Battlestation thread
Yo.

All you guys wanna boast about your rigs and setups? Here's the place to post. Get to it. I will start.

This is my simple setup:

This is my rig (Yes I know I broke the front plate, I don't care):

And for lulz, this is my DJ Controller :P

Thanks given by:
Decent rig DrauL. Pretty sure the RAM modules are supposed to occupy the blue slots first, but whatever lol since I'm guessing it works.

Cool timing on this thread; was just cleaning my PC of dust and decided to get a potato pic for the sake of it.

Thanks given by:
hate those threads ;) Im not gonna post my laptop lol
Thanks given by:
[Image: Lenovo%2BIdeaPad%2BN580%2B59351030-1.jpg]

Business-ee enough for my marketing/sales/accounting/CEO jobs but runs hardcore AAA 2013 games like Assault Cube. Razer mouse & mousepad at the house :3
Thanks given by:
[Image: rigf.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(09 Feb 13, 02:08PM)DES|Cleaner Wrote: ...

specs?
Thanks given by:
(09 Feb 13, 02:16PM)Aekom Wrote:
(09 Feb 13, 02:08PM)DES|Cleaner Wrote: ...

specs?

2.3 Ghz Dual Core White Bread Processor
Looks like 3 sticks of 1gb ram, for a total of 3gb RAM
Integrated aluminum foil graphics.
Not sure but I believe those wires = liquid cooling.
Thanks given by:
(09 Feb 13, 09:57AM)DrauL Wrote: Yo.

All you guys wanna boast about your rigs and setups? Here's the place to post. Get to it. I will start.

This is my simple setup:
The only worthy thing in your rig is that Heineken lying behind the monitor.

JK, nice rig there, although I don't like ultra-ueber-modern-nerdy-gamers things. My rig consists of a Compaq laptop with a mouse. F8 and F9 keys are missing, that's all.
Thanks given by:
[Image: tDqSpvI.jpg]

lol
true gamer
Thanks given by:
Nice fate! :-)
Cleaner you need to upgrade a little, maybe at least get some multigrain bread. Two slices even?
Andrez, theres actually 3 there. It normally gets really bad and i will have about 16 bottles scattered around my setup. >.>
Nightmare is that laptop pretty new? USB 3 inputs on that. :-P
Edit: Wolf, other than eww a mac, my comments would be mostly nice. What headphones are they? The ones on my screen are boss.
Thanks given by:
Yeah Windows 8 launch laptop. ;o
Thanks given by:
Idk why I like these threads but here goes nothing.

My full computer setup with everything turned off, cheap case bottom right and all:

And everything on:

Inside the case:

Dell Inspiron 620
Intel [email protected]
1gb ddr5 Radeon r7770 black edition
Turtle Beach x12 headphones
Merc Stealth keyboard
Some shitty dell optical
Two monitors at 1280x1024
4x200w stereo speakers + 250w 10in sub
1Tb Sata storage
8gb ddr3 RAM
Afaik 520 watt Dynex psu

I can haz cookie?
Thanks given by:
I look at these threads and think...man we sure do have a lot of time on our hands.
Thanks given by:
(10 Feb 13, 12:12AM)X-Ray_Dog Wrote: Idk why I like these threads but here goes nothing.

My full computer setup with everything turned off, cheap case bottom right and all:

And everything on:

I notice it took you approximately 2 minutes to boot everything.
Thanks given by:
it takes me ~10 seconds to boot to desktop. Woo SSD
Thanks given by:
Win 8 + SSD = OP boot times

I'm still rocking Win 7 Ultimate Pirate Edition. (:
Thanks given by:
I have win7. I refuse to go to win8 bro.
Thanks given by:
Thanks given by:
(10 Feb 13, 12:12AM)X-Ray_Dog Wrote: My full computer setup with everything turned off, cheap case bottom right and all:

And everything on:

y u haz so much moneyyyy
Thanks given by:
Camera's broken gg, can't take pics.

This is the case I use, pretty average but the blue LED fans are kewl.

Draul/Fate, you guys have great rigs btw.
Thanks given by:
(10 Feb 13, 07:43PM)Marti Wrote: y u haz so much moneyyyy

The only thing I bought was the one desktop and the upgrades to it. The two other laptops and the two monitors are all scavenged and/or donated to me for me to fix up and keep just with parts I have accumulated from other computers that no longer work. People often that I know simply buy new computers when they think their old one cannot be fixed, that is until I get my hands on them. The bigger laptop to the left at one point was a $1,500 dollar laptop new a few years ago, has a fingerprint scanner (Working) and heat sensitive buttons plus some other nifty things you no longer see in new laptops anymore like a built in wireless Bluetooth mouse, ambient light sensor and stuff. However I invested $50 for a new battery but otherwise it was free.

Oh and on second thought, I did buy the headphones but the $100 gaming keyboard was only $5 as well (Half working, was broken when I received it ofc and now like new)
Thanks given by:
[Image: PnAhXJ4.jpg]
as you can see on my esports computer i have a sick as dinner table chair. a shitty case, no room for my keyboard/mouse and a barely fitting monitor. clearly my setup is superior to all yours!
Thanks given by:
(10 Feb 13, 12:12AM)X-Ray_Dog Wrote: [IMG]

(11 Feb 13, 12:46AM)Xenon Wrote: [IMG]

I think this explains that you dont need gaming stuff to be good.
Thanks given by:
(10 Feb 13, 12:12AM)X-Ray_Dog Wrote: ...

Cool desk bro!!
Thanks given by:
Where's that pic of Sepehr's battlestation... It's such a beast.
Thanks given by:
Xenon, letting Western Australians down!
Anyway nice Netgear router. Is that Telstra broadband? haha
Thanks given by:
Everyone has Intel. AMD anyone?
Thanks given by:
Ewww AMD.
Thanks given by:
The FX8350 is actually not that bad if you're not a gamer... But if you are, the 3570K is pretty hard to beat in its price range. (Opting for the i7 3770K for gaming offers zero gains and less money in your wallet, but you do get a bigger e-peen)

Here's a biased (IMO) review on the FX8350:

Sure the AMD performs better on a few titles, and thanks to that I now know why I can't quite max out Metro 2033...
But overall the Intel still reigns supreme. IIRC AMD stated they won't be competing with Intel anymore (because they can't) and will instead focus on the mobile market, i.e. APUs.
Thanks given by:
(11 Feb 13, 12:46AM)Xenon Wrote: [Image: PnAhXJ4.jpg]
as you can see on my esports computer i have a sick as dinner table chair. a shitty case, no room for my keyboard/mouse and a barely fitting monitor. clearly my setup is superior to all yours!

hm exact same computer as me lol
Thanks given by: