create map ploblem
I got this error :
Quote:Sorry but this map does not satisfy some quality requisites to be player in multiplayer mode
Link map : http://dl.free.fr/fAEtUMNpT
Thanks given by:
type "/showmapstats" in your map and tell me the result.

Mean height must be less than 30.
Max area must me less than 10000.
Thanks given by:
Read about those restrictions here.

There is a command to tell you the numbers exactly your maps has, but basically it is a common sense "not too open area". Look at the default maps -- that's how open AC's maps are recommended to be.
Thanks given by:
Showmapstat :the mean height is 16,87
Thanks given by:
between the flags should be 54 cubes (on ur map it's 30-40, just delete flags)
Thanks given by:
(08 Feb 13, 10:04PM)soldado Wrote: between the flags should be 54 cubes (on ur map it's 30-40, just delete flags)

52 biach
Thanks given by:
kkkk 52 xD, but no 30 as said ac devs here http://forum.cubers.net/thread-1388.html ;)
Thanks given by:
(08 Feb 13, 10:36PM)soldado Wrote: kkkk 52 xD, but no 30 as said ac devs here http://forum.cubers.net/thread-1388.html ;)

That was in 2010
Thanks given by:
Lol, a distance restriction between flags, wtf it's stupid!
Thanks given by:
(09 Feb 13, 12:08AM).ExodusS* Wrote: ...
On memory, it was to make gemas harder to create.
Thanks given by:
It's because flags shouldn't be that close together :/
Thanks given by:
(09 Feb 13, 08:07AM)Felix-The-Ghost Wrote: It's because flags shouldn't be that close together :/

<DrauL> Im currently testing the effects of have two flags close together
<DrauL> Seeing how many flags i can score in 15 minutes
<DrauL> It was ~1000 a minute
<DrauL> Or something
<Pi_blueberry> Jeezus.
<DrauL> Gunna EoAC so everyone can see
<DrauL> lol
<DrauL> I think it crashed >.>
<DrauL> In can't open it
<DrauL> I don;t think
<Pi_blueberry> lol
<DrauL> It's not responding
<DrauL> I have a bloody i7 processor
<DrauL> WTF
<DrauL> No program has done this to me before
<DrauL> What did I do
<DrauL>  Problem Event Name: AppHangB1
Thanks given by:
gameplay like this:
[Image: sans_y10.png]
Thanks given by:
well flag distance can be helpful but there are ways to map a map very decent with flags only being 10- 20 away, if you have a base back to back then have the routes go forward than left and right to loop around back to the other base then short flag distance should be allowed, i have a map started that does this.

lol posted as i was typing mine, ExodusS lol but yeah thats what i mean.
Thanks given by:
Maybe a script could figure out the 'factual' cubes distance between the two flags?

edit: for example by taking count of 'solid', find out the quickest way to get to flag with virtual way points... Dunno really I have no clue about scripting whatsoever, I just assume/guess/extrapolate
Thanks given by:
(09 Feb 13, 01:53PM)DES|Cleaner Wrote: Maybe a script could figure out the 'factual' cubes distance between the two flags?

edit: for example by taking count of 'solid', find out the quickest way to get to flag with virtual way points... Dunno really I have no clue about scripting whatsoever, I just assume/guess/extrapolate

A simple path finding algorithm could be implemented to do this. I could easily do this in python, but would have more problems with C++.
Thanks given by:
Whatever time it takes go ahead mate, at least this redundant thread will end up with something useful.
Thanks given by:
(09 Feb 13, 01:53PM)DES|Cleaner Wrote: Maybe a script could figure out the 'factual' cubes distance between the two flags?

What if a player from the CLA base can see the RVSF base trough fences? :P
Thanks given by:
(16 Feb 13, 12:33AM).ExodusS* Wrote:

What if a player from the CLA base can see the RVSF base trough fences? :P

Maybe a script could figure out the 'factual' cubes distance between the two flags? Taking into account solids and clips...
Thanks given by:
Why can't the maps have a lot of open space?
Thanks given by:
(16 Feb 13, 05:41AM)Lee Wrote: Why can't the maps have a lot of open space?

In order to avoid lags, graphic issues and nonsense crap maps.
Thanks given by:
I call nonsense crap maps some map you call official <3 It's only a difference of opinion. I have a dream, can't we put that aside and enjoy each the game as we like it? Naaaa just kidding, let's destroy this heresy, they are wrong and we need to establish the truth !
Thanks given by:
I believe remove, restrict creativity in the game is bad!
I think there should be 2 game modes. The official mode and creative mode. More or less around. So everyone was happy. It's easy to define which way is which. Using menus. As these current. :)
Thanks given by: