A Game
I was thinking yesterday about an FPS game.
But more of an tactical past paced unreal FPS.
I would like small maps with obj on it.
"Playermodels" does not have to be beings, it can be 3d bars with different hitzones or something. Does not even need textures.
It can be 0 gravity and rooms you battle in, if you push space close to a wall it will kickoff from that position.
What i want in the end is a clean looking game, fast paced and the one that use obj and movement comb with best aim will win.
Give it 3-4 weapons of some sort.
I want to be able to see what type of weapon other is using and adjust the combat acording to that.
Some powerups, like a shield that can be activated that repels anything shot at me and send bullets in other direction for 2 secs or so.
A burst powerups, send 20-30 bullets from you in all direction.

Something thats really look fucked up and nothing like todays games.
Supersimple and clean with solid colors.

Just pure chaos and fun.

Is there any gameengine that will let me do this ?
Thanks given by:
sounds cool ... i would play it!
Thanks given by:
I would suggest sauerbraten. Or, of course AC. But it depends mostly on the map demands...

But, I see a flaw right in your description, or maybe I didn't understand it well enough:

So there is basically 0 gravity: Do players have ways to thrust if they are in mid air, or will the only movement come from wall-kickoffs? Because "what will you do if you float in the middle" ?

Or will momentum from the kickoffs be so much that you can bounce around like a ball ?
You'd have to be bouncing quite fast there, because a slow floating enemy that can not change direction would be an easy target.
Thanks given by:
Aw shit i lost the game :/
Thanks given by:
Lol i dont know what i mean with 0 gravity, i just had some thought to make it not the regular FPS.
0 gravity would not work, it would be to different i guess.
What im searhing for it AC with very small maps and solid colors.
Not human playermodels just some ball or whatever with different hitzones.
Need some movement and some kinda of crouch look thing to add tactics.
If its was a ball for example you could have feature like swell or get tiny for a sec.
Swell would bounce away anyone near you keeping their aim off and tiny would make you hard to kill.
Weaponchoice could just be a symbol on this ball so other know what your using and can adapt situation after that.
Weapons should be not so rapid shooting or spay sort. Something that needs good aim and go from there.
As simple as possible but still with element that needs to be learned to be skillful.
And it should be possible to become good and show skills in it.
Superfast reaction and tactic should be needed to win.

I wish i was a programmer, i would have fun creating sick stuff.

Its should work on anything cuz of its simple gfx, and when its not soldiers and stuff you play with then ppl cant say it
looks bad cuz there is nothing to compare with.
Thanks given by:
(22 Aug 10, 11:04AM)makkE Wrote: So there is basically 0 gravity: Do players have ways to thrust if they are in mid air, or will the only movement come from wall-kickoffs? Because "what will you do if you float in the middle" ?

Or will momentum from the kickoffs be so much that you can bounce around like a ball ?
You'd have to be bouncing quite fast there, because a slow floating enemy that can not change direction would be an easy target.
Is there an "Enders Game" FPS? That would be great!
On second thought, maybe not.
Thanks given by:
If you wanted to make a zero gravity fps I assume it would be a fairly futuristic game. Therefore, you could create the zero gravity environment with some form of artificial ultra dense gaseous fluid, player outfits could be -blank-phobic, where blank is the prefix describing the name of the fluid, and the only way to fall to the ground could be to straighten yourself out, or catch a ride on currents created by other players or machinery.
Thanks given by:
It would be a bit sci-fi (as in this shit does not exist) but still no lasers or such, i want the combat from todays world combined.
Small arms battles that needs skill. And just a very visible symbol showing your current "weapon"
And its fast paced, so you should be able to get into cover fast and "dodge" bullets somehow.
Maybe some magnetic world..i dont know.
Also bullets could bounce ones and travel say 10 meter then dissapear.
So if you see enemy behind cover you should be able to bounce them with into hes back or whatever if hes close enough to the wall they will bounce at.
Your imagination it way bigger then mine Mael =)
Thats some fun ideas!

What is an good gameengine that is easy to configure and free ?
I cant make this and that makes me frustrated..cuz i wanna play it.
Thanks given by:
Ok to get some insane strategic gameplay.
Make 2 rooms next to each other.
There should be a split middle and a "base" in each room.
No wall in between them.
One room goes up and the other room goes down.
They make a quick stop in max position.
In this position they can not see each other.
So you better be prepared when they shift direction and goes away to "pass" each other.
In the passing you can take cover and shot at enemy or
you can go over to the other room the 2-3 sec it take for them to pass.
At first you can jump up to it when its coming from above or you can step down into it when its on its way down.
You have obj in the room that gives you decent cover but not enough to be 100 safe.
This is small rooms.

That is really fckd up right ?
Thanks given by:
Easy way = Delete some of the physics .cpp in the AC source (Knowing which parts to delete by asking really dumb questions on forums/IRCs and such).
Hard way = Actually knowing what you are doing.
Thanks given by: