about script damage
I heard that some players use the script damage in LSS, i think it gives an unfair advantage, is it legal?
Thanks given by:
It's legal and widely available, I believe one was even posted on the forum a while ago (correct me if I'm wrong?)

Many others use them, and I used to play with a few activated too, and nobody really said anything to me about how "unfair" it might have been. You might make a rule in your tournament that disallows the use of such scripts, although since some scripts display damage to just the player who has it activated then there's no real way of tracking who uses it or not, unless you ask them. Tbh it isn't that much of an advantage, on my old computer I used four scripts to tell me damage, bullets, nade damage, etc, everything, and I never bothered to reinstall them when I got my new PC. People who use them and think they're amazingly useful are just kidding themselves.
Thanks given by:
Well mate, if this script can not be tracked i can't make a rule that can be respected.
..this script really sucks!
I hope SOMEONE will ban it...
Thanks given by:
It's really only useful for training purposes, as you try to learn just how much each weapon can damage your opponent. But then again, you've got the ac-wiki to tell you that...

But quite honestly, I don't see a real 'disadvantage' with the damage script. Besides, anyone who knows the game well already would be able to do the same calculations in their own head.
Thanks given by:
This forbidden to no "change the game play." This says nothing. It's a way to make things confusing. Who decides if the game play has changed? King? For this script and other things that I remain without wanting to belong to a clan.
Well, I heard that this will be "controlled" in the next version.
-Again, the leader of the clan must be responsible. If a player uses unusual features to play, he should be warned and then returning to use, removed from the clan. The clan accept that cheating should be strongly advised, if repeat cheater, kicked from the game. And their leader totally exposed. The name is more important than an IP.
Edited: aff...
Thanks given by:
(27 Feb 13, 06:55PM)D3M0NW0LF Wrote: But quite honestly, I don't see a real 'disadvantage' with the damage script. Besides, anyone who knows the game well already would be able to do the same calculations in their own head.

You don't see a real 'disadvantage'? Blind man.
Well, in LSS if you know your opponent life you know when you can slash him instead of a normal 1 frag gib, if you know he has low hp you can easily playing from distance waiting to hit him, also in LSS you don't know how much damage a nade does, calculating nades damage is a skill too, in my opinion this script isn't genuine for a normal gameplay.

@1Cap
Luckily we -KUT- players are newbs in script and so on, i'm not the leader but i can wrtie that: we are all genuine players. I was talking about tournament rules, well, in the second round i'll add something about that noob script
Thanks given by:
(27 Feb 13, 07:46PM)DeathCrew77 Wrote:
(27 Feb 13, 06:55PM)D3M0NW0LF Wrote:

You don't see a real 'disadvantage'? Blind man.
a skill too, in my opinion this script isn't genuine for a normal gameplay.

I share this opinion
Thanks given by:
lol i suggest you that create your threads in the correct section of the forum, i never saw a guy with a clan tag "script" lol i guess that the thread need to be in help or mapping/modding , well idk about that topic of damage script
Thanks given by:
It's relevant.

Using output for damage to teammates is the only time ive seen this script actually be effective. If you're worried about it in lss to know when to knife the. You must not be playing against decent opponents.

Players are able to tell how much damage they've done. Nades are more guesswork obviously, but it shouldnt affect gameplay at all.
Thanks given by:
(27 Feb 13, 10:19PM)#DrP|DarKnight Wrote: lol i suggest you that create your threads in the correct section of the forum, i never saw a guy with a clan tag "script" lol i guess that the thread need to be in help or mapping/modding , well idk about that topic of damage script

I posted it on mapping modding, dude, but it was moved.
Thanks given by:
well... I guess that it need to be moved in the correct place, scripts aren't a topic for clan and wars...
Thanks given by:
(27 Feb 13, 10:23PM)Waffles Wrote: You must not be playing against decent opponents.

I'm not understanding :/
Thanks given by:
(27 Feb 13, 07:46PM)DeathCrew77 Wrote: Well, in LSS if you know your opponent life you know when you can slash him instead of a normal 1 frag gib, if you know he has low hp you can easily playing from distance waiting to hit him

You don't knife because your opponent's health is low you knife because you are within range. If you are close enough to knife why are you using grenades to begin with? You're likely to kill yourself. It has nothing to do with your opponent's health.

Prohibiting this script is pointless anyway. Even if the script is prohibited all a user has to do is bind a key to echo their own pstats(?) and look for a number. Even better just grab the number and bind a key to say "KNIFE" or "GRENADE". We're not going to begin saying how often a player may execute CS.

Additionally it's only "practical"(in quotes because it serves no purpose) to use against a single opponent. If there is more than one target you would need to know how much damage has been dealt to each.

There's no means to detect infractions or enforce the rule so what's the point? Prohibiting this script is a non-solution to a non-issue. Let the players use the scripts they want. The gameplay has not been modified.
Thanks given by:
The normal installation of the game does not bring these scripts.
There is no control over the scripts. This was just one example of scripts, there are many others. If this script is not standard, yes, it is a change from "game play". The fact of not being able to solve that does not explain accept as normal.
Clans use several scripts, yes. the Dev's and Mod's and some players know it. After a long time, a lot of research and a lot of observation, I know too! And that brings benefit to those who use, yes! And if the advantage is not set standard, it is changing the "game play" yes!
I know they are trying to minimize this, but for now, yes, scripts are a change the pattern of the game ... But if they came with patches (updates to all players) .... would be different.
Thanks given by:
(28 Feb 13, 12:33AM)1Cap Wrote: The normal installation of the game does not bring these scripts.
There is no control over the scripts. This was just one example of scripts, there are many others. If this script is not standard, yes, it is a change from "game play". The fact of not being able to solve that does not explain accept as normal.
Clans use several scripts, yes. the Dev's and Mod's and some players know it. After a long time, a lot of research and a lot of observation, I know too! And that brings benefit to those who use, yes! And if the advantage is not set standard, it is changing the "game play" yes!
I know they are trying to minimize this, but for now, yes, scripts are a change the pattern of the game ... But if they came with patches (updates to all players) .... would be different.
Scripts are changing gameplay? For god's sakes, the only thing thing stopping a new player from use scripts is having a quick look in the scripts thread from this forum, look at the docs for commands, or even make a quick google search. Players that don't take advantage of CS (which every single client includes) are foolish. It's stupid to decide to not use what is at your fingertips and blame everyone else for taking advantage of what the game provides legitimately.
Thanks given by:
also, and i know many who have had this same experience, you are but to ask players who know what they are doing for scripts you'd like to see. Often these scripts are made public and people can make use of them. The damage script specifically does not modify gameplay, it only provides information. The same information that can be provided by using your brain.
Thanks given by:
Who decides which script is valid? Who decides if it is script or cheater? A script can be confused with a new cheater. I know this is a sore point, especially for the users of those extra features. Not just the preucupação with cheaters? Now we have to worry about the "makers" of scripts? There is no limit.
_ While the information is restricted to the forum, in English, there is a gap between forum users and players of AC. Players of AC not necessarily use the forum.
scrits why not use?
> Changes the standard of the game.
> Not all players know how or know about.
> Creates ridiculous situations. eg jump
> The idea of the game is not a competition about the best script.

<> The human brain is preemptive multitasking (staggered), we do not process things in parallel ... Make the account of damage to the opponent is more complicated than see the result, done on screen. Obviously.
Who uses this script has an advantage over those who do not use. Who uses have more reaction time during the game. Who uses can focus on other things .... Who uses finds out the damage of the grenade ... do not try to argue against this, is a lost discussion .
Have an advantage over the opponent using a no-native features of the game is the same thing as changing the game play!
if scripts were officially provided, it might be different. -
try playing against an opponent who knows our life, ever, and accurately, jumps more than a gazelle, return automatic sniper to pistol, shoots fast whit pistol and always at the same speed, shoots nades quickly, among other things ... does not change the game play? me a while
Thanks given by:
the jump script is an exploit of a bug.

the sniper fast change script was also an exploit that was intentionally removed.

the damage script utilizes an intended feature of the game, p_stat. it is the delineation of intention vs glitch/bug that is the dividing line. and i have played against players using this, and it does not make a huge difference but coordinate teamwork. flawless play is still impossible to achieve, regardless of what methods you use. instead of bitching about something that is intended, utilize it, and enjoy that it exists.

the only point of yours that even makes a little bit of sense is seeing it implemented officially. maybe a "useful scripts folder." but i doubt this will happen due to increased size. i'm hearing a lot of "can't" from you one-cap. for someone who claims to see truth, there is an awful lot of pessimism. try a more measured approach with well laid arguments, and then there is more chance.

if it makes you feel better, most devs (afaik) do not like the script either. but removing a key part of cubescript (p_stat) would set the game back rather than forward. ask bukz about it.
Thanks given by:
In addition, there is a script of "Grenade timer" or "Nade timer", i can explain it, why? Cuz i have it and i dont use it anymore... Ok, this script is a kinda useful, crazy, amazing... whatever... this script show a timer in ur screen thar depends if you throw a quick nade or a normal nade... to put it in another way, quick nade is when you press right click and the nade explode in 2.80 or 3 seconds and you dont hold the nade, a normal nade is when you press left click and the nade explode in 2.30 aproximatly... And you hold the nade... The nade timer show in ur screen a time of 2.30 to 0, it only work when you hold the nade and press left click, when the timer finish and a 0.0 appear in your screen the nade explode... Is a useful script, credits to V-Man, the creator, but i guess that isnt bad playing with some useful scripts that give you information, i think that some scripts need to be tested by devs/admins or mods in AC, so they can say if the script is good or bad.... To conclud, scripts depends if they are mods, to give info... Bla bla bla... scripts arent ilegal, people have the cappacity of learing about Cube-scripting and show their skills helping people. In my opinion, scripts arent bad depends if the person use them correctly.

Let me ask you something: ¿how did you know about that script? ¿Why you teamkill me in a game?

I agree to 1Cap and Waffles
Thanks given by:
I'll never be for this script, but do we need to long speeches about why you think it's fair?, #vanilla #acskillcalibrehasloweredin1.1
Thanks given by:
1Cap are you on a crusade against all kinds of 'injustices' ??
Thanks given by:
Quote:Scripts are changing gameplay? For god's sakes, the only thing thing stopping a new player from use scripts is having a quick look in the scripts thread from this forum, look at the docs for commands, or even make a quick google search. Players that don't take advantage of CS (which every single client includes) are foolish. It's stupid to decide to not use what is at your fingertips and blame everyone else for taking advantage of what the game provides legitimately.

+ 1 .

@DrP|DarKnight
I make a timer for grenade just in modified the sound grenade_pull.ogg ...
We should prohibit the sound on assault cube .it s unfair advantage (lol >1caps)
Thanks given by:
Well I can partially understand all of you, and im not about to write a poem about this script; well guys i often play lss, probably 99% of times i play lss and Imrealizing that only lss noobs still use this script. They can't understand how unfair it is. Then i'll not have problems to own them.
This thread can be closed, c u in game mates :)
Thanks given by:
(28 Feb 13, 10:01AM)888 Wrote:
Quote:Scripts are changing gameplay? For god's sakes, the only thing thing stopping a new player from use scripts is having a quick look in the scripts thread from this forum, look at the docs for commands, or even make a quick google search. Players that don't take advantage of CS (which every single client includes) are foolish. It's stupid to decide to not use what is at your fingertips and blame everyone else for taking advantage of what the game provides legitimately.

+ 1 .

Yup, I agree with this. Knowledge is power and if you're not bothered to utilise the advantages that are publically available on this forum or elsewhere, that's on you.
Thanks given by:
but where do we draw the line?

Oh hai hur dur dis iz my new script it uses /altrollofffactor to draw a players position then it places a marker on the radar from where the footsounds are coming from, but IT'S A PART OF THE GAME HURR DURR FUCK YOU, AND AR SHOULD BE OSOK
Thanks given by:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think I remember Bukz saying that anything done through cubescript is considered to be legit.

It's hard to judge where to draw the line, which is why I think the only solution is to allow everything that's scripted using cubescript. It's just up to the devs to make revisions to the language, and/or restrict scripts that they feel are detrimental to the gameplay.
Thanks given by:
(28 Feb 13, 01:16PM)Aekom Wrote: Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think I remember Bukz saying that anything done through cubescript is considered to be legit.

It's hard to judge where to draw the line, which is why I think the only solution is to allow everything that's scripted using cubescript. It's just up to the devs to make revisions to the language, and/or restrict scripts that they feel are detrimental to the gameplay.

Aekom is spot on really. Scripts can be considered exploits if their functionality was unintentional, but can't be considered cheating. That said, in most respectable cups and leagues exploits are elevated to be illegal.

In this case it's clear that players were intended to have full access to weapon damages of each player. Therefore I don't think this class of scripts are exploits.
Thanks given by:
Do not change the "game play"? Let me put another aspect.
Changing the sound of the game is a modification, use fluorecentes skins is a modification, use black sky is a modification, change the texture is a modification. automate sniper + pistol is a modification, viewed? Using script there are no limits to the imagination. :)
I understand that you can not control these changes. But this is a change from the standard game. MOD.
* Please do not compare CS with AC,,, please!
Another thing. Knowledge of the changes in the game are part of the lives of several clans. These same clans only accept advanced players. Knowledge about these changes in the game are restricted to the same players. Most often. New players, at some time, realize that there is something wrong. But they do not understand what your opponent is using script. Therefore think, is a cheater. This is disheartening. Terrible for the game. I talk about it for years. I do not know what the intention of the creators of the game. If the intention is to popularize the game, they are on the wrong track. The difference between new players and clan players, is huge. I speak not of skill. The various scripts used creates a huge advantage. Again, it is discouraging to new players.
However, if the objective of the game is to belong to a caste. A small group of developers. Like a hobby. Where has the information that devastate those who do not have this information. Well, that's what it feels.
Who judges whether fluorecente skin is allowed?
I do not understand why developers do not take sides in several respects. The message of what is allowed or not should be clear and prominent. Leave that stuff in the air is unwise.
"I heard that some players use the script in damage LSS, i think it gives an unfair advantage, is it legal?" See: ... i think it gives an unfair advantage
Thanks given by:
(28 Feb 13, 12:52PM)Vermi Wrote: Oh hai hur dur dis iz my new script it uses /altrollofffactor to draw a players position then it places a marker on the radar from where the footsounds are coming from

I can't imagine al_rollofffactor will pick up footsteps. There would be no legitimate purpose. I'm sure it's intended for use by mappers and will only pick up sound entities. Picking up footsteps would be an enormous misstep.

Also, what you are describing is impossible:

Quote:al_rollofffactor V
This value indicates the relative "strength" of a sound (how far away the sound can be heard.

al_referencedistance returns the distance to the sound but not the direction. It is impossible to place a marker based on distance alone.
Thanks given by:
Yes, those mentioned are modifications. Automatic sniper + pistol at this point are altered source. Those are two very different things. You shouldn't lump intended, allowed, player modifications that don't require source editing, with cheating. It is a cheap tactic to try and prove your point. Bright skins aren't even an advantage anymore (1.1) with the way the game renders graphics.

All of this information is available to people. The game did not develop in a vacuum, and neither should your concept of right and wrong.
Thanks given by: