Troll Employer
>> potential employer responds to my cover letter and sends me an electronic application

>> application has mandatory credit check to test for company credit card eligibility

>> third party credit check is "free" but has a 1$ processing fee

>> hilariously I can't afford this and my bank charges a 17$ overdraft protection fee

>> credit check says I don't have enough credit history to make a report

>> turns out this "free" credit check enrolls you in a ~30$/mo. service which I haven't used, but was charged the fee

>> another 17$ overdraft protection fee

>> employer never contacted me again

>> you mad bro
Thanks given by:
That's a master troll, and you've been elegantly trolled sir!
Thanks given by:
> application has mandatory credit check to test for company credit card eligibility

And how did this not raise you any red flags?
Thanks given by:
Man, if I worked at the bank, I'd feel bad for you, bro... my bank doesn't charge unarranged OD fees for anything less than $20 (though interest is still charged).
Thanks given by:
(12 Mar 13, 07:24PM)SKB Wrote: > application has mandatory credit check to test for company credit card eligibility

And how did this not raise you any red flags?

lrn 2 read

I wasn't scammed. The employer has no idea he caused me so much grief indirectly. It was a third party check that only cost so much because I overdrafted twice in the process. The second was because I failed to observe that I was conveniently registered with the program for ~30$/mo. that could've been cancelled without fee if it was more explicitly announced. It is a legitimate service, but not one I can fully utilize right now.
Thanks given by:
is this 4chan
Thanks given by:
>read original post intently
>sympathize (apparently this isn't a word) w/ OP, sucks to be that guy
(Though not so much the pretentious nature found in these words:
(13 Mar 13, 01:43AM)Felix-The-Ghost Wrote: lrn 2 read
which i guess is characteristic of visitors of certain dregs of the internet)
>see a random comment
(13 Mar 13, 02:17AM)Cemer Wrote: is this 4chan
>realization hits me in the face
>welcome to 4chan
Thanks given by:
(13 Mar 13, 02:45AM)ShadowFlameZ Wrote: >sympahthize (apparently this isn't a word) w/ OP, sucks to be that guy

No, but sympathize is a word. Probably the one you were looking for.

And my post was merely refuting what I interpreted as condescending. The details were all there for someone to not come the the conclusion he did.

I realize now though that I probably misinterpreted that he was joking, but there wasn't a smiley or anything. I don't type like that unless I feel someone is out of line (even if I am wrong for thinking so)
Thanks given by:
>what about language barrier ? ;)

Thanks given by:
Dat troll
Thanks given by: