Alternative SAS Playermodel?
Hey I happened to come across this, and was wondering if anyone could give me any answers for my question.

I decided to download the model it's self, and give it a go. Swapped the tris files and well, I got the same result (Facial wise). But out of curiosity, why doesn't the ac player model have the distinctive gas-mask filter? Also, why isn't the textures used to render the filter removed from the player model texture for ac use? Your input would be appreciated.

In ac:

**EDIT**

For anyone that wants this. Download
Thanks given by:
Because the last one looks retard lol
Thanks given by:
Two different kinds of gas masks.
Thanks given by:
(15 Apr 13, 12:11PM)Andrez Wrote: Because the last one looks retard lol
What? I thought it looked cool.

(15 Apr 13, 01:09PM)Boomhauer Wrote: Two different kinds of gas masks.
That could very well be.
Thanks given by:
I guess they got rid off of the filter because it makes the model look a lot more military style, which isn't really what AC is about. I personally like the non-filter model more, too.

As a side-effect the model now has a few less polygones to deal with (tbh, I wouldn't be surprised if indeed that was the main reason).

Removing such original bits from the texture isn't necessary in first place, especially if you're not going to touch the UV map. This actually allows anyone to easily 'switch back' to the original mesh with no hassle, just like you did. ;)
Thanks given by:
(15 Apr 13, 05:18PM)Mr.Floppy Wrote: I guess they got rid off of the filter because it makes the model look a lot more military style, which isn't really what AC is about. I personally like the non-filter model more, too.

As a side-effect the model now has a few less polygones to deal with (tbh, I wouldn't be surprised if indeed that was the main reason).

Removing such original bits from the texture isn't necessary in first place, especially if you're not going to touch the UV map. This actually allows anyone to easily 'switch back' to the original mesh with no hassle, just like you did. ;)

Ah ok, thank you very much for your response. c:
Thanks given by:
(15 Apr 13, 02:01PM)D3M0NW0LF Wrote:
That could very well be.

LOL. It very well is... The U.S. Army uses one called the M40 that has the side filter. And, as you mentioned the SAS has one called the AC900, but the eye-holes are round

The ones on the default models with the front cartridge are more like the Israeli M15 with a (C2A1?) cartridge. But the cartridge is a bit small......

Honestly side filter cartridges were probably not used in AC because they look retarded.... :-P
Thanks given by:
(16 Apr 13, 10:14PM)Boomhauer Wrote:
(15 Apr 13, 02:01PM)D3M0NW0LF Wrote:
That could very well be.

LOL. It very well is... The U.S. Army uses one called the M40 that has the side filter. And, as you mentioned the SAS has one called the AC900, but the eye-holes are round

The ones on the default models with the front cartridge are more like the Israeli M15 with a (C2A1?) cartridge. But the cartridge is a bit small......

Honestly side filter cartridges were probably not used in AC because they look retarded.... :-P

Oh, well you learn something new everyday! Thank you very much. :)
Thanks given by: