ac_metl2 & ac_cloud1.1
ac_metl2
A small FFA map with a castle theme. Original Cube map was created by metlslime, converted and edit to fit ac by Z3R0, with help from Snoosnoo and banner mapmodels created by DES|Cleaner.

ac_cloud1.1
ac_cloud1.1 By Z3R0, night themed city map, loosely based around a famous Italian city. Medium/Large CTF map, though suitable for all modes.

Download here.

Feedback on how to improve or anything to consider is welcome and appreciated. Maps contain custom content so will not be playable online unless each player has the required content. ac_cloud1.1 should be playable in v1.2 though :D Thanks.
Thanks given by:
These look really nice! Love the idea of importing cube maps :) (As halo did before)

I wonder who helped you with those gorgeous towers... ;D
Thanks given by:
Oh yeah, ShadowZ helped a little amount on ac_metl2, but I couldn't fit him in the mapmsg, so he gets a mention here. :> tyty
Thanks given by:
Heh, I'm sure I'll get a mention when I help you get ac_metl4 done ;)
Thanks given by:
AH nice I was always wondering when someone was going to take the time to retexture/make metl2. It was a superfast pace make for FFA cube when I used to play cube online, was always one to like and relax with a game of it with some mates. I like the lighting in the remake, as well as the added textures and models. Maybe for the vine model(the particular one that you can reach) put a ladder entity around so u can climb it and easier reach akimbo just a thought.

As cloud1.1 looks very nice and unique seems fun to play in, I need to test it out to say more about that. One suggestion I have is, all the outside/most of map seems a bet "grey" and dull, with the lighting you have done. To break up the monotony use high numbered but small lights in doorways and archways in conjunction with the correct mapmodel, to have some divided...I can't wait to see how it will fair in pub(s) and private games too.

Great work to both of you, keep chipping away at it.
Thanks given by:
I imported fanatic_revenge with all the texture and models, created a new .cfg for it. PM me for the packages and all files, I didn't even read the licences. :P
Thanks given by:
Thank you for the comment DD :)

I tried to make ac_metl2 look as similar as possible to the original, but with a little touch of Z3R0 here and there, cause not all of it works together too well when converted. As for the ivy, I had thought of this when adding them, but thought it might just play a bit weird, and iirc you had to do some kind of special jump to get the quad anyway.

I have to agree with you that ac_cloud1.1 might be a little dull, I'll have a look around and maybe strengthen the unnatural lights so the stand out more or add a bit more colour to the skylight. As for gameplay, I have actually played it once or twice in pubs, and I thought it wasn't bad. I did design this map with private gameplay in mind though.

Thanks given by:
Not sure how the sauer maps' will playout for AC, but nice none the less!
Thanks given by:
(27 Jan 13, 03:28AM)Shorty Wrote: Not sure how the cube maps will playout for AC, but nice none the less!
Sorry, just had to fix this^

"Sauer" maps aren't able to be "imported" into AC (cube 2 vs cube 1), and trying to accurately make some of them on the AC engine would be quite a challenge (though I think for some it might be possible...)
Cube maps, however, CAN be imported (and then edited a little bit to make them look right in AC). Any requests? \:D
Thanks given by:
(27 Jan 13, 04:59AM)ShadowFlameZ Wrote: Any requests? \:D

There's this one map from Cube that I really liked.
It had a sort of space-age feel to it, and really fast-paced, arena-style gameplay.
It sort of had this raised path going around a pit in the middle and this weird column thing sticking out of one end of the pit.

Can't remember for the life of me what it was called, unfortunately.
It was douze
Thanks given by:
Frogulis, was it 'ger1' because Fallout (from A&D) remade that a couple of years ago

not to sure how complete this version is but here is the link: http://ge.tt/1oS8ZdW
Thanks given by:
Frog you wouldn't bye chance me spillway? By pushplay would you?(one of my favorites too)
[Image: 20130128041403spillwayt.jpg][Image: 20130128041449spillwayt.jpg][Image: 20130128041437spillwayt.jpg]
The textures are obviously different but the cube designs the same.
Thanks given by:
metl2 looks absolutely beautiful in my opinion

as for sauer, what about an ac_tartech and an ac_memento?
Thanks given by:
Oh my, that looks gorgeous!! Going to download asap!
Thanks given by:
ac_cloud is one of the most beautiful maps I've ever seen... I really like it :D
Thanks given by:
Thanks guys <3
Thanks given by:
played them already :D gameplay is cewl
Thanks given by:
Both of them? I'd like to know how ac_cloud1.1 plays out, cause I thought it might be too tight in some places, or kinda unbalanced. Please tell me what you thought :D
Thanks given by:
props, these are some sick maps.
ac_cloud is insane
great job:):)
Thanks given by:
Aquae and Fanatic_revenge are awesome imo.

[Image: 20130112.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Thanks xenon, I'm glad you liked them ;)

I like the layout of frag by makkE, from cube. Aquae is quite nice too ExodusS, but I don't have revenge, could you provide a download link or something please?
Thanks given by:
cloud1.1_4official
Thanks given by:
(31 Jan 13, 05:07PM).ExodusS* Wrote: Aquae and Fanatic_revenge are awesome imo.

Whoa.jpg

THAT looks cool - DL link please? :D
Thanks given by:
(31 Jan 13, 06:38PM)Z3R0 Wrote: could you provide a download link or something please?

By MP when i'll be at home, i'm on grand-ma computer right now. :D
But I already converted the map for AC, with the specific .cfg and all custom textures/mapmodels needed.
Thanks given by:
Oh, haha. I never even noticed that was the ac hud. Looks fun :D
Thanks given by:
(31 Jan 13, 05:07PM).ExodusS* Wrote: [Image: 20130112.jpg]

Is that the SP map or just one that looks similar?
Thanks given by: