New IRC community
After much thought, I decided that the mapping community could use a place to hang out and discuss things. So I (and a few others) have created an IRC channel just for that. This channel will be provided for new mappers looking for help, mappers who want to share ideas, insider information to upcoming mapping contest, discussing standards for mapping (which is a hot topic these days), finding people to help test your map(s), and actually sharing your map. I hope that this catches on and people use it for what it was intended to do, help out in the mapping community. Don't be a stranger and drop by if you want. Anyone and everyone is welcomed, mapper or not, thought it should be more important to mappers.

It is located on the gamesurge.net IRC network and the channel name is #AC-Mapping

Hope to see you guys there!
Thanks given by:
Very nice idea! Could be a nice way to get the mapping community active again.

along with another contest ;)
Thanks given by:
Another contest is already in the works before you even posted that. I know the theme (not sure how I will create a map for it) and the judges. You guys could stop by for some insider info on the next contest. Think of it as a way of getting a jump start on it before it is officially announced
Thanks given by:
Halo #1
Excited for the contest & joining this channel. On my way...
Thanks given by:
f1
Thanks given by:
Great initiative. Just what is needed!
Thanks given by:
contest plz
Thanks given by:
Most mappers hate my guts but I will probably be on sometime too.
Thanks given by:
(12 Feb 13, 03:00AM)Felix-The-Ghost Wrote: Most mappers hate my guts but I will probably be on sometime too.

Why?
Thanks given by:
I hope you don't throw a boat theme at us, but this sounds very cool.
Thanks given by:
(12 Feb 13, 12:02PM)Orynge Wrote: I hope you don't throw a boat theme at us, but this sounds very cool.
^I'm in the same boat :>
Thanks given by:
(12 Feb 13, 12:02PM)Orynge Wrote: I hope you don't throw a boat theme at us, but this sounds very cool.

Revived ac_blackpearl go go go!
Thanks given by:
It's an interesting & different theme, but not something crazy and restrictive like the boat contest.
Thanks given by:
You can do a boat if you want to. My sister graduated SFSU as a History major, history is the shiiit. Its what makes the world what it is today without it there would be nothing so enjoy history too guys!
Thanks given by: