MK-11
I have a somewhat informal request for an m-67 nade on another thread.

But I want to make a formal request for an MK-11 sniper rifle. I have yet to find a sniper mod I am completely satisfied with. I will like one, but it will have a bipod, or flipped lens caps, or the angular or octagonal scope or some other weird thing attached to it I don't like.

I want to see if someone is willing to make an MK-11 sniper rifle. Without lens caps, or bipod. Well, the bipod is fine if its folded up, not hanging out in the air. Just a plain black MK-11 with a round scope. Anyone willing?

Pic Link
Thanks given by:
How fast do you need it.I could do it.Maybe :D lol
No I think i can do it.
Thanks given by:
Lol.. there would be no reason for me to rush it. If you want to do it that would be great
Thanks given by:
this is a good sniper which could be easily skinned as many copies exist on the net. [Image: Awp.jpg]
The AWP (Arctic Warfare Police), or Magnum Sniper Rifle
Thanks given by:
^I believe there's something that looks vaguely similar to that on that RN AC Custom site.
Thanks given by:
(18 Jan 13, 04:14AM)ShadowFlameZ Wrote: ^I believe there's something that looks vaguely similar to that on that RN AC Custom site.

thanks commander, they have a nice m4 too, i was kinda hoping for an authentic awp scope though, and the kickback on the m4 is disorientating, very shaky nothing like the cs style, this has inspired me to try skinning my own weapon.
Thanks given by:
I like the MK-11 .308 because I used one in the Navy. I would really like that particular sniper rifle.
I also used an AWP .308 on a few occasions. I found the MK-11 to be lighter, less bulky, and at least twice as accurate, which is saying a lot since the MK-11 is semi-automatic, and the AWP is bolt action. Bolt action is generally preferable for sniper rifles, because the movement on a semi-auto "supposedly" makes a second shot less accurate. Untrue with the MK-11.

Incidentally, MK-11 also has twice the range.

I know none of this has to do with AC, just my reasoning for preferring one to the other IRL, so logically the skin I would prefer to sport in-game :-D
Thanks given by:
Oh the navy boomy that explains a lot..
Thanks given by:
(18 Jan 13, 04:14AM)ShadowFlameZ Wrote: ^I believe there's something that looks vaguely similar to that on that RN AC Custom site.
Althoug I fancy these models there is one thing that annoys me big time is the amount of vertex and faces, you even have inner body parts absolutely useless.
Model stats for the So imagine how heavy such a big weapon as that sniper will be.
Thanks given by:
(18 Jan 13, 07:11AM)Vermi Wrote: Oh the navy boomy that explains a lot..

lol?
Thanks given by:
I think this Zombie fellow is pulling my leg.....
Thanks given by:
^You said there was no rush, so you'll need to be patient lad ;)
Thanks given by:

It's the exact copy you mean? :P
Thanks given by:
Still need to finish the lens reflection texture.Does anybody know where to get a good one?

[Image: 20130120120743aciceroad.jpg]
Thanks given by:
You could try to make a full black circle, add a white reflection on it and make a slight overlay of a background to imitate the refection.
Thanks given by:
(20 Jan 13, 12:35PM).ExodusS* Wrote:

Possibly. I remember I saw it when you made one video with a sniper, and then I pestered you for the DL link :P
Thanks given by:
(20 Jan 13, 05:42PM)ShadowFlameZ Wrote:

Possibly. I remember I saw it when you made one video with a sniper, and then I pestered you for the DL link :P

You mean this?
[Image: 6835699_orig.jpg?306]
Thanks given by:
^That would be the one.
Thanks given by:
(20 Jan 13, 01:18PM)xdEpicZombie Wrote: Still need to finish the lens reflection texture.Does anybody know where to get a good one?

[Image: 20130120120743aciceroad.jpg]

its looking good. 2 things tho. The scope looks too far forward. the ocular should be right above the iron sight. its an adjustable scope, but rarely adjusted. and it looks brown? anyway, you do good work!

look here for different perspectives
Thanks given by:
Maybe you could use this for that top part

[Image: rail.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(20 Jan 13, 05:49PM)xdEpicZombie Wrote:
(20 Jan 13, 05:42PM)ShadowFlameZ Wrote:

You mean this?
[Image: 6835699_orig.jpg?306]

What this needs to make it perfect, 1.the scope from cs. 2.the sound from cs
Thanks given by:
(21 Jan 13, 05:27AM)Vermi Wrote: What this needs to make it perfect, 1.the scope from cs. 2.the sound from cs

And maybe about 12.000 less vertex.
Thanks given by:
By the way,whats the maximal number of vertex

Um srry for my bad english but I didnt understand if u wanted the bipod or not :)
Thanks given by:
I do NOT want the bipod. :-D
Thanks given by:
Okay i can remove it too but as you can see in the pictur, you actually never see the bipod
Thanks given by:
(22 Jan 13, 02:25PM)xdEpicZombie Wrote: By the way,whats the maximal number of vertex

Um srry for my bad english but I didnt understand if u wanted the bipod or not :)
There is no such thing as max vertex, it's just the power of your graphic card that gives you the limits!
However the less is always the best (in AC anyway) so take a look at the stats of our Sniper and compare.
Piece of advice, remove (like on this screenshot) absolutely everything that is useless/unseen.

[Image: sniperstats.jpg]
Thanks given by:
lol mine has almost 12k vertex :D
Thanks given by:
It's not too hard to get rid of 60% of your Vertexes afterwards, but still, 12k is... very much.
Thanks given by:
60%,how?
Thanks given by:
Delete the faces you can't see. So, the whole right side, the botton, faces behind the stock and the ones facing forwards.

And sorry about using percentages, thats just... bad writing.
Thanks given by: