New system for setting up Clan Matches
There have been many times setting up a clan match and either it takes a very long period of time to get it started due to the other team confused with the process or the other team doesn't think the process ( current ) is fair.

The current (unwritten rule ) process of setting up a clan match is, team A picks any map/mode of their choice, once played team B picks their map/mode of their choice. Tie breakers vary based on how ever the current players choose. First win gets map, other team picks mode, or visa-versa. Or one of the teams doesn't care, and just lets other team pick.

Some clans and players feel this is unfair due to the fact that some sides and bases of certain maps play an unfair disadvantage to their team. Since each team pretty much picks map/mode based on what their best at.

This process is not used in the ACWC, which uses a dif process and many have said that the ACWC process is fair for both sides, as there is one map and each team plays both sides.

So im curious of other players ideas and opinions on this, and if there ever is a better process that we all agree on, would you start using it.

( i dont care much for grammar, but will still gladly fix any if pointed out)

;)
Thanks given by:
A half-time system is getting heavily discussed right now. Which is similar to what ACWC used afaik.

Another method is clan A chooses map/mode, clan B} chooses which team (CLA/RVSF) they want to play.
Thanks given by:
for tie, one of the teams asks the other "do you want map + side or mode?"
Thanks given by:
Yes half-time is hopefully coming and will more or less put an end to the biased maps debate. But in the meantime clans do have the ability to change things for the better even in the current version.

The current system makes biased maps have a bigger impact on matches than they should.

In my opinion the team who picks 2nd has an advantage by default. They get to see the outcome of the first round, and base their pick on that.

So why not make it so both clans make their map picks ahead of time, before ever starting to play. That way what I mentioned above will no longer be an issue, and teams will have an opportunity to object to the others pick, without having to be surprised halfway through the match when they may make a 'questionable map choice'.

Clan A: "We're going to pick mode/map X."
Clan B: "We're going to pick mode/map Y."

If the teams agree on the picks, they decide what map to play first and get to it. No time lost, no hard feelings after the match because of 'biased maps'.

---

Also a standard set of match rules made by the competitive community as a whole would be a great thing to have stickied on this forum.
Thanks given by:
Hmm as i've heard about the pro mod,i'd like to know if my idea is possible (and if it's a good one)

Lets say both teams A & B are separated by the 2 sides and have to type something like ''/pick (mode) (map) (side)''
Both choices from each team get saved and the pro-mod randomly selects a fair map (from a pool of maps) with random sides in case of a tiebreaker.

After some seconds during which, the players could ready up (/ready), the pro-mod would launch the first pick.
Considering we could let 15 seconds for teams to arrange their tactics & sides, then the match can start.

One of the problem might be the possibility to recognize players and team them up together, so pro-mod could force everyone and arrange teams for a match without complains.
Thanks given by:
The main problem with the ACWC is that you don't choose the map. They are randomly picked by a bot if I am correct. It is a good system for major competitions but a little too restrictive for casual matches imo.

Atm the tie usually takes place on 'fair maps' like depot, shine, sunset.

(07 Feb 13, 06:07AM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: A half-time system is getting heavily discussed right now. Which is similar to what ACWC used afaik.

Another method is clan A chooses map/mode, clan B} chooses which team (CLA/RVSF) they want to play.

I do not really like the half time idea but I will have to try it. Maybe it is great.
My main concern with the half time is the break. What happens for example if the game stops while a team is a few meters from its flag?

About your second idea I don't think it would be a good system. For example nobody will pick CTF des3 as a map/mode because the other team will obviously take CLA. Same for urban RVSF, gothic RVSF, ingress CLA, outpost RVSF, arid CLA, keller RVSF etc etc

Also I don't know if it is the right place to post but a countdown before the game start would be better for matches. Some people need more time than others to load the map and sometimes they start a bit late. Kinda unfair when you need to rush.
Thanks given by:
(07 Feb 13, 01:50PM)Edward Wrote: What happens for example if the game stops while a team is a few meters from its flag?

Same thing that happens currently when a round ends and a team is a few meters from scoring. Half-time is basically playing 2 (shorter) rounds on the same map (but the scores are preserved/added together to be like a regular, single round). Theres no disadvantages for either team in theory.
Thanks given by:
Edward the countdown before half time switch will be exactly the same as before intermission.
It will only change the way we play the pick, everyone will now watch for the clock and make a last push before half intermission.
Does it bother you that the game stops (intermission) when you're 100/100 next to the flag?
The answer is no, simply because it's the end of the game, you.know it and you're used to it..

If we apply this pro-mod, half time switch will just become an habit after some time
I really think it will help in CMs to make them more interesting, and i can't see many drawbacks against it.

EDIT : TY Buckz, didn't see you resumed my post in 2 lines -.-
Thanks given by:
* Both teams pick a server.
* Most of the time it's to the last team who say "you pick first" to pick first, it's a disavantage so...
* Then the second team pick the map/mode.
* (if) Tie-break needed, both teams pick map/mode (often ac_shine / depot / sunet)

Never saw the same map played twice in a match yet.
Troll votes or mega unfair maps are not tolerated at all for some clans (TLSS incoming, holy crap).

If you disagree with the 2nd line, well I really have a bad memory of my 400+ last matches.

(07 Feb 13, 02:15PM)DamDam Wrote: I really think it will help in CMs to make them more interesting, and i can't see many drawbacks against it.

I think you can not really improve your skills in only 7 minutes, some matches are intense at the end and only at the end.
This is the only negative feedback I can give.
Thanks given by:
Half-time sounds like a good idea. The only drawback i can see to it is not allowing enough time for each team to feel the other team out, learn how they play and how the individual enemy players play on a given map/mode on a given day. It also greatly reduces the chances of a comeback situation.

The length of matches now is long enough for an underdog team to comeback and win a match but half-time will greatly reduce the chances of that happening. That being said, half-time does more good than bad imo.
Thanks given by:
halftime paired with being able to vote for match length would solve that issue. the default is 7:30 and that's enough imo, but if teams agreed to play longer then it'd be fine
Thanks given by:
ok fair enough :p

Also I agree with BigGunZ here. 7:30 isn't enough imo. Maybe 10 minutes would be better (5-5) ? Maybe 1 hour for a game is too long instead of 45 minutes but it seems ok for me
Thanks given by:
10 mins each side.

it takes 3 mins to get used to what's going on.
a few more mins to work out how to flag.
get a few flags and half ends
10 minutes per half could solve this.
Thanks given by:
7:30 would probably be fine but i like round values
Thanks given by:
(08 Feb 13, 06:35AM)Xenon Wrote: 10 mins each side.

I agree with that.
It takes some time to find the good way to score in close matches. 10 mins would be fine.
Thanks given by:

An hour for a simple clan match is painful. Wouldn't mind this if it was just one game winner takes all, though.(would basically be a slightly shorter ACWC style game)
Thanks given by:
(08 Feb 13, 09:30AM)Sanzo Wrote:

I agree with that.
It takes some time to find the good way to score in close matches. 10 mins would be fine.

I like this idea also, 10 mins each side, with one map/mode chosen, but now we need a fair way to choose the map/mode.
Thanks given by:
(08 Feb 13, 08:09PM)Joe Smith Wrote: but now we need a fair to choose the map/mode.

lol?
Thanks given by:
(09 Feb 13, 12:09AM).ExodusS* Wrote:
(08 Feb 13, 08:09PM)Joe Smith Wrote: but now we need a fair to choose the map/mode.

lol?

fair way *
Thanks given by:
it will be fair if CLA/RVSF swap a half time?
Thanks given by: