Education, a right
Sorry for the second post about this topic, but this is the last time I'll be doing this.

I've been trying to think of 2 "logical" reasons why education is a right. I've been having trouble since in my opinion most answers would be related to morals and values and not actually facts and logic. One point I've thought of is Article #26 in the UN's Declaration of HR("Everyone has the right to education.") but I'd kill for 1-2 strong points as to why education is a right.

Any help helps, thanks.
Thanks given by:
It will be really tough to try and persuade people that education is a right without bringing morals into your arguments.

But you could use the fact that there are so many people with "proper" morals that believe in equality and such, that education is viewed as a right by society in a non-literal sense of the word.

Education is more of a privilege or a gift than a "legal" right.
Thanks given by:
Wolf, the only way I can think of tackling this paper of yours is if you take a more historical approach to it. You need to understand first, when and why such an idea got its momentum. There is no scientific or logical explanation of why there is such a right, only social, historical and cultural ones. Looking to the Declaration of Human Rights is a good start thou, there is one very good book by a famous American historian that comes to mind: Lynn Hunt's "Inventing Human Rights: A History". Read it and I'm sure you will have plenty of good ideas to go about. Any decent library will have it and If your Portuguese reading skills are any good I have a pdf copy of it that I would be more than happy to share. You know where to find me. GL, hf!
Thanks given by:
it is people around you who prefer you are educated, you have limited space of freedom in it but you believe it is your choice, it is determinism vs chaos question, if you make your own decision, you think, you help the theory of chaos, but then you realize your decision have consequences and you are back at determinism, there are models which can be applied on each level of abstraction but these models are driven by probability, this is just mysterious cycle ...
Thanks given by:
Wolf, you should ask 1Cap, he knows this stuff
Thanks given by: