Master Server replies, but nothing will connect
I tried allowing "ac_client.exe" through firewall, I tried turning off the firewall, then I tried restarting and reinstalling. It was fine using a 4g hotspot 5 hours before, I don't have access to that hotspot anymore.
Anything that could be preventing server connections besides the firewall?
Thanks given by:
Antivirus program?
Thanks given by:
nop tried that
Thanks given by:
why does Sonic the Hedgehog have such a bad reputation in ac
Thanks given by:
(05 Mar 13, 09:42PM)Cemer Wrote: why does Sonic the Hedgehog have such a bad reputation in ac
This is not the thread for that.
Keep it on topic!
Thanks given by:
no worries.
It seems to have fixed itself! :)
I just plugged in a different router/switchboard to the same modem, then restarted comp. Seems to have been a hardware thing?

yes worries. That worked for a total of 3 minutes and it's the same problem again. Masterserver only shows about 1/4 of the total it should, and nothing allows connect.
I usually see only 1 or 2 active servers, when I know there should be more.
Thanks given by:
(06 Mar 13, 01:02AM)Sonic Wrote: I usually see only 1 or 2 active servers, when I know there should be more.
This doesn't make any sense. Or, by 'active' do you mean 'with players in'?
Usually, the only reason you'd see less than the full list of servers is because the MS had just restarted, and not all servers had yet re-registered; the MS hasn't been restarted since 20 Feb. Can you provide a screenshot of what you're seeing?
Thanks given by:
Can you also type /version in-game and give us the output ?
Thanks given by:
[Image: 20130306_18_56_01_ac_sunset_TDM.jpg]

Notice that "waiting for server response" is what I see for the vast majority, this list are the only servers getting through. When I try to connect,

[Image: 20130306_18_56_36_ac_sunset_TDM.jpg]

it says "attempting to connect" four times and then "could not connect to server" when I try to join any of the few that show up.

It's version 1104, i've uninstalled and reinstalled. I'm looking at my router settings but everything seems to be in order there.
Thanks given by:
maybe you are using a version without douze, gemas and crap maps? Looks successful !
Thanks given by:
that doesn't matter because nothing will connect... nothing. It has something to do with my home internet. Everything works fine at a friend's house or at starbucks.. (starbucks lags a whole lot)
Thanks given by:
Have you tried turning off your firewall or restarting your modem?
Thanks given by:
You were not supposed to reply to Edward @ Sonic, he just wants to use your thread as ammunition against the devs because hes a troll.
Thanks given by:
Wolf, yes and yes..
Thanks given by:
With the pictures of the screen is making sense now.
Try to connect with acwc client. :)
Thanks given by:
downloaded the acwc client, but when I try to run it I get "this program can't start because libvorbisfile.dll is missing from your computer, try re-installing and trying again"

(I also tried running it in XP compatibility settings)
Thanks given by:
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Delete the game folders.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Reinstall the game.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Do not use the ACWC client.
1) Send your ip by PM to Jamz and ask him to check.
2) 28760, 28 63 and 28764
3) 28763 and 28764th (UDP)
In addition to releasing the router, you must create a rule in the operating system.
See Google for your OS.

Uses wireless network or cable?
Thanks given by:
i released those router ports, protocol=both, created a rule in the firewall, for ac_client and ac_server and ports, for ingoing and outgoing, still no worky.
I use wireless.
Thanks given by:
Tried a fresh new install?
Thanks given by:
yup... couple times. It's definitely something directly with the internet connection. might be helpful to know that the connection goes "limited" (no internet) once in a while, and does so every time it is reset, for about an hour.
Thanks given by:
I believe there is a bigger problem with wireless connections. That was my experience.
Removed and reinstalled the folders? Removed the folders? Removed? Deleted? And reinstalled? After that try to put a network cable to test.
Do the following procedure without the internet be active:
1) Delete the game folders.
2) Reboot the computer.
3) Reinstall the game.
4) Conect the computer into the router / modem using a network cable.
5) After that enter the game and test. (do not modify the shortcut for compatibility with XP, 2000 server etc..).

If this works you can take out the cable and connect the wireless without leaving the game. Must operate. If not report here.
Thanks given by:
(07 Mar 13, 12:46AM)#M|A#Wolf Wrote: Have you tried turning off your firewall or restarting your modem?

(07 Mar 13, 07:47AM)#M|A#Wolf Wrote: Tried a fresh new install?
Read his first post ;)
Thanks given by:
(07 Mar 13, 01:01AM)Sonic Wrote: Wolf, yes and yes..
Thanks given by:
(07 Mar 13, 07:20PM)1Cap Wrote:
(07 Mar 13, 01:01AM)Sonic Wrote: Wolf, yes and yes..
O'rly ?
... I know, but Wolf keeps asking already-answered questions.
/back on topic
Thanks given by:
(07 Mar 13, 08:21AM)1Cap Wrote: I believe there is a bigger problem with wireless connections. That was my experience.
Removed and reinstalled the folders? Removed the folders? Removed? Deleted? And reinstalled? After that try to put a network cable to test.
Do the following procedure without the internet be active:
1) Delete the game folders.
2) Reboot the computer.
3) Reinstall the game.
4) Conect the computer into the router / modem using a network cable.
5) After that enter the game and test. (do not modify the shortcut for compatibility with XP, 2000 server etc..).

If this works you can take out the cable and connect the wireless without leaving the game. Must operate. If not report here.

tried all of this, still nothing. It has something to do with the modem or router... port forwarding was a fail too.
Thanks given by:
Jamz what he said?
Even with the cable the same thing happens?
humm ..
can You test your router with another PC?
Install the game Urban Terror. Try playing online.
I'll think of more things ...
Thanks given by:
1Cap, I can only block connections to the master server. If a player has the server list, but can't connect to any of the servers, it's a problem with his/her network or ISP.

This isn't the first time this problem has come up:
http://forum.cubers.net/thread-5684.html
http://forum.cubers.net/thread-5506.html
http://forum.cubers.net/thread-2936.html
Thanks given by:
Ty Jamz.
I had a similar problem a few months ago when I installed ACRWC client.
I had to remove the folders and reinstall the game.
I had some ideas ..
1) If you have knowledge try resetting the router for initial configuration (factory).
2) Try creating another user on the OS and install the game for this new user.
3) install the trial version 1.2 of the game and try to connect.

Return more iformações.
Thanks given by:
1. check R/W rights of cfg file (serverlist.cfg), default cfg means old one from some dev :)
2. try /ping command with DNS name and then with IP name, if dns one failed
win: ipconfig /flushdns
mac: lookupd -flushcache
linux:/etc/rc.d/init.d/nscd restart
if it doesnt help add line to file C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts
199.83.100.21 assault.cubers.net (or real address of MS)

server list is built by IP adresses, so it should be all ...
Thanks given by:
(reset router) tried several routers, it is surely the xfinity modem settings, but technicians for comcast don't know anything.

alien, 199.83.100.21 assault.cubers.net (or real address of MS)? is there another IP?

1. and 2. in your post go over my head, what to do with R/W rights if i find it? which DNS name or IP name, mine? how ping? sorry for my noobness.
Thanks given by: