Servers
Anyone can advice me an easy and cheap way to make a server?
Vps? What else? Anyone know a cheap vps or something like that to host server?
Thanks given by:
I think Jg99 has a good, cheap VPS. Ask him. It's about $15 a month (I think).
Thanks given by:
He has a laggy server. I'm looking for a eu server (germany - nl - Ita mid europe in general):)
Thanks given by:
I have a friend who runs 20-ish servers from the EU. I'll e-mail and ask him the VPS he uses.
Thanks given by:
I prefer to run a server without paying :)
Thanks given by:
He's asking about VPS, not home-hosting.
Thanks given by:
But... I said "i prefer", im not saying that he should host... whatever... "I gave my opinion"
Thanks given by:
Home Hosted!!!!!!!!!
Thanks given by:
dutch servers are usually really good. price-quality ratio is pretty good i guess
Thanks given by:
Well, i can't turn on 24/h my pc, Marti do you have any link of good nl vps providers?
Thanks given by:
Google is your friend.
These days you can easily find a VPS at 10euro/month with 1GB ram and 1TB bandwidth.

But beware, if you pay peanuts....... (bad support, etc...)
Thanks given by:
I've seen throw google al lot of vps provider, but i want know if anyone have or had experience with a vps with AssaultCube :)

PM me if u have infos ;D
Thanks given by:
For the moment I haven't got a VPS server, but some time ago I had one. I had an AC server running after 5mins...
Thanks given by:
Cool, through wich provider did u host your servers? :)
Thanks given by:
An cheap hoster in the Netherlands, which wasn't that good...
Thanks given by:
(16 Apr 13, 08:31PM)DeathCrew77 Wrote: He has a laggy server. I'm looking for a eu server (germany - nl - Ita mid europe in general):)

https://www.hosteurope.de/

I'm running my server on a Windows vServer. In fact I have four services running (TS3, AC-Server, a chat masterserver and a chat server).

You can test my AC server if you want to and then check out if the specified hoster does fit your needs: assaultcube.sytes.net (default port).

The server product package I have rented is the 'Virtual Server L'.
Thanks given by:
my upload speed and all is not really good.
but i host 9 server from my home laptop.
i host them in the netherlands.
and its working so great, awesome, laggless, and all!!!!
so iff u want a VPS just keep searching on google for the cheapest 1.
and indeed search for VPS in the netherlands, Netherlands = ANTI LAGG!!!!
:D
Thanks given by:
I live in Costa Rica, i've a +270 ping in your servers :/ anti-lag is going down
Thanks given by:
(19 Apr 13, 11:17PM)koning Wrote: and indeed search for VPS in the netherlands, Netherlands = ANTI LAGG!!!!
:D

Amsterdam is internationally a very good location for your hosting. There are many good datacenter, and it's one of the best connected places in Europe (and the world).
Also is it hosted in Western Europe, so closer to America, where a lot of players play.

But even that can't change the fact that someone from the South America or Australia will have a high(er) ping. You can't change that distance between the continents.
Thanks given by:
(20 Apr 13, 12:04AM)Skinny-Dog Wrote: I live in Costa Rica, i've a +270 ping in your servers :/ anti-lag is going down

noobie
Thanks given by:
(19 Apr 13, 05:57PM)sk0r Wrote:
(16 Apr 13, 08:31PM)DeathCrew77 Wrote: He has a laggy server. I'm looking for a eu server (germany - nl - Ita mid europe in general):)

https://www.hosteurope.de/

I'm running my server on a Windows vServer. In fact I have four services running (TS3, AC-Server, a chat masterserver and a chat server).

You can test my AC server if you want to and then check out if the specified hoster does fit your needs: assaultcube.sytes.net (default port).

The server product package I have rented is the 'Virtual Server L'.

Awesome! I want try this provider, but the website is all in German, can you help me? ;(
Thanks given by:
American servers are some of the cheapest i have seen but I pay 60 bucks every three months.
Thanks given by:
(17 Apr 13, 12:10PM)koning Wrote: Home Hosted!!!!!!!!!

this is a good idea if you have good internet and at least a dual core processor, and your computer stays on 24/7. hey! I should start a server wtf?!?!?!
Thanks given by:
(21 Apr 13, 02:46PM)Boomhauer Wrote:
(17 Apr 13, 12:10PM)koning Wrote: Home Hosted!!!!!!!!!

this is a good idea if you have good internet and at least a dual core processor, and your computer stays on 24/7. hey! I should start a server wtf?!?!?!

Or just a Raspberry Pi...
AC doesn't consume much resources.
Thanks given by:
I have no personal experience of this but from what I've heard this isn't the worst provider. It almost seems too good to be true, but...

https://clients.reversehosts.com/cart.php?gid=15
Thanks given by: