1.2 promotion?
Just wanted to get some discussion going about how to promote 1.2 on various places on the internet to maybe get some new players involved! :)

I think some subreddits might be a good idea, along with various gaming forums. Maybe try to get in contact with some popular YouTube commentators?
Thanks given by:
I don't think attracting new players has ever been a big issue with AC, the problem is getting those new players to stick around. AC has a face only a mother can love.

Fun as all hell once it sucks you in though.

Kids these days...all they care about is graphics and ranks. (and maybe rocket launchers) :P
Thanks given by:
It's not attracting more players, but rather a better quality of player (i.e. not the ones who write that they're "long time ACers whose favorite and best mode is TOSOK").
Nomsayin?
Thanks given by:
I just hope Brazilians won't advertise it (more) there.
Thanks given by:
(15 Jan 13, 01:26AM)Andrez Wrote: I just hope Brazilians won't advertise it (more) there.
As proven many times before, not all of Brazil is bad >.>
Thanks given by:
guys we must let Critikal play this game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHCbTxRtB...2&index=34
Thanks given by:
I actually sent some messages to Critical saying he should download and play this game, try it out a little. But its not really his kind of game to play, Commentary wise.
offtopic though? He should play Saints row 3! for real!

I think a good way to advertise could be to actually advertise.
When was the last time assaultcube was acctually advertised somewhere? But, that does cost money. :(
Thanks given by:
If RandumKiwi had come on the radio show the other day, I would have given the dev's $50 AUS.
Thanks given by:
And So would I..
Thanks given by:
(15 Jan 13, 02:40PM)Shorty Wrote: And So would I..

It just shows the devs lack of commitment in some ways.
One minute of talk show for $50 dollars of currency. My offers always up developers.
Thanks given by:
You should automaticaly launch the menu at the start of the game .. lots of players will try multi then.
Thanks given by:
(15 Jan 13, 03:12PM)DrauL Wrote: It just shows the devs lack of commitment in some ways.

Do you seriously think this way?

Maybe their personal time is just that, personal time. Maybe they don't wish to exchange what time they might have outside other commitments for a nominal wage.
Thanks given by:
(15 Jan 13, 03:12PM)DrauL Wrote:

One minute of talk show for $50 dollars of currency. My offers always up developers.

My self respect can't be purchased for $50.00
Thanks given by:
(15 Jan 13, 07:55PM)$t4R W4r5 Wrote: You should automaticaly launch the menu at the start of the game .. lots of players will try multi then.

I don't think pressing the ESC button is a major issue that is stopping people from playing.
Thanks given by:
^Yeah, most players would know to press ESC - afaik that's the way to start singleplayer (bots) as well, unless you like fragging walls :P
Thanks given by:
(15 Jan 13, 07:55PM)$t4R W4r5 Wrote: You should automatically launch the menu at the start of the game .. lots of players will try multi then.
This isn't actually a stupid remark at all, at least something written at the bottom of the screen like "Press 'esc' for menu".
Thanks given by:
Great idea. A map of keys on the Home screen. Esc ... -F1 to this-
Another thing. Stop giving BAN RANGE - Think. You take a cheater and and no longer have several players. :( yo
Do not be lazy. Grab your server log and complete the IP in the post!
Thanks given by:
^: Server owners usually complete the IP if they're reporting from their own server.
Thanks given by:
(15 Jan 13, 10:50AM)YourSister Wrote: guys we must let Critikal play this game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHCbTxRtB...2&index=34

This, I think he did something with QWOP. Most laughs in my life.
Thanks given by:
(15 Jan 13, 07:55PM)$t4R W4r5 Wrote: You should automaticaly launch the menu at the start of the game .. lots of players will try multi then.

(16 Jan 13, 07:37AM)DES|Cleaner Wrote:
(15 Jan 13, 07:55PM)$t4R W4r5 Wrote: You should automatically launch the menu at the start of the game .. lots of players will try multi then.
This isn't actually a stupid remark at all, at least something written at the bottom of the screen like "Press 'esc' for menu".

(16 Jan 13, 08:33AM)1Cap Wrote: Great idea. A map of keys on the Home screen. Esc ... -F1 to this-
Another thing. Stop giving BAN RANGE - Think. You take a cheater and and no longer have several players. :( yo
Do not be lazy. Grab your server log and complete the IP in the post!

First time players normally watch the tutorial of a game.
In the tut it says how to access the menu.
Thanks given by:
It would be the right time that devs would recognize national AC websites as official to spread it more. I have been running one in Italian since 2008, and I think there's a French, a Spanish and a Polish too!

* Andrez plants the seeds of evil in devs' minds
Thanks given by:
(16 Jan 13, 10:00AM)DrauL Wrote: First time players normally watch the tutorial of a game.

there is a tutorial?
Thanks given by:
AC sexy calendar to raise some funds??!
Thanks given by:
(16 Jan 13, 01:11PM)Edward Wrote:
(16 Jan 13, 10:00AM)DrauL Wrote: First time players normally watch the tutorial of a game.

there is a tutorial?

Are you fucking kidding me?
Go to your config/tutorial.cfg
Thanks given by:
(16 Jan 13, 01:11PM)Edward Wrote:

there is a tutorial?

Yes. It is actually quite decent, believe it or not.
Thanks given by:
(15 Jan 13, 03:12PM)DrauL Wrote:

I told Shorty that I lack time ...

Btw, if he got his reasons not do it then you have to accept it. It´s definetely not the money we do it for. Noone ever saw a dime for developing AC ...

Now back to the topic: I invite everyone to advertize it. Spread the word! Friends, blogs, reviews, facebook, youtube, twitter, family, shout it out loud in the pedestrian zone like religious fanatics already do :P
Thanks given by:
(16 Jan 13, 01:11PM)Edward Wrote: there is a tutorial?
Thanks given by:
(16 Jan 13, 09:57PM)ärkefiende Wrote: Now back to the topic: I invite everyone to advertize it. Spread the word! Friends, blogs, reviews, facebook, youtube, twitter, family, shout it out loud in the pedestrian zone like religious fanatics already do :P
I'm recomending AC to my coreligionnaires (27.4 millions and growing) at joyofsatan dot com. If we make a deal I might stablish the rule #19030: "Play AssaultCube Monday-Friday at least 23 hours of your spare time."

Do we have a deal? :D
Thanks given by:
Let me guess, I only have to give you my soul? :P
Thanks given by:
Done on AKIMBO as well, quite some folks visiting it don't even come to the AC Forum, they probably are only interested in mods and maps but not in reading and writing.
Thanks given by: