GeoIp
Hey guys, I've heard that the client I use is a "unknown client" and a few people from BoB and HsOs use it. I'll give you a link to the client :D!

*Link removed, go ahead and post the "2nd" fixed client*

The client is callled "GeoIP". I only use it to show the countries of the players on the scoreboard.
Thanks given by:
oh your a funny fucker
Thanks given by:
(31 Dec 12, 03:44PM)Xenon Wrote: oh your a funny fucker
Indeed.
Thanks given by:
Why you need to know where the guy is from anyway? That's privacy invasion... Call the AC Police!!!
Thanks given by:
but how do we know it doesnt have (poorly) hidden hax in it like the gsf client?
Thanks given by:
(31 Dec 12, 07:08PM)RealViking Wrote: but how do we know it doesnt have (poorly) hidden hax in it like the gsf client?
Thanks given by:
You don't...till you get caught ;)
Thanks given by:
Binary? Really? You go there playing/using this client without knowing what modifications have been made with this client and you pretend us to do the same? Bahahaha you are an incredulous wimp, source code or GTFO. Promiscuous.

Edit: bahahaha
Thanks given by:
(31 Dec 12, 06:57PM)DES|Cleaner Wrote: Why you need to know where the guy is from anyway? That's privacy invasion... Call the AC Police!!!
If privacy invasion was really an issue we wouldn't be able to see each others' IP's lololol
Thanks given by:
(31 Dec 12, 09:15PM)#M|A#Wolf Wrote:
(31 Dec 12, 06:57PM)DES|Cleaner Wrote: Why you need to know where the guy is from anyway? That's privacy invasion... Call the AC Police!!!
If privacy invasion was really an issue we wouldn't be able to see each others' IP's lololol
And then blacklists (at least IP ones, not name ones) wouldn't exist.

Then what would we do with jamz? D:
Thanks given by:
arent they both made by Jpablon; GsF and GeoIP
Thanks given by:
(01 Jan 13, 02:30AM)Cemer Wrote: arent they both made by Jpablon; GsF and GeoIP

yes they are
Thanks given by:
i'd suspect lots of hidden hax then
Thanks given by:
Speaking of the GsF client, was that one ever fixed? Or perhaps I should take a step back and ask if we ever did agree if some of the add-ons were "unfair."
Thanks given by:
the gsf client will never be classified as unfair officially since some of our dear Elites uses it but all you need to do is to ask yourself 'what's unfair?' the answer is that it's unfair if it gives any sort of advantage over the people who doesn't use your client, be it wallhack, speedhack or shooting through pick ups.
Thanks given by:
Ah, gotcha. Thanks for the clarification freddy.

How many of the "unfair" things are found in the GeoIP client?
Thanks given by:
(31 Dec 12, 07:17PM)Xenon Wrote:
(31 Dec 12, 07:08PM)RealViking Wrote: but how do we know it doesnt have (poorly) hidden hax in it like the gsf client?

How do we know you both don't use your wall hack client 'for demo only trololol' ? I would better suggest you to keep a low profile.

Btw this is the first version of the geoip client. About the second version, the unfair advantages as been fixed. And it was not something intentional. If Jpablon shared his client with the AC community, he did it in all honesty. If there was hidden hacks in it, he would not come on the official forum to post it.

Some people spend some of their time trying to bring something new to assaultcube (jpablon, Felix-The-Ghost, SKB, Sveark and many many others I wont quote here). We should encourage them to keep working on new ideas for AC because this is what AC needs. We do not need unnecessary feedbacks as above.
Thanks given by:
Where's the source code for this client ?
Thanks given by:
(02 Jan 13, 01:19PM)Edward Wrote:
(31 Dec 12, 07:17PM)Xenon Wrote:

How do we know you both don't use your wall hack client 'for demo only trololol' ? I would better suggest you to keep a low profile.

Btw this is the first version of the geoip client. About the second version, the unfair advantages as been fixed. And it was not something intentional. If Jpablon shared his client with the AC community, he did it in all honesty. If there was hidden hacks in it, he would not come on the official forum to post it.

Some people spend some of their time trying to bring something new to assaultcube (jpablon, Felix-The-Ghost, SKB, Sveark and many many others I wont quote here). We should encourage them to keep working on new ideas for AC because this is what AC needs. We do not need unnecessary feedbacks as above.

We wouldn't know I suppose, but we do know you use/used the old gsf client which made you able to shoot through pick ups. I'd suggest you keep a low profile too my friend (or even better, don't post at all).

Second version still has ghostpickups. Of course, Jpablon probably shared his client 'in all honesty' but he doesn't see what's unfair advantage and not (he was asking if he could hitreg fix his client for example, that would obviously be unfair and shouldn't even be asked). Add shooting through pickups and ghostpickups to that and you're silly if you don't start questioning things.

You should define the word 'unnecessary'. When I said I'd suspect lots of hidden hax I meant that people should think before using modified clients without knowing exactly what's different. I realise you're a friend of Jpablon and want to defend him but 'negative' feedback is feedback still and it'll help improve more than positive feedback in the end.
What you also seem to forgot is that some people spend too many hours a day playing this game month after month, week in and week out. Since I spend so much time playing this game, shouldn't I be encouraged to share my opinions and give feedback according to you?
Thanks given by:
how do you know edward? good question, i can't connect to the MS with the one I use so?
profit.
watch demos if you think i cheat, i don't care lol
Thanks given by:
never said you were cheating. I only said you shouldn't have a cheat client until you actively contribute to the BL thread.

(02 Jan 13, 01:59PM)RealViking Wrote: We wouldn't know I suppose, but we do know you use/used the old gsf client which made you able to shoot through pick ups. I'd suggest you keep a low profile too my friend (or even better, don't post at all).

Yeah I used the unfixed GsF client and what? Never realised I could shoot through pickups until people bring this out. I just downloaded a client displaying countries, specthudgun and ratio. I know some people who still use the unfixed client but I don't consider them as cheater just because they can shoot through pickups. Yeah it is an unfair advantage because some lamers hide behind pickups. But some guys also delete mapmodels.
Unfair advantages everywhere. So many hidden scripts in 'pros' teams (inb4 I am a lier), so many 'pro tips'. That's why I share everything I know.

(02 Jan 13, 01:59PM)RealViking Wrote: Second version still has ghostpickups.
Only noobs think ghostpickups are a hack.

(02 Jan 13, 01:59PM)RealViking Wrote: (he was asking if he could hitreg fix his client for example, that would obviously be unfair and shouldn't even be asked).

fundog Wrote:if you did read the License terms i posted, you are allowed to fix BUGS, and hitdrop IS a bug

Like vanquish said, you can fix it without a client change, yes, that's true, and here exactly it already starts with unfair gameplay ( you don't need a fixed client to have 0 hitdrops, just the knowledge about it), only if you KNOW about, and if you did read this forum and searched explicite for this error. That's not a solution, i still find players, every day, which i pick to our server to fix the hitdrop individually
[...]
I will judge it : You Developers caused this error, and you still did not provide a fixed version for all of it, even there are already solutions provided from people in the community

original post here

I must agree with you on your last part because I think exactly like you. Your opinion as a player is very important. I guess I disliked the way you expressed it.
Thanks given by:
(02 Jan 13, 03:31PM)Edward Wrote: never said you were cheating. I only said you shouldn't have a cheat client until you actively contribute to the BL thread.

(02 Jan 13, 01:59PM)RealViking Wrote: We wouldn't know I suppose, but we do know you use/used the old gsf client which made you able to shoot through pick ups. I'd suggest you keep a low profile too my friend (or even better, don't post at all).

Yeah I used the unfixed GsF client and what? Never realised I could shoot through pickups until people bring this out. I just downloaded a client displaying countries, specthudgun and ratio. I know some people who still use the unfixed client but I don't consider them as cheater just because they can shoot through pickups. Yeah it is an unfair advantage because some lamers hide behind pickups. But some guys also delete mapmodels.
Unfair advantages everywhere. So many hidden scripts in 'pros' teams (inb4 I am a lier), so many 'pro tips'. That's why I share everything I know.

(02 Jan 13, 01:59PM)RealViking Wrote: Second version still has ghostpickups.
Only noobs think ghostpickups are a hack.

(02 Jan 13, 01:59PM)RealViking Wrote: (he was asking if he could hitreg fix his client for example, that would obviously be unfair and shouldn't even be asked).

fundog Wrote:if you did read the License terms i posted, you are allowed to fix BUGS, and hitdrop IS a bug

Like vanquish said, you can fix it without a client change, yes, that's true, and here exactly it already starts with unfair gameplay ( you don't need a fixed client to have 0 hitdrops, just the knowledge about it), only if you KNOW about, and if you did read this forum and searched explicite for this error. That's not a solution, i still find players, every day, which i pick to our server to fix the hitdrop individually
[...]
I will judge it : You Developers caused this error, and you still did not provide a fixed version for all of it, even there are already solutions provided from people in the community

original post here

I must agree with you on your last part because I think exactly like you. Your opinion as a player is very important. I guess I disliked the way you expressed it.

I don't think either me or Xenon will ever contribute actively to the BL thread, I can't speak for Xenon but I know I won't since I don't like most server owners and wouldn't want to help them get rid of cheaters/abusers and I'm also not a fan of the way blacklists are managed and by the people managing them. However, I do not understand why I cannot use my own tools to bust haxers for personal knowledge? Please do explain that. I'd hate to go on the human rights shit track but I can do what I want in SP, including using wallhack while watching demos, can't I?

You say you didn't know you could shoot through pickups, but how do we know if that's true? You might as well have 'shot thru pickups trololol' in every match you played. If your friends still uses the gsf client to intentionally shoot through pickups they are clear examples of cheaters. Removing clips from mapmodels is cheating, yes. Nadetimer is unfair advantage, yes. There's a lot of hax available for everyone but instead of doing everything you can to gain as many advantages as possible you can stop for a second or two and ask yourself 'do I want to be a good haxer or do I want to be a skilled player?'. I've only ever used standard client to play with and no gameplay changing mods whatsoever (but I do have that quick knife script). I'm not the best player in any way and I'll probably never will be but at least I know I play fair and that's good for me.

ghostpickups are an advantage, not a hack. I'm sure I'm not the only one who tend to forget about armour in the heat of a battle but with this little mod I simply can't forget. An obvious advantage to me. I'm proudly a noob.

All I've got to say about hitreg is that if it's fixed in a modified client it is a very very clear example of cheat. My unhit % was around 30 yesterday and I have done everything I can (vsync off, fps 125 yes) to get it to 0.
Thanks given by:
The court calls jpablon to sit down accused's chair to explain what mods has been done on your client and provide source code for it, of course it's your right to refuse to provide the source but this action will be taken as being rebel and obstructing fair play, in this case the AC community will proceed to decompile and to reverse engineer your binary client in search of cheats/unfair advanges the results of which will be posted on this forums. If this mods of yours prove to be unfair, you'll be condemned to be burnt alive using green wood (jamz himself will travel overseas to your place to perform the lynching and will broadcast the video it in youtube so we all can watch it live how you twitch while you burn), not to mention you will go to hell and your nose will grow larger as pinocchio for to lie to the AC community. Remember that's the major punishment to cheaters in AC.

Later you'll come to play happily for ever and ever as if nothing happened, just as xenon. End of story.
Thanks given by:
Trial by cube, nice.

In regards to the "hack client" that Fred n Xen are associated with, Fred has a point, it's in single player, so it doesn't affect people. Besides, we've covered this before with that hackusation against FuRy a while ago, no need to keep bringing it up....
Thanks given by:
This was discussed before, There is not reason to do it again.
Thanks given by:
Yes.

Also, at one time I got to see the source for this. Only change iirc was the geoip.
Thanks given by: