Master Server Not Replying
The assault cube 1.1.04 that I installed through the setup seems to have many problems with it, even though I never modified it. When I try to run it, it says "Master server not replying".

However, if I grab the 1.1.04 source zip and run that, then the game works for some reason.

I don't understand what's happening to my normal installed game and what the difference is between the zipped version and the installed version.
Thanks given by:
I know I'm wrong, but am hoping to jar an idea loose from within..

Is there a cubescript loop in your win-docs or nix-home folder.
Thanks given by:
You're banned.
Ban evasion is a reason blacklist you permanently.

(10 Mar 13, 09:28PM)Medusa Wrote: ...
// Name:  Al_Bundy, Lee, EXE
// Ban date: 2013-03-10
// Ban reason: speed, edit mode
// Proof: http://www.mediafire.com/?tsq433shob5mo7d
Demo, EXE connects ~4mr
Thanks given by:
* Bukz sigh

Cheaters never win Lee.
Thanks given by:
I share my internet with other people in my house who know how to code, I'm not a cheater. If you noticed, when I played the game, my name was Lee and I never used any cheats. The person playing as EXE was using cheats.

The fact that this game is open source yet people are only allowed to modify within the bounds set by people who created it while saying it's open source is pretty lame.

Give me another chance, I don't cheat. The only modification I was making to my version of assault cube was changing how the HUD looks. That's the only thing I was working on, and am going to still work it on it and then upload it to akimbo vault.
Thanks given by:
(11 Mar 13, 03:10AM)Lee Wrote: The fact that this game is open source yet people are only allowed to modify within the bounds set by people who created it while saying it's open source is pretty lame.

Woah now, I think you're jumping to conclusions there. You can modify the source code however you want, even distribute it assuming you don't violate the licenses. But if your modifications make it so you/others have an advantage over default clients in the multiplayer environment then it would be considered cheating. Thus resulting in a ban from the masterserver/various servers.

I'm not saying it was you that cheated or not, but someone on that IP address cheated, and it was banned. That is the current protocol for dealing with cheaters. It has nothing to do with what "bounds" the devs have applied to source code modding. The majority of the community sees cheating as a bad thing and want those who use them banned. Legit players like enjoying the game with other legit players.
Thanks given by:
I can make sure nobody else cheats on my IP, all I'm saying is give my IP another chance!

I'm telling you, I will make sure NOBODY from my IP cheats ever again! I might not be the best character in the game, but at least I had some integrity compared to others playing.
Thanks given by:
Jg99 Wrote:U cheat U get banned! That Simple! ™
Thanks given by:
The IP will get another chance in 3 months.
Thanks given by:
(11 Mar 13, 03:10AM)Lee Wrote: am going to still work it on it and then upload it to akimbo vault.
Don't bother, cheaters are banned from AKIMBO too!
Thanks given by:
(11 Mar 13, 09:21AM)Orynge Wrote: The IP will get another chance in 3 months.

Not if BoB can help it.
Thanks given by:
why aren't you guys being reasonable?
Thanks given by:
Thanks Cho for my cheat slogan.

I still use it!

U cheat U get banned! That Simple! ™

Yep, don't share ur internet with cheaters!
Thanks given by:
(12 Mar 13, 01:15AM)Lee Wrote: why aren't you guys being reasonable?
That's what your IP should've asked itself before it hacked the game.
Thanks given by:
that was pretty gay Wolf. I'm going to make my own mods and post them on a blog anyways.
Thanks given by:
(12 Mar 13, 06:06PM)Lee Wrote: that was pretty gay Wolf. I'm going to make my own mods and post them on a blog anyways.

You cheat, and don't wanna get banned, so you're gonna publish cheats :|
how dumb
Thanks given by:
I didn't say I was going to publish cheats. Do you see the word "cheats" in my post? I was talking about making a shiny new HUD.
Thanks given by:
(12 Mar 13, 01:15AM)Lee Wrote: why aren't you guys being reasonable?

I think I can explain everything clear enough for you in this post. ACs protection against cheaters solely relies on the players and server owners to post blacklist reports. They consist of your game name, IP, server name, time of incident, a demo etc. This is to help the devs, who maintain the masterserver, figure out whether the report is true and therefore hand out the appropriate penalty.

At no point during this procedure do the devs ask whether anybody else could have been involved. The fact is that neither you or anybody else can prove otherwise (unless you have a timestamped camera recording of the player who was cheating). Only the IP is ever considered; it's the only unique piece of information that is passed from client to host on AC, which is used to identify who you are.

We're not going to be reasonable because we have seen this time and time again. It's actually become a running joke in this community, "my brother did the cheating, not me".

We have to make an example of all the cheaters out there, regardless of whether you (OP) are innocent or not. If it's your own computer? Lock it with a password. If it's a family computer? Make the cheater feel like shit for doing it.
Thanks given by: