Merry Christmas
[Image: a487d9881a63449c878dc3b.png]

[Image: d537a6d103024235be6a68c.png]
Thanks given by:
Happy holidays/christmas:)
Thanks given by:
[Image: cm-32074-050aab3c953410.jpeg]
Thanks given by:
I was a bit disappointed with the weather recently. We'd only had snow once this year in November that I can remember and it was gone in about a day. After that there were days where it was around 60F. I thought it'd never snow until late this afternoon. Started snowing pretty heavily for a short time and now everything is freshly covered.
Thanks given by:
How much of a race was it to be the first person to make this post?
Thanks given by:
whats christmas
Thanks given by:
It's summer in NZ. Christmas is a summer thing, nothing like heading to the beach for Christmas.

DAMN YOU RAIN! So, massive Christmas lunch instead. Ham, Lamb, Etc.
Thanks given by:
Same with AUS. Cricket, beach then ham, pork and turkey, gg.
Thanks given by:
(25 Dec 12, 09:57AM)RandumKiwi Wrote: It's summer in NZ. Christmas is a summer thing, nothing like heading to the beach for Christmas.

Christmas = snow. :P

Boomstick has your flag.

Merry christmas!
juxtapose
Thanks given by:
<3 AC Devs. Congrats on having the most popular fps on sourceforge currently. Can't wait to see the boost the week 1.2.0 comes out. And when you see the empty servers on sauer(3rd most popular on sourceforge currently) you see how much better off AC is.

[Image: db6bc92ea69248839cedf5b.png]
Thanks given by:
Unvanquished hmm sounds good

Merry christmas everyone.
Thanks given by:
Also unvanquished has monthly/bi-monthly alpha/beta releases. So thats actually new release downloads for them vs. omg dying AC. And still AC wins. <3
Thanks given by:
Unvanquished is/looks promising. This calls major changes for AC to stay on #1. (*chuckles*)
Merry xmas.
Thanks given by:
(25 Dec 12, 08:30PM)TheNihilanth Wrote: Unvanquished is/looks promising. This calls major changes for AC to stay on #1. (*chuckles*)
Merry xmas.

inb4 10+ hour campaign, co-op zombies, 50 new official maps, starcraft 2 matchmaking system.
Thanks given by:
(25 Dec 12, 05:51PM)Nightmare Wrote: <3 AC Devs. Congrats on having the most popular fps on sourceforge currently. Can't wait to see the boost the week 1.2.0 comes out. And when you see the empty servers on sauer(3rd most popular on sourceforge currently) you see how much better off AC is.

[Image: db6bc92ea69248839cedf5b.png]

If those numbers are legit I'll donate 100 euros to this project
Thanks given by:
Start donating, not sure how those numbers can't be legit.
Thanks given by:
Start thinking, not sure how they could be.
Thanks given by:
SKB pointed out some linux users will get it through the os's repository, which doesn't count as sourceforge apparently. But don't see why that would change anything. Would probably boost it ahead even more.
Thanks given by:
Start thinking, not sure how they couldn't. SF doesn't inflate stats for just AC.

Now, lets think of why those numbers might be this way. Unvanquished looks rather new as compared to AC, and also not as many people flock to games in alpha stages.

What about AC as compared to Sauer? Well, AC has had a more recent release, 1.2 Beta. Although it isn't a stable release, it is still better than what sauer has released recently (nothing).

But wait, not that many people play AC, by far!

Yes. This is true, but this isn't saying _anything_ about the playerbase. It counts _downloads_ not unique downloaders.

So yes, the numbers look extreme, but they make sense and are legit.

Where are the 100 euros?
Thanks given by:
(26 Dec 12, 01:24AM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: It counts _downloads_ not unique downloaders.
Where are the 100 euros?

So anybody could download it over and over to get AC in top of the list in an attempt to make the game big and famous. Until you prove me that nobody's doing this there won't be any money.
Thanks given by:
it's been up there consistently since I started playing so pretty sure jamz isn't hiding in his basement re-downloading the game over and over non-stop to make it big and famous.
Thanks given by:
How would that make it not legit?
The numbers wouldn't be lying, re-read the part you quoted. They aren't saying anything misleading about the numbers. You trying to make the numbers something they aren't. The numbers aren't a measure of popularity, however that is how SF is defining popularity.
Thanks given by:
You are trying to make the numbers something they aren't. The numbers are a 'measure of popularity', what else? and how else would they measure popularity if not this way? If jamz sits in his basement redownloading ac all days long then it's obviously not legit and AC shouldn't be in top of that list. Or do you not agree? Perhaps my choice of using the word 'legit' was wrong and that's what's making things confusing for you. Is that possible? Oh, what if I get somebody else, say one of your beloved Elite friends to agree with me, will that make you change your mind? You don't know what you're talking about right now.
Thanks given by:
I'm pretty sure there all not unique down loaders. I for one re-downloaded AC like 9-10 times.
Thanks given by:
Merry Xmas everyone. :)
Thanks given by:
(26 Dec 12, 01:53AM)RealViking Wrote: You are trying to make the numbers something they aren't. The numbers are a 'measure of popularity', what else?

"Weekly Downloads", its just unfortunate that they are used as a measure of popularity. But the numbers and label applied to the numbers isn't wrong. Although, if you think about it, in a perfect world this would be a great way to measure popularity.

The question we really should be asking is: Does jamz actually have a basement?
Thanks given by:
Not a big deal, I think we know perfectly this number is quite subjective and there must be plenty of other variables in order to 'measure' popularity more accurately, but since this is the currently way SourceForge 'measure' popularity let it be that way but also don't think this number does represent quality.

(26 Dec 12, 11:04AM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: The question we really should be asking is: Does jamz actually have a basement?
Thanks given by:
(26 Dec 12, 01:53AM)RealViking Wrote: You are trying to make the numbers something they aren't. The numbers are a 'measure of popularity', what else? and how else would they measure popularity if not this way? If jamz sits in his basement redownloading ac all days long then it's obviously not legit and AC shouldn't be in top of that list. Or do you not agree? Perhaps my choice of using the word 'legit' was wrong and that's what's making things confusing for you. Is that possible? Oh, what if I get somebody else, say one of your beloved Elite friends to agree with me, will that make you change your mind? You don't know what you're talking about right now.

Here´s the proof: https://sourceforge.net/projects/actiong.../stats/map

It shows that the game has been downloaded from a lot of different nations around the globe, with a lot of different operating systems. How are we supposed to compromise these numbers?

Thanks for your generous donation, sir! :)
Thanks given by:
Somebody with vpn/proxy on Windows OS is doing it then, I suppose. Still no money.
Thanks given by:
hmmm, it is possible, the internet is the one big virtual bubble, and the download hits help the hoster of the project for an advertisement. But ... what if download's count includes SVN operations .... so i don't know but i believe more in MS statistic , it is under control of devs and they don't need money for hits. (hope so :P)
Thanks given by: