[Links] Helpful tutorials and tools
(20 Apr 13, 04:32PM)Bukz Wrote:
(20 Apr 13, 12:29PM)Andrez Wrote: This
http://denbeke.be/ac-textures/

Has he fixed the licensing issues?

Nope not yet...
Thanks given by:
Let me know when you do and I'll link it.
Thanks given by:
(30 Mar 13, 01:21AM).ExodusS* Wrote: The "mapping design guide" will be translate in French very soon, but the translation will not be 100% accurate since I've modified/added some stuffs from my mapping experiences.
Keep it as close to official text as you can and add at the end some personal appendix for extra advices/tips
Thanks given by:
(21 Apr 13, 04:03AM)Cleaner Wrote:
(30 Mar 13, 01:21AM).ExodusS* Wrote: The "mapping design guide" will be translate in French very soon, but the translation will not be 100% accurate since I've modified/added some stuffs from my mapping experiences.
Keep it as close to official text as you can and add at the end some personal appendix for extra advices/tips

My English knowledge isn't rich enough to make an accurate translation, I'm just understanding each sentences and giving the French translation of it, I give more exemples and ideas to the reader, that's all I can do with my actual level. And I'm kinda busy those times.
Thanks given by:
You know that you can count on me for french translation, if there is anything you're struggling with just get in touch with me on IRC
Thanks given by:
Can we put the new akimbo site under General?
I tried Googling it but it wasn't evident which one was the new one.
Thanks given by:
(13 May 13, 06:04PM)Felix-The-Ghost Wrote: Can we put the new akimbo site under General?
I tried Googling it but it wasn't evident which one was the new one.

The banner of the new Akimbo should not be a picture, for referencing it will help alot.
Thanks given by:
I can't tell if you're addressing me or not. Both akimbo sites I saw had a banner.

Hmm I assume the link in Cleaner's profile is it?
Doesn't have a lot of stuff...
Thanks given by:
(15 May 13, 01:41AM)Felix-The-Ghost Wrote: I can't tell if you're addressing me or not. Both akimbo sites I saw had a banner.

Hmm I assume the link in Cleaner's profile is it?
Doesn't have a lot of stuff...

Here is the new akimbo : http://ac-akimbo.net/
(the old one /redirects/ to the new so it shouldn't be a problem, also most posts of the old akimbo were edit so as to warn users to visit the new site instead, so i don't see how you can still hesitate ?)

And... Do you know how long it takes to upload and convert all archives to the new system ? Maps CFGs all had to be fixed, and the new platform was built to provide an easy-to-maintain auto download source server.
Thanks given by:
This was number one on Google, had more content, and looked cleaner* than the new design. It did not redirect and nothing on that page mentions a new site.

The new design wasn't linked in the first post, looked tacky, and had little content. It didn't even saw "THIS IS THE NEW AKIMBO!"

*lol?
Thanks given by:
(15 May 13, 06:15PM)Felix-The-Ghost Wrote: This was number one on Google, had more content, and looked cleaner* than the new design. It did not redirect and nothing on that page mentions a new site.

The new design wasn't linked in the first post, looked tacky, and had little content. It didn't even saw "THIS IS THE NEW AKIMBO!"

*lol?
the new akimbo wasn't linked here because we had actually posted a new thread in "General" some time ago when it was released..

I find the new design better. A matter of taste i guess.
And i don't think that it has "little" content :
Archives posted: 381 (110.36 MB)
Archives validated: 274 (46.97 MB)
Downloads from the forums: 3105
Single packages1 hosted: 974
Validated single packages hosted: 727
Images rehosted: 418 (48.91 MB)
Thanks given by:
(15 May 13, 07:18PM)Luc@s Wrote: And i don't think that it has "little" content :
Archives posted: 381 (110.36 MB)
Archives validated: 274 (46.97 MB)
Downloads from the forums: 3105
Single packages1 hosted: 974
Validated single packages hosted: 727
Images rehosted: 418 (48.91 MB)

I think he means relative to the old akimbo. I did notice there were much, much more weapon mods on the old akimbo than on the new one. Unless that was just all the garbage such as scripts that somehow found it's way into the wrong category on the old akimbo x)
Thanks given by:
All the content from akimbo.in hasn't been fully transferred over to new Akimbo yet. There's still plenty to finish.

Strange thing is, I noticed packages disappearing from old Akimbo. Not sure what's going on but Cleaner has it all backed up anyway.
Thanks given by:
(15 May 13, 08:57PM)Aekom Wrote: Strange thing is, I noticed packages disappearing from old Akimbo. Not sure what's going on but Cleaner has it all backed up anyway.

Australian condoms and Louis Vuitton mapmodels, they are disappearing!
Thanks given by:
lol, aside from the spam threads.
Thanks given by:
Felix, the link you mentioned is The Vault, merely a storage place where people were redirected from the old AKIMBO to upload material, unfortunately loads of people started uploading there not even passing through the forum and many items went unnoticed...
At the end of the day The Vault may be full of material but a lot of it never got checked and is either crap, badly packaged, incorrect files aso...
btw The Vault is bound to be taken off line any time soon.

At least using the new AKIMBO forum people can comment and rate stuff and staff is double checking every entries to make sure everything is fine.
Thanks given by:
(15 May 13, 07:18PM)Luc@s Wrote: the new akimbo wasn't linked here because we had actually posted a new thread in "General" some time ago when it was released..

Sticky it somewhere or put it in the first post here (I would personally make a stickied thread in this subforum) When I was mentioning General I was talking about the section in that post, not the General subforum. I assumed the archive service for mappers/modders would exist in this subforum (Mapping/Modding) If I had trouble finding it, others probably would too.
Thanks given by:
Automatically updated here's a complete list including previews of every single custom skymaps available on AKIMBO.

Also automatically updated here's a complete list including previews of every single custom textures available on AKIMBO.
Thanks given by:
Lucas is beast :D
Thanks given by:
Would be cool if when you hover over the previews the tooltip shows the name of the texture.
Thanks given by:
sure, will take a few seconds to do
Thanks given by:
Have you tested this on chrome? Switching those tab things don't work for me.
Thanks given by:
(03 Aug 13, 02:47AM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: Have you tested this on chrome? Switching those tab things don't work for me.

i just tested, it works fine. (with javascript enabled ofc)
it's using prototype, i guess it should work anyway ?
Thanks given by:
Because the forums still use the auto-thread-close after 90 days without posts plugin, I have to bump this to keep it from reclosing.
Thanks given by:
Where is the old Akimbo?
Thanks given by:
it's gone.
there is a new one. use it.
Thanks given by:
Could someone update the link for my mapping client?
This is the new one but the first post links to the old one.
Thanks given by:
(13 Aug 14, 11:19PM)Felix-The-Ghost Wrote: Could someone update the link for my mapping client?
This is the new one but the first post links to the old one.

Done
Thanks given by: