Wrote:
(28 Apr 13, 06:43AM)Jg99 Wrote: it should be simplified into these simple rules: BE nice, no cheating, no tking, no racism, and no insults.

simplified to one word less: use common sense.
Thanks given by:
(30 Apr 13, 10:42PM)#M|A#Wolf Wrote:
(30 Apr 13, 09:59PM).ExodusS* Wrote:

simplified to one word less: use common sense.

simplified to no words:
[Image: no_bad_things.jpg]
Thanks given by:
That's two words with a line through them.
Here it is simplified to no words:

Thanks given by:
(30 Apr 13, 02:37AM)Cho Wrote: If your server is called OPEN, what will it be called when the mastermode is private or match? :P

Good question. lol

We will only allow 1 server to be private at a time though, to be fair.

(30 Apr 13, 02:52AM)Iguana Wrote:
(29 Apr 13, 03:59PM)rampage.wd Wrote: Using {TBR}IguanaMoo as the example seem as he posted that ridiculous comment above, for the sake of attention seeking:

Screenshot here:

you clearly have no idea what just happened...

yes, the pig guy likes girls, why not?
also you fail to see where friendships are chained, soggy is friends with the pig guy, and you and fluffy are threatening their friendly chat with over abusive admin rights of banning him out of the server.

and that's what i called you and sir' fluffy 5, because theirs no difference between either of you, and the way you think.

also the battle field is in ac, dont bring it to the forums.

I was wrong about you, and the reply you made. It appears you just have 0 respect for anyone around you or anyone's server. SODA's server rules, which you Admin on clearly state you cannot use specific words, which you did use, which are known to be sexist and completely disturbing. Not to mention I got 4 complaints between yesterday and today from 1 SODA mod and 3 guests. It appears you need to take your own advice from now on and start thinking that you are the one with a childish attitude, because it's true. Stay away from our OPEN servers forever.

Also a reminder that this topic should be going back on track. This topic was originally brought up to get feedback, and possibly obtain some suggestions based on what the OPEN server guests would like to see as a rule, and not as a rule, or anything in general.

Also one update for OPEN:
A number of people felt that 20 minute bans were not enough. We increased the temp bans to 8 hours. Public users can still call a ban vote, but please don't use it on first offenders or accidental mistakes.
Thanks given by:
(01 May 13, 04:34AM)rampage.wd Wrote: Also a reminder that this topic should be going back on track. This topic was originally brought up to get feedback, and possibly obtain some suggestions based on what the OPEN server guests would like to see as a rule, and not as a rule, or anything in general.
If you don't want this thread to be derailed by your fighting with Iguana, then a) you shouldn't have brought this up as an example (even if it were merely an example, it wouldn't have ended well) and b) keep any personal qualms you and Iguana may have with each other in PM.

(01 May 13, 04:34AM)rampage.wd Wrote: Also one update for OPEN:
A number of people felt that 20 minute bans were not enough. We increased the temp bans to 8 hours.
Thaaaat's a bit of a stretch, "A bit" being a large understatement.
Thanks given by:
My apologies. I am done with Moo anyway for-good. There won't be anything more on him from me.

(01 May 13, 04:48AM)ShadowFlameZ Wrote: Thaaaat's a bit of a stretch, "A bit" being a large understatement.

I understand but unfortunately we've tried 2 hours in the past as well, and it failed. We found that 8 hours has been doing the trick so far, and those who returned from the ban, are in better shape.

We do have a system anyway where we show the user what rule(s) they broke on the server, and then proceed with warnings and/or kicks if they still don't abide by the rule(s). We will use ban as a last resort and we are also use great care when making the decision to temp-ban someone from our server.

The main reason this was put in place, was because the owner has been going inactive in and out for a while now, so until he can blacklist specific IP's that belong to cheaters, the 8 hour ban will definitely help a bit.

Also this does not mean the ban has to be 8 hours. I will use the /removebans function after 1 or 2 hours from time to time, depending on the reason that the person was banned.
Thanks given by:
Well, thanks for the servers and the work you've done!
I'll try them as soon as possible and you'll have a feedback as you wanted.

See ya.
Thanks given by: