Match map list mod + Mappack
le summary.
  • Dev Team is split on if they want this feature or not.
  • Hence no confirmation that it WILL be added to 1.2.0.0 if no major bugs are there.
  • Hence no patch sending by Larry.

Bullet #1 needs to get taken care of first. Devchat on irc, ta da done. Takes a few mins. :p
If I had the skills, I wouldn't want to work on something that is only said to be 'looked at and considered for 1.3.0.0'. If Larry was on the dev team, this would be finished & added to SVN already. But since he isn't a dev, the work rusts in the rain for 2 years unless we keep nagging.
#OpenSVN
Thanks given by:
Your le summary isn't very accurate.

The dev team isn't split on whether or not they want this feature, they're split on whether or not it should be added in the upcoming release or not.

If he choses not to contribute his patch because of us not being able to guarantee it being put into the next version, then so be it. Hes not the only one who can code it anyways. Reality is a large leap away from what Xenon was making it out to be. (big surprise)

If you have good code, and its a good idea for the game, we want to see it, it doesn't matter who submitted the code. Just because we can't guarantee it being put in is no reason not to try, especially if you just want to legitimately help.
Thanks given by:
Sending a non-laggy rattrap to all the devs with mapping skills. If I get banned, I blame you. <3
Thanks given by:
We can't just start hacking up other peoples maps without their permission night. Any big changes to rattrap would have to be approved by ratboy himself. Cute though.
Thanks given by:
(17 Feb 13, 03:20PM)Bukz Wrote: The dev team isn't split on whether or not they want this feature, they're split on whether or not it should be added in the upcoming release or not.

Same fix for this though. Have a dev party, get a decision ready. :3
le edit: 67 fps(gets lower in corners and stuff, but used as an example.) on standard rattrap standing at the end of the street looking forward. 122 from the same area and view with a quick mock-up of a fix. Whatever, I'll just make a rattrap-inspired layout for the map contest.
Thanks given by:
Have ratboy give you written permission to make those edits to his map and I'll be more than happy to commit it for you. Until then can we please lay the 'rattrap is laggy' thing to rest? We're all aware that it lags on some machines. The power of choice is a beautiful thing and nobody is forcing anybody to play it.
Thanks given by:
Have you guys made a decision yet on if larry's work will be added into 1.2.0.0?
Thanks given by:
(17 Feb 13, 06:01PM)Nightmare Wrote: Have you guys made a decision yet on if larry's work will be added into 1.2.0.0?
They've already said it won't be added (at least for now), why is this relevant to the map pack...
Thanks given by:
(17 Feb 13, 12:39PM)Xenon Wrote: I'm not hating on new version, but AC is dead competitively until the new version comes out.
I think it was clear now what I meant earlier by "the AC is dead."
Looking at the forum in recent months is evident that the same players are always involved. And we are very few, fewer and fewer.
Perhaps there is another community (forum) secret known only to the clergy, or that only a few special people can participate.
The fact is, build a gaming community is not just listening to people. We must meet the needs of the players.
- I still do not know how is the choice of maps "official" because they will be played in clanmatchs.
If this list of maps will be used, do not know, depends on the gameplay features of the new version.
I believe that creating championships with alternative maps is the way.
Thanks given by:
(17 Feb 13, 06:23PM)ShadowFlameZ Wrote:
(17 Feb 13, 06:01PM)Nightmare Wrote: Have you guys made a decision yet on if larry's work will be added into 1.2.0.0?
They've already said it won't be added (at least for now), why is this relevant to the map pack...
LeadDevBukz Wrote:they're split on whether or not it should be added in the upcoming release or not.

Not dead yet.

It's relevant because Halftime Mode & this Match List are built to compliment each other. And to let people see what is/or isn't happening in proving grounds. <3
Thanks given by:
The idea to sort the maps according to the game mode is very nice .
Each map is not adapted every game mode .
Some map could be official just in single game mode.

Quote:The maps in the list for matches were decided by a group of people who all regularly play matches or are experienced in high level gameplay, and they decided upon maps that they'd find fun to play and should be fair. The community list was decided by a poll on the forums, where the community voted for what maps they'd like to be included. I have decided the duels map list myself, from a collection of maps I thought were suitable for 1v1s.

Your group of people is not legitimate .The community of assault cube should decide of maps and not just a "elite" or the devellopers ...

Other idea

Each player create a list of not official map who want to play in match .
When you play in match ,you share your list .
The same maps can be play in match .The official maps can always be choose .
A script can manage the lists .

Edit :Your list is good but some map lag ..
Thanks given by:
The problem with letting the community decide is the amount of fights that break out, as seen above. If we privately ask people who we know are experienced at the game or play it often then we can expect a sensible ontopic response. Anyway, the community did help with the creation of the list, as voted maps are in the "community" section, but on the thread it did break out into fight and that's why I didn't want to start a thread for the "matches" section.

(17 Feb 13, 06:36PM)888 Wrote: The community of assault cube should decide of maps and not just a "elite" or the devellopers ...

Twintowers for official then? I don't think so.
Thanks given by:
(17 Feb 13, 10:20AM)Xenon Wrote: I like being referred to as 'The Xenon'.

i was laughing a lot :D sounds funny, idk.

the map list is ok/solala. ;P

(17 Feb 13, 10:20AM)1Cap Wrote: I still do not know how is the choice of maps "official" because they will be played in clanmatchs.

playing clanmatch isnt the main goal. people play more public of course, so the thing, at what they looking at most, is just the "view". but im also not satisfied with the new official maps. there are a lot more, which are 100 times better. but its always the same, none likes always the same things. best example desert3. most player arent proud to win on this map because its really unfair but "oNe" is still becoming an orgasm when they win there against you...anyway, have a nice day @ "The ex-Cheater Xenon" (you also like being referred as this?) ;D
Thanks given by:
Solala :D
Thanks given by: