Hacienda in the Desert by MathiasB
Yes it has been a long time since I started editing, but here I present ac_hacienda - Hacienda in the Desert!

[Image: Hacienda-by-MathiasB.png]

More info, screenshots, a video and the download link on my website: Hacienda in the Desert
Thanks given by:
I like what I've seen. Nice map. :)
Thanks given by:
Nice map, you made this a while ago right?
I remember seeing this in some pub servers in CTF and TKTF.
Thanks given by:
Nice, that would be cool to have it on http://ac-akimbo.net/ :)
Thanks given by:
Played this map quite a few times :)

Looks nice imo
Thanks given by:
Yay, the finished version is finally here.
Thanks given by:
Fukken maproted.
Thanks given by:
Indeed, a solid map.
However, that download is way larger than it needs to be for a map.

Firstly, there's no reason to have screenshots in the download.

On top of this, you've included the same screenshots twice for two different OS's as though there were a difference between the two in viewing images.

On top of that, you really should have saved the images in .jpeg format in this case to have lower filesize (again, I still would never want to download that many screenshots with a map anyway)

I feel I must reiterate, the map is great, but it needs to be packaged differently :)
Thanks given by:
A MB less or more... It's the 21st century...
But maybe you're right!
Thanks given by:
(23 Mar 13, 09:27AM)MathiasB Wrote: A MB less or more... It's the 21st century...
But maybe you're right!

Well, it's less a matter of data size, but of providing clean data, which means to avoid unecessary stuff from a package. ;)
Thanks given by:
Yeah, I had to copy the .cg* files to the servermaps directory and then delete the rest. Bit of a pain.

Here's this if anyone wants:

http://demos.wakawaka.ac/hacienda.zip
Thanks given by:
Well, next time I upload something I'll make a 'clean' package.

Can someone else try to play it on 1.2, because it 'doens't mean the multiplayer requirements'. But the max area is surely under 10.000 (as the showmapstats say)
Thanks given by:
Type /showmapstats in AC 1.2, it will give you 3 numbers, you have to check all of them.
The new parameter checked is called "Height hits" or something like that.
Thanks given by:
(23 Mar 13, 10:37PM)Luc@s Wrote: The new parameter checked is called "Height hits" or something like that.

Could you elaborate on this please? I haven't tried this so apologies if the command has in-game documentation.
Thanks given by:
Maps with desert style rules! Don't stop making maps!
Thanks given by:
(23 Mar 13, 10:37PM)Luc@s Wrote: Type /showmapstats in AC 1.2, it will give you 3 numbers, you have to check all of them.
The new parameter checked is called "Height hits" or something like that.

That's what it shows:

[Image: ac_hacienda%20AC%201.2.png]
Thanks given by: