Skymap Viewer bug
This little program allows you to watch what your skymap's going to look like by simply selecting it's directory... However, as you can see on this screenshot it needs some tweaking in pos/neg xzy.

Calling anyone out there who could sort this one out and making it available for other OS would be top notch!

Download if from here

[Image: skymapviewer.jpg]
Thanks given by:
The basic problem looks like the pictures aren't in the right order. You can see the powerlines on the top are not going the same direction as the powerlines in the front picture. Not sure where the problem lies, just downloaded the file to see what it is about.
Thanks given by:
Looks like a montage, fix it bro
Thanks given by:
AC flips (mirrors?) skymap textures left-right; this program is showing them the right way round.
Thanks given by:
(24 Mar 13, 10:10AM)jamz Wrote: AC flips (mirrors?) skymap textures left-right; this program is showing them the right way round.
Sure the program works fine but I'm asking to fiddle with it to make it compatible with the way AC handles skymaps, I bet it's something very simplistic to do.

Porting it to other OS may be more complicated.
Thanks given by:
I would like to help, but I don't see a real motivation in time and effort and usefulness for to screw up the original program, if any, ac should be fixed so it not flips left-right textures, but I'm not so much of a mapper so maybe I'm not seeing the real motivation of this intended change. If you could explain it I could give it a try.
Thanks given by:
For a dumb reply that's a dumb reply.
Listen, don't bother it would hurt my tits having to thank you
Thanks given by:
(31 Mar 13, 01:42AM)DES|Cleaner Wrote: For a dumb reply that's a dumb reply.
How is my reply dumb? More dumb its to try f*ck up a program that works as intended to suit your (until now) unexplained needs. Don't knowing how to program does not make you dumb your logic does. You are welcome.
Thanks given by:
(31 Mar 13, 01:42AM)DES|Cleaner Wrote: For a dumb reply that's a dumb reply.

You seem to be getting a little over the top o.O

Something wrong with him replying?
Thanks given by:
"f*ck up a program that works as intended to suit your (until now) unexplained needs".
Wasn't that screenshot enough? AC works the way it does... so it is way simple to do some minor mods on a little program than recoding AC and rework all the skymaps we have in store on AKIMBO available for Auto-Download.
Also since you no mapper I'll explain that right now if we want to check a skymap we have to put the folder in ac dir, create or modify a map.cfg, open ac and load the map, if they are modifications to make on a skymap it is very time consuming.
With this it's open program, browse for skymap folder et voilĂ !

I wouldn't have asked for help if it was useless.
Thanks given by: