Quick Spawn -- Is it legal?
I was playing someone the other day in CTF. After I killed them, they would switch to spectator then back into play so that they didn't have to wait the 5 seconds till spawn. Is this legal?
Thanks given by:
Good question.
annoyingly you could also bind that action to a single key to make it EVEN faster.
(/bind # [Spectate; onrelease [attack?]])
Community?
Thanks given by:
No. The 5 second limit is there specifically for flag modes. Circumventing a mechanic of a particular mode in order to gain an advantage is absolutely cheating.
Thanks given by:
I think we should block someone from changing the team for those 5 seconds ;)
Thanks given by:
not cheat, ac client is not modified, it is just a bug... btw using bugs = blacklist? (but one moron called bugboy for it gives a blacklist lol) You guys are so serious... :D
Thanks given by:
People should have the common sense to know better and to not use exploits to gain an advantage over other players. If you're using it you deserve any server related bans you receive.
Thanks given by:
I personally do not use it, but a member in Lw (my clan) does. I asked them not to do it, but just wanted to make sure this wasn't actually legal before I enforced the rule. Thanks.
Thanks given by:
IMHO, I find that doing something to gain an advantage over other players to be cheating. This includes brightskins, sniper crosshair, and this exploit of avoiding the 5 second respawn delay.

(Things within the game mechanics such as pickups obviously don't count)
Thanks given by:
It's definitely cheating. They're abusing an exploit.
Thanks given by:
It should be illegal cus it gives u an advantage u're not supposed to have. There is a reason u have to wait 5 seconds before u can spawn
Thanks given by:
I have talked with the player, and they said they wouldn't use it again. I'll see how this turns out...
Thanks given by:
i use it in gema and i will keep use it <3
Thanks given by:
(17 Jan 13, 11:52PM)Edward Wrote: i use it in gema and i will keep use it <3

They'd probably ban you anyway for playing GEMA so you might as well have at it :P
Thanks given by:
First the jump script/bind, now this :<

brb making a BL entry for Jg99 using this.
Thanks given by:
What makes people even think to do this crap? It never even occurs to me to even LOOK for exploits. Every time one is mentioned it surprises me that people even care to use that to their advantage. This is just as lame as the jump thing! UGH!! How can you feel you've truly won if you've cheated??!?!?

Even Lance Armstrong!!! AHHHHHH!!!!
Thanks given by:
maybe someone is reluctant to wait 5 seconds :) but in general, this script came after one genius decided to ban gema servers with "!reset", so you know who to blame for its occurrence... with !reset in this shit (with epic spam) did not make sense, was binded only !reset :| so will be !reset to the legal for gema servers - no one would use this garbage, info 100%
Thanks given by:
I suppose people who do things like this just think they're being clever rather than cheating, and their lack of an in-universe view of the game allows them to do such things without it cheapening the experience for them. Maybe for some the essence is that if you've been killed you have to wait five seconds, and then face the challenge of catching up if someone stole the flag near you, or something; but maybe for others there is a transcendence of the universe of the game such that they see fit to solve the problem at hand however possible using the tools made available. And maybe this seems more justifiable to them if the tools are available by default rather than at lengthy and deliberate effort.
Thanks given by:
Clever use of game mechanics :)
Thanks given by:
Gameplay implementation logic fail? :D
A secret (almost) everybody knew.
Inmediate fix is required now that it is 100% public.
Thanks given by:
(18 Jan 13, 08:10AM)soldado Wrote: maybe someone is reluctant to wait 5 seconds :) but in general, this script came after one genius decided to ban gema servers with "!reset", so you know who to blame for its occurrence... with !reset in this shit (with epic spam) did not make sense, was binded only !reset :| so will be !reset to the legal for gema servers - no one would use this garbage, info 100%

shhhhhhhhhhshhhhhhhhhhh :p Dont use common sense here !!
Thanks given by:
This exploit must be fixed .
[Image: 1173185768.3758_ac_douze_CTFjpg]
Exploit +auto kill :biggrin:
Thanks given by:
This has been reported twice before (at least). It's certainly an exploit that I consider contrary to the implicit competitive rules of AC but it's not cheating in the blacklistable sense. The simple solution is to make it impossible in 1.2; can anyone tell us if that's been done yet?
Thanks given by:
(18 Jan 13, 08:10AM)soldado Wrote: maybe someone is reluctant to wait 5 seconds :) but in general, this script came after one genius decided to ban gema servers with "!reset", so you know who to blame for its occurrence... with !reset in this shit (with epic spam) did not make sense, was binded only !reset :| so will be !reset to the legal for gema servers - no one would use this garbage, info 100%

(18 Jan 13, 01:36PM)Edward Wrote: shhhhhhhhhhshhhhhhhhhhh :p Dont use common sense here !!

Yeah, this makes perfect sense. I ban servers because they have gameplay-affecting mods, so, naturally, it's my fault that players abuse the bug by scripting it for non-modded servers, in killing-included CTF games. That is a moronic leap of deduction.
Thanks given by:
Someone must define if it is a bug or a property of AC. If this is bug, it will be fixed in a next version. Vice versa if it is a property, everything is all right. Then i would keep the decision for the "blacklist entry" on the server owners. The argumentation "you cannot ban me because of your mistake" is non-sense, if you abuse a hole in bank system, you would be punished too.
Thanks given by:
(18 Jan 13, 02:36PM)888 Wrote: This exploit must be fixed .
[Image: 1173185768.3758_ac_douze_CTFjpg]
Exploit +auto kill :biggrin:

who the hell uses /screenshot when you can use F12? lol, wtf?
Thanks given by:
(18 Jan 13, 08:55PM)Boomhauer Wrote: who the hell uses /screenshot when you can use F12? lol, wtf?

Someone who changes their F12 bind from the default?
Thanks given by:
(18 Jan 13, 08:59PM)Bukz Wrote:
(18 Jan 13, 08:55PM)Boomhauer Wrote: who the hell uses /screenshot when you can use F12? lol, wtf?

Someone who changes their F12 bind from the default?

yea, i suppose...... o_0
Thanks given by:
Less moral lessons more DEVing please

Last time i checked it was fixed in beta?
Thanks given by:
* ärkefiende slaps |HP|

Look at the SVN commits and you´ll see we´re not lazy ...
Thanks given by:
(18 Jan 13, 11:47PM)ärkefiende Wrote: * ärkefiende slaps |HP|

Look at the SVN commits and you´ll see we´re not lazy ...

better late then never
Thanks given by: