AC irc channel weird
When I connect on AssaultCube irc this is what I get...

Only 6 people, no bots, can someone explain what is going on?
Thanks given by:
You pick wrong time to connect Kemosabe. I haven't visited since they stop serving after 2. xD
Thanks given by:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Netsplit
Thanks given by:
That'll be a netsplit. I find some quakenet servers are unreliable, so I always connect to irc://servercentral.il.us.quakenet.org/assaultcube
Thanks given by:
::visits::
Thanks given by:
Yeah but I still don't get it, a netsplit should disconnect and reconnect you within seconds, ain't the case here.

Anyhow if I wait a little and reconnects it fine.
Thanks given by:
(30 Dec 12, 10:59AM)DES|Cleaner Wrote: Yeah but I still don't get it, a netsplit should disconnect and reconnect you within seconds, ain't the case here.

Anyhow if I wait a little and reconnects it fine.

Netsplits:
IRC networks are made up of several servers that people connect into, those servers then connect to each other and share the conversations from each server. A netsplit is simply when one of those servers, can't connect to all the other servers.

Example:
* Someone on server 1 says something, it sends to everyone on servers 1, 2 & 3.
* Someone on server 2 says something, it sends to everyone on servers 1, 2 & 3.
* A netsplit occurs on server 2, someone on server 3 says something, it sends it to everyone on server 1 & 3. Server 2 doesn't receive the message.
* Someone on server 2 says something, only people on server 2 see that message, as server 2 is "netsplit".

Netsplits can occur for ANY period of time. The *only* reason that reconnecting fixes it, is after reconnecting, you've (probably) reconnected to a different non-split server. That first server that you've just disconnected from is still probably netsplit.

(The URL you use connects to any server at random. I don't use that, I always use the one, specific server)
Thanks given by:
Ok thanks Randum, now I get it... Thing is it never happen' to me previously and all of a sudden it's nearly every time I connect since a few days ago, I tough it might have come from my side.
Thanks given by: