List of Assault Cube Textures
Ever wanted a quick look through all the Assault Cube textures?
Well, I was looking for textures... Thats why I quickly wrote a script to put them on a web page.

You can find all textures from the official package here: http://denbeke.be/ac-textures/ (page loads all textures, which about 14MB.)

If you want to see the page filled with a texture, just click on it.
Thanks given by:
thats purty kewl
Thanks given by:
That's cool, but you should display thumbnails instead

By the way it would be cool to have 1.2 textures' list.
Thanks given by:
(14 Apr 13, 10:46AM)Luc@s Wrote: ...

Also the name of the file they are in, and the exact name?
Great job btw, must be in Helpful tutorials and tools thread.
Thanks given by:
I can add that :)
Are there so many extra textures in 1.2?
Thanks given by:
I was looking for this just a few days ago, I remember you made this long time ago....

Very well done, thanks ;)
Thanks given by:
I see it's appreciated, so I'll make it better :D
Easier to use :p
Thanks given by:
(14 Apr 13, 10:46AM)Luc@s Wrote: That's cool, but you should display thumbnails instead

I've updated the page to make it more user-friendly...

It shows now a lightbox with the texture when you click on a thumbnail :)
Thanks given by:
Really awesome job, maybe the page could be implemented somewhere in ac site/forum ;)
Thanks given by:
Although I understand and appreciate this to be a useful tool, not something adverse to AC, I would like to point out, you're actually not allowed to do this, read the license here: http://assault.cubers.net/docs/license.h...irepackage

The only way you could do this, while following the rules is either:
a) Check every single license and only upload those that specifically allow you to do so.
b) Make the webpage show images directly from SourceForge, like this: http://sourceforge.net/p/actiongame/code...format=raw

(note how it states "?format=raw" at the end of the URL (this way, it displays the raw image) and the URL specifies "HEAD" (this way, it displays the most up-to-date revision).
Thanks given by:
Nice work mathias.

Now for someone to replace the restrictively licensed content with gpl replacements.
Thanks given by:
(15 Apr 13, 06:38AM)Nightmare Wrote: Nice work mathias.

Now for someone to replace the restrictively licensed content with gpl replacements.

Thanks for volunteering. We await your new GPL'd replacements for the current textures.
Thanks given by:
I have few questions for those willing to help us mortals understand better the license. ;)
1. I can understand why the page hosted by anyone else outside the AC team is braking the license. But, if the AC team decides to place the page on the site, would it brake the license then?
2. Also, the page (as I understand it) is not made for redistribution of the content of AC. It's a help tool or plain information page for AC mappers. The fact remains that imgs could be downloaded and used for something else.
3. Can AC team consider (and demand from makers) less restrictive license for any future content?
Tnx in advance :)
Thanks given by:
1) Yes. It would break the license.
2) Regardless, the fact remains, that it distributes content already in AC, outside of it's package. As such, it must adhere to the license for each individual item, to which it isn't doing (and wouldn't be able to do for every item, to be honest).
3) Thanks for volunteering. We await your new GPL'd replacements for the current textures.
Thanks given by:
(16 Apr 13, 11:48AM)RandumKiwi Wrote: 3) Thanks for volunteering. We await your new GPL'd replacements for the current textures.

I would gladly do it, if u were really interested in me doing them. But I highly doubt that anyone wants change in texture package. Sorry if my question offended anyone, but I thought license could be less restrictive if the content was being used for helping AC players use them more efficiently or for popularizing the game which they are made for.
Thanks given by:
(16 Apr 13, 12:08PM)RAMPAGE Wrote:
(16 Apr 13, 11:48AM)RandumKiwi Wrote: 3) Thanks for volunteering. We await your new GPL'd replacements for the current textures.

I would gladly do it, if u were really interested in me doing them. But I highly doubt that anyone wants change in texture package. Sorry if my question offended anyone, but I thought license could be less restrictive if the content was being used for helping AC players use them more efficiently or for popularizing the game which they are made for.

Provide good quality imitations of any content that's currently copyrighted and I'll do it.
Thanks given by:
Nigel, I love your signature :D
Thanks given by:
I might just do few to show u it's not that hard to do, just don't see the point of it. Less restrictive license doesn't mean that we are going to stop appreciating the hard work anyone has put into this game. However, I understand that this discussion interests only few ppl (5 at most) so no need to waste more of ur time or mine.
Thanks given by:
License system is stupid, just mention the author of each contents, it's enough. It's a free game, and honestly if someone find a way to make money from maps I made... LOL
Thanks given by:
(14 Apr 13, 06:27PM)MathiasB Wrote:
(14 Apr 13, 10:46AM)Luc@s Wrote: That's cool, but you should display thumbnails instead

i meant real thumbnails, so as not to load the whole texture pack every time.
Thanks given by:
(20 Apr 13, 12:27PM)Luc@s Wrote:
(14 Apr 13, 06:27PM)MathiasB Wrote:

i meant real thumbnails, so as not to load the whole texture pack every time.

Aah, hmm, I could do that, but I want to have the whole thing dynamically...

Bandwidth isn't a big problem. Load is a bigger issue on servers...
Thanks given by:
(20 Apr 13, 01:39PM)MathiasB Wrote: Aah, hmm, I could do that, but I want to have the whole thing dynamically...

Bandwidth isn't a big problem.
Load is a bigger issue on servers...
For you maybe. But that is certainly not a good idea to download 17 MB at each page view.

Generate the thumbs only once (cache them), server load will not be changed but much bandwidth will be saved.
Thanks given by:
(15 Apr 13, 02:18AM)RandumKiwi Wrote: Although I understand and appreciate this to be a useful tool, not something adverse to AC, I would like to point out, you're actually not allowed to do this, read the license here: http://assault.cubers.net/docs/license.h...irepackage

The only way you could do this, while following the rules is either:
a) Check every single license and only upload those that specifically allow you to do so.
b) Make the webpage show images directly from SourceForge, like this: http://sourceforge.net/p/actiongame/code...format=raw

(note how it states "?format=raw" at the end of the URL (this way, it displays the raw image) and the URL specifies "HEAD" (this way, it displays the most up-to-date revision).

What if I want to create thumbnails of every map model in AssaultCube for an AC-related project of mine?
Do I need a license for this too?
In the case I require one, If I make the thumbnails will you upload them to source forge?
Thanks given by:
Is the project of replace non-free assets alive?
If someone is interested we can talk on IRC (but the next month, at the moment i'm really busy) for working on this project and help AC devs.
I have some idea (i would like to work particularly with opegameart.org).
Thanks given by: