How to fix the 'unhits' issue
Using the 'search' button on this forum I've founded 3 threads about it: This one, this one, and the last one.
However, none of this says exactly how to 'prevent' all those unhits(of course, for playing on pubs, coz there are 'hitreg fixed' servers for matchs and inters).

Well, after making many tests, I think we've found the solution to this, wich is easy actually.
You have to set your FPS value to a 'stable' value, but it has to be stable all the time.
Here's an example :
[Image: 20121101170258acdesertd.jpg]

As you can see, the bullets 'lost' are 16,7% , 20 out of 120 bullets of my smg.
The fps are 60, as default and stable all the time.
Now look what happens when I set the fps to a diff. value:
[Image: 20121108031314acdesertd.jpg]

In this case I've set my fps to 100, and there are no drops at all.

But don't worry, coz this is fixed for the next version, but meanwhile, all you gotta do is find the correct value for your fps, remember, those values has to be betwen 25 (unplayable IMO), 50 (this is my case), 100, 125, 150, 200, and you do the math of the next....

However, the fps rate depend always on what computer you have, in my case, it's an old Pentium 4, with integrated graphic card of 128Mb (cutting edge technology? ftw!), so my fps can only get to a stable 50 for almost all maps (ac_ratrap is a diff. story...).

My suggestion to all those who want to give it a try is go to FD* clan servers (if there's another server for test let us know please), empty a few rounds with your AR or SMG, and then type the command !unhits (note the '!' symbol) and see the results. Then set fps value to the ones I've 'recommended' (all credits goes to Jpablon), and then restart the map and do the same, then you'll see the diff.
The connect is:
/connect ac.fd.tc
I hope this is helpful for everyone, and thanks in advance for reading my post.
Cya !
Thanks given by:
so was it low frame rates that cause unhits? o.O?
Thanks given by:
Pretty sure it's the vsync that caused unhits in the first screenshot. And there seems to be more unhits the lower your FPS is.

Btw, the "stable FPS" fix has already been done by macm.
Thanks given by:
@Fate = Yeah, I've noticed macm's post, but he didn't say that fps should be set from 25 to 25, anyway, in my case, the lower and steady fps i set = 0 drops. And vsync is always disabled on both screenshots.
I just wanted to simlify all in a single post,ty for pointing that out and I hope everyone get the point of what's wrong with the fps.
@MykeGregory = It's not the low value of fpfs, coz with steady 50 fps you get 0% hitdrops, it's more like you have to set them in these values: 25 - 50 - 75 - 100 - 125....
Thanks given by:
i wish i figured this out and posted about it a year ago.......
Thanks given by:
I'm pretty [sure] someone has already mentioned this before in a hitreg thread, you must have missed it back in those days. You simply have to set your fps to the highest multiple of 25 you can where it stays put and you should be fine, unless it's below 60 that is.

jamz edit: you accidentally a word.
Thanks given by:
(28 Jan 13, 11:52PM)#M|A#Wolf Wrote: I'm pretty [sure] someone has already mentioned this before in a hitreg thread, you must have missed it back in those days. You simply have to set your fps to the highest multiple of 25 you can where it stays put and you should be fine, unless it's below 60 that is.

jamz edit: you accidentally a word.

i think it larry

i accidentally a word too
Thanks given by:
b-b-but... im pretty
Thanks given by:
@Wolf , I did readed all the posts I've found about the hitreg and hitdrops, but like I've said before, none of those came to a 'solid' conclusion (just my opinion of course) on how to prevent it, so the reason of this post is to make the most clear (for general players) explanation I could. But watching your answer makes me think I wasn't clear enough now...
Thanks given by:
(31 Jan 13, 02:36AM)hgf-arg Wrote: @Wolf , I did readed all the posts I've found about the hitreg and hitdrops, but like I've said before ...clear enough now...

Ty for share.

"I hope this is helpful for everyone..." sure yes.
Thanks given by:
or devs could have released a version just to fix this problem right when it came up. its discouraging knowing that while your playing you know its a defective game, and that any final result in a match or just pubs is not 100% accurate.

if ac just had an updater instead of releases then this could have been an easy update and 3+ threads for this topic wouldn't have been needed.
Thanks given by: