Third person?
[Image: 20130317185224acsunsett.jpg]

I was experimenting this. It's basicly the playermodel in the same position of any first person weapon model. It could actually work, but the problem is reloading animation, shotgun recoil animation, and so on.

Is there a way to disable these animations?
Thanks given by:
Whoah, that's realllyy cool.
Thanks given by:
This would be a nice feature to implement, just to change it up for fun at times. :)
Thanks given by:
It's fun but the pov isn't very good, like 15% of the screen is covered by the playermodel.
Btw: fov cheat!
Thanks given by:
3rd person is big in a lot of popular shooters, maybe i'd just use this for the zombie mod
Thanks given by:
(17 Mar 13, 07:56PM)Andrez Wrote: Is there a way to disable these animations?

The reload animations are hard-coded. This could and should be fixed. Adding the simple animation to the default models wouldn't be hard and would allow modders to make their own reload animations if they desired. Or, simply change the code so that it only uses the hard-coded animation if no animation frames are specified.
Thanks given by:
This POV would be real dope to use for videos, it'd add another camera view that I think would look sweet.
Thanks given by:
you don't mean "/hudgun 0" do you..
Thanks given by:
Can you upload your mapmodel ?
Normaly ,you modify the file cfg associated ...
A real third person ,you see your foot
Thanks given by:
Looks pretty refreshing. I'd honestly like to see this as an optional feature.
Thanks given by:
(18 Mar 13, 08:09AM)XFA Wrote: you don't mean "/hudgun 0" do you..
No, /hudgun 0 would make it totally invisible.

(18 Mar 13, 08:51AM)888 Wrote: Can you upload your mapmodel ?
Normaly ,you modify the file cfg associated ...
A real third person ,you see your foot
I personally consider this way better, although you're right. But the trick is also that this is a static playermodel, so hiding legs is the best and easiest thing.

[RANT]SHAME ON YOU AC, WHY DO YOU HAVE HARDCODED ANIMATIONS[/RANT]

Anyway, here's the actual file. Backup and then replace assault folder with the one in packages/models/weapons, and select the assault rifle.
http://www.mediafire.com/?98nfuiqmxmj6usx
Thanks given by:
Lantry Wrote:The reload animations are hard-coded. This could and should be fixed. Adding the simple animation to the default models wouldn't be hard and would allow modders to make their own reload animations if they desired. Or, simply change the code so that it only uses the hard-coded animation if no animation frames are specified.

Yeah, I was thinking about that the other day. Allowing things to be more animation based would make AC weapon systems a lot more "cool"
Thanks given by:
The problem is the same when you switch your weapon .
Thanks given by: