AC Interview: kingCHUBBY
1) What is your favorite official map, and favorite custom map? Why?

des 3 because it is a great map.

2) Outside of CTF, what is your favorite mode in AC and why?

LSS douze because when you play against very good players, it requires a lot more skill than most people think (i.e predicting their movements based on previous movements etc)

3) Who are the best players in AC? Did or do you have a favourite player you admire because of his skills?

Undead, Undead and definitely Undead

IMO, there are 2 important types of players. Halfbacks and Forwards

Notable Halfbacks include: Undead, Harrek, Waffles, Jorik, acid.. etc list goes on..
Notable Forwards include: Xenon, Vermi, COGU, Panicow, Horus, Bull3t, Fate, Biscuit, Vanquish, Xemi, Sepehr, Hera, ech0, redbull, fearles.. list goes on..

some players can be both halfbacks and forwards depending on what is required of them in a game (and who else is on their team)

4) In competitive play, 2v2 or 3v3 CTF are most played. Which one do you like most, and why?

3v3s of course, although I do enjoy competitive 2v2s

5) What do you think of Assault Cube as a competitive game, like what it does well, what it doesn't? And how do you think it stands against other competitive, free multiplayer first person shooters?

I personally don't think it stands a chance against other competitive fps games, but i don't play them.

6) What features would you like to see added to Assault Cube?

Half-time side switching, competitive balance, unicode characters, better matchmaking and ranking, much reviewed and rotated map selection, zero-damage sniper. (And relax, the zero-damage sniper was a joke, ExodusS. Or was it?)

7) Which three clans do you like the best, not counting a clan you've been in before, and why?

w00p is incredibly consistent.
LC/rC/MyS

8) Are you a sports person? If so, which one/s do you practice and which ones do you like to watching on TV?

Yes, I love sports. eSports is a sport aye. i also like cricket and rugby league

9) Do you have any pets in your house? If so, what kind of animal and what is it's name?

Nope

10) Can you name a few of your favorite bands/music artists, songs or albums?

EDM music

11) What Operating System(s) do you use and why?

XTC

12) You've had success by organising tournaments such as the ACWC. However, the weekend cups don't take place currently. Maybe you could win some players over to help you out to make awesome tournaments like this a success in the long run. Or do you have other plans?

N/A

13) You've consistently asked to lower spread for automatic weapons, making all spread centered instead of uniformly distributed (concept of range). Nonetheless, there are players against this, they bring forward the argument that it would lower skill to master the weapons thus changing AC completely. What would your reply look like?

N/A

14) I like the current score system because it rewards aggressive gameplay + teamwork. However, you can't really tell why your score is what it is. Should it be simplified? There are many players who just want ratio back to the scoreboard.

I think scoreboard should display [damage inflicted] instead of Score

15) There's little activity in the competitive side of AC. Do you think one of the reasons could be that most players have no clue what's going on in the development of the game and think it's stagnating cause there hasn't been a release for a long time? Would it be better to have regular releases even if there might not be drastic changes?

I think because I left, nobody wants to play anymore.

16) After last years unfortunate performance in ACWC - How strong is UK going to be this year? And who's chosen to represent England - Vanquish, Jason, Optic & you?

I don't plan on playing ACWC 2013 but hopefully Undead, Vermi, Xenon, Bull3t, Castiel, Biscuit, Swellguy, Orynge will take out the title..fair dinkum

17) Could an AC competitive mod be successful? Regarding the little activity in the competitive scene nowadays clan players might be glad already to find opponents for a cm...

YES

18) Hypothetically: Let's assume you were a dev - what could you help to improve on and around the game?

I'd ban all people complaining of lag.
Thanks given by:
gj great inteveiw kchub
Thanks given by:
Excellent interview chubs
Thanks given by:
kchub for president
Thanks given by:
i miss u
Thanks given by:
was the third question really necessary? everyone already knows i dominate this shit game.
Thanks given by:
can confirm was a sik interview
Thanks given by:
(03 Mar 13, 10:49AM)Vermi Wrote: i miss u
Thanks given by:
Aussie love in this piece. oNe ftw.

Clearly a steal of larry's questions though lol
Thanks given by:
(03 Mar 13, 11:38AM)Undead Wrote: was the third question really necessary? everyone already knows i dominate this shit game.

Get some Gold already.
Thanks given by:
Aight & kchub reunion.
Thanks given by:
Hehe Chubz. Let's meet on TS sometime for ol times' sake :)
Thanks given by:
couldnt have been better
Thanks given by:
[Image: OU7ZDtv.gif]
Thanks given by:
[Image: Sporty-Kangaroo.gif]

y u no make an own question instead of question 12/13

(and others)
Thanks given by:
Best one so far
Thanks given by:
[Image: tumblr_mh04f07meS1s2movfo1_400.gif]