Failed to initialize audio
Hey guys.
I have been having some sound problems with my AC. I can't hear any sounds in AC, an error message appears in the console though, "failed to initialize audio.
I can hear sounds outside of AC. Never had this problem before.
Thanks,
--ILA.
Thanks given by:
Version of AC? What OS? Is OpenAL installed?
Thanks given by:
Hi, thanks for fast reply.

1.1.0.4, Windows, and I just ran the setup found in bin_win32 for openAL, I'll get back to you.

UPDATE:
Installed OpenAL, didn't resolve problem. ;/

Just to clarify:
[Image: 7Un8e.png]
Thanks given by:
Is sound working elsewhere on your computer? If not, check that your sound drivers are working properly/up to date.
Thanks given by:
(30 Dec 12, 11:42PM)Bukz Wrote: Is sound working elsewhere on your computer? If not, check that your sound drivers are working properly/up to date.

I did mention this in my original post, they are working outside the game. x)
Thanks given by:
Right, sorry about that, I skimmed your post. D:

I'm thinking something went wrong during the installation of openAL.
Thanks given by:
;( Yeah I ran OpenAL installer again, it said it had installed successfully after I accepted license agreements (...after fully reading them of course...). XD
Thanks given by:
Don't know if this will be helpful or not:
I went into sound and mute/un-mute specific sounds, all the sounds were muted. When tried to unmute I got this error message in my console: could not unmute sound #(n) (n refers to the sound number).

Thanks,
--A
Thanks given by:
maybe it is a setting from a previous installation

try /resetcfg 1 and restart the game (you will loose every setting)
Thanks given by:
Hey guys.

The problem is fixed, thanks for the amazing help! :)
Apparently it was an OpenAL issue, since today I started up AC and a error apears. OpenAL.dll not found, so I ran the OpenAL setup (found in bin_win32) and it worked. I don't know why it didn't fix before when I ran OpenAL setup. Maybe it was because I restarted my netbook.

Thanks again!
--A
Thanks given by:
Normally the installer of AC should run the OpenAL installer ...
Don´t know what went wrong here
Thanks given by: