Assault rifle tips?
Being one of the weapons with a higher recoil, should I semi auto or full auto? Also, how do I aim when strafing? My bullets seem to go everywhere (only 3/20 hit :D).
Thanks in advance..
-an_unarmed _civilian
Thanks given by:
Start aiming down. The recoil will bring it up.
Simultaneously kind of bring you mouse down a tiny bit.
Thanks given by:
It's always full auto, except on very long ranges. Then it's single shot but as fast as you can. On full auto move the mouse down to compensate for the recoil.

Also reload every time you can, even if it's only a bullet. With such a tiny magazine you will need all the lead arguments you can get.
Thanks given by:
I like to shoot in 3 round bursts or so myself. The longer you full auto, the stronger the recoil is and the more spread that is introduced. Three round bursts will get you a lower recoil and higher accuracy leaving you in better control. SVN has an auto 3 round burst controller but I suggest you learn to three round burst on your own. Simply hold your mouse for enough time to get ~ three bullets out, release, then quickly start shooting again and repeat.
Thanks given by:
Walk around with your aim pointed down, to the floor. That way you have some room to maneuver when the recoil brings it up
Thanks given by:
pull down on mouse.
aim at groin when you first hit player.
dont reload unless you have less then 10 bullets remaining.
shoot 3-5 bullets then break and do the same thing over and over unless you're point blank.
on long ranges i recommend 2 shot bursts with tiny breaks inbetween, this allows high accuracy but also enough firepower to kill the enemy.
the way i aim is i manoeuvre my player with my movement so that the enemy has a hard time hitting me but i don't have a hard time hitting them as i aim by moving my player.
Thanks given by:
(26 Apr 13, 09:08AM)Xenon Wrote: pull down on mouse.
aim at groin when you first hit player.
dont reload unless you have less then 10 bullets remaining.
shoot 3-5 bullets then break and do the same thing over and over unless you're point blank.
on long ranges i recommend 2 shot bursts with tiny breaks inbetween, this allows high accuracy but also enough firepower to kill the enemy.
the way i aim is i manoeuvre my player with my movement so that the enemy has a hard time hitting me but i don't have a hard time hitting them as i aim by moving my player.

SKILLZ
Thanks given by:
i try i try
Thanks given by:
Despite what others say, I still know full auto will get you the beat results in close range and even best results at mid range if you learn to control the recoil. Bursts at long range will just spend bullets needlesly.

If someone is shooting you on full auto you bursts will just give them more time to riddle you with bullets. Survival is dependant on many factors but killing your opponent before he kills you is a large part of it.
Thanks given by:
How do I hit a strafing target who's also spraying me (albeit very very very accurately) with an AR? I have no trouble hitting people who run straight.. (although, yes, I am new).
Thanks given by:
Practice a lot so your aim improves. It will become less of a problem later on. You might also consider trying to learning some bullet dodging techniques. The more bullets you dodge, the more time you stay alive, hence more time to kill the opponent.
Thanks given by:
play sniper
Thanks given by:
(26 Apr 13, 12:12PM)Sanzo Wrote: play sniper
Thanks given by:
buy a deathadder
Thanks given by:
To expand a bit on dodging, there are a few tricks that might help you.

For starters, never stand in one place, it makes you an easy target.

Don't walk in in straight lines, the opponent can see where you are heading and shoot you as easily as if you were standing.

If you're moving, and you should be, always move diagonally, as you mover faster that way.
Moving faster makes you harder to hit.

If you're using the AR, shooting and moving forward is slow as the AR moves you back every time you shoot. So, move backwards or strafe while shooting. Moving backwards towards a health pickup is prefered.

Stand on the edge of a corner. This will give you a good line of sight for shooting opponents as they move into your line of sight, and you're only one step away from cover. So shoot them as they come into view, and then step behind the corner. They will have a harder time hitting you as you are partly obscured by the corner in question, and will not be able to hit you at all when you move behind it.

Stand behind a big crate. This makes only your head visible, thus presenting a smaller target for the opponent to hit you. Ducking will completly hide you from view. You can shoot them with impunity if they're stupid enough to come to the open. If they shoot at you, they will have to adjust their aim after every shot, as the recoil really sucks when you need to hit a head poking behind a crate.

Approach corners from a wide angle, as you never know (except if you cheat) when a shotgunner is smilling behind one. Taking a wider angle to a corner gives you a few steps distance from a shotgunner, which makes your survival rate a bit better.

If you're on open ground, and are slugging it with someone else on open ground, dance around while you shoot, by pressing wasd randomly for short periods of time. This will make you harder to hit.

Crouching is good when peeking behind corners, or in a firefight. Don't crouch all the time, it's predictable, and slow to get around.

A backwards jump-crouch while shooting, even if it's hard to do, is probably the best way to retreat from open ground, back to the health, ammo and armor pickups. Shooting the AR while jumping makes you fly across the map at great speeds. The less time you're visible, the more time you spend not eating lead. Crouching while flying will make you a smaller target.

Ammo pickups are your friend while wielding the AR. You can never have enough ammo. Pick it up before going into battle, as you don't want to be left with only a pistol in your hands after you spend the 60 bullets you have.

If you have a sixth sense and know that an enemy might be behind a corner, start shooting before you round it. You get an early start on the bullet exchange if there's someone lurking behind the said corner. I repeat, the sooner you frag the opposition, the better. Dead enemies don't shoot back.

This sixth sense is hard to aquire, unless you practice magic, but you could press alt to see a minimap, on which you can see where your teammates are fighting. This will allow you to pinpoint some of the apposition.

If you're having trouble with the small magazine of the AR, try switching to the submachine gun.

If you really want to join a clan, switch to a sniper, and aim for headshots. The sniper is the deadlies weapon in the game, at any range. This will improve your aim considerably.

A switch to the shotgun will probably improve your dodging and suicide-charge skills.

You also might want to play a game or two of sauerbraten before AC. It is a lot faster. It will make you speed up. With that sped up up mindset, AC will become a bit slower. It's a jedi mind trick.

I hope it helps o/
Thanks given by:
never take advice from a noob
Thanks given by:
Never reply to a useless post, that doesn't answer the topic in question, and is only there to step on someone trying to help. ^_^
Thanks given by:
Learn the maps very well, and rifle sprint like crazy. I can safely say I've won a few CM's against better shooters just by abusing this OP hax.
Thanks given by:
(26 Apr 13, 01:01PM)RKTnoob Wrote: Never reply to a useless post, that doesn't answer the topic in question, and is only there to step on someone trying to help. ^_^

you just did lol

anyway, burst fire is probably the best thing you can do, except for rifle sprinting like a baws
Thanks given by:
I respectfully disagree. If you have the enemy in your sights, I say you press that mouse button and hold it down until he dies or moves away from the cross-hair. I don't see any reason why you should stop shooting and give him a break. Getting that recoil control down just needs some practice.
Thanks given by:
Firstly, make sure mouse acceleration is OFF. This will feel weird at first but it's near impossible to play well with (no idea how Harrek manages to be so good with it).

This is a nice online flash game that can help with keeping your crosshair accurately on a target if you're having troubles. About the recoil, it's just practice, but if you can aim well, controlling recoil will come quickly after.

Furthermore, you mention you hit around 3 bullets on your enemy out of one clip? This could be the lingering 1.1 "unhits" bug whereby some of your shots will go through a player and he will not take damage. I believe FD's servers still allow you to test your own unhits by firing bullets and typing "!unhits" (minus the quotation marks) in game.
Thanks given by:
If you're running on Windows, do this:

http://donewmouseaccel.blogspot.co.uk/20...n-fix.html
Thanks given by:
AssaultRifle tips? Close your eyes for a second or two, press left clic, you scored a flag.
Thanks given by:
(26 Apr 13, 06:27PM).ExodusS* Wrote: AssaultRifle tips? Close your eyes for a second or two, press left clic, you scored a flag.

Tip #1: Don't listen to .ExodusS*
Thanks given by:
play shotgun
Thanks given by:
(26 Apr 13, 03:00PM)Nightmare Wrote: I've won a few CM's against better shooters just by abusing this OP hax.

Thanks for contributing to the AssaultCube 1.1 general bad behavior, glitch abuses and unfair advantages. Things you blamed several times on this forum. :P

[Image: bwavo.jpg]
Thanks given by:
INB4

(26 Apr 13, 06:59PM)Sanzo Wrote: play carbine
Thanks given by:
The most important thing is to hit first few bullets. If u miss them ur screwed XD. Hold down the left mouse button. I think bursts (if cannot be done really really fast) are only good for shooting enemy behind crates or cover, shooting enemy that is rifle sprinting and shooting him in the back while running away from u. If ur aim cannot be controlled (it happens) make a tiny brake and start pressing left button again (have in mind rule n1, don't miss first few bullets). Also, xenon is right don't reload the gun unless u have less then 10 bullets. :)
Thanks given by:
(26 Apr 13, 10:14AM)RKTnoob Wrote: Despite what others say, I still know full auto will get you the beat results in close range and even best results at mid range if you learn to control the recoil. Bursts at long range will just spend bullets needlesly.

If someone is shooting you on full auto you bursts will just give them more time to riddle you with bullets. Survival is dependant on many factors but killing your opponent before he kills you is a large part of it.

Spray and Pray... Only n00bs do that :p

(26 Apr 13, 09:02PM)RAMPAGE Wrote: The most important thing is to hit first few bullets. If u miss them ur screwed XD. Hold down the left mouse button. I think bursts (if cannot be done really really fast) are only good for shooting enemy behind crates or cover, shooting enemy that is rifle sprinting and shooting him in the back while running away from u. If ur aim cannot be controlled (it happens) make a tiny brake and start pressing left button again (have in mind rule n1, don't miss first few bullets). Also, xenon is right don't reload the gun unless u have less then 10 bullets. :)

^^
Thanks given by:
Extra tip:
Do not rifle sprint, or you will waste bullets
Thanks given by: