New Version Launch Problems
Hi, I'm Blue.

I'm using a Mac.
Software: 10.4.11

Well my problem is that I'm having trouble launching v1.0.1. At first the launch would freeze my computer. So I thought that it might have been for the fact that I had the old version of AC and maybe the 2 different versions were disrupting each other. So I decided to delete anything that had to do with assault cube to start off fresh. Then afterwards I decided to download v1.0.1. again and see if that would work. Thinking that I would pick up all the files I need, in order for it to work. However, that didn't work. AC doesn't want to launch right. Right after "AC_Shine by DogDancing," the game unexpectedly quits out. Help?
Thanks given by:
so it launches, and right after the map message comes up (AC_Shine by DogDancing) it quits?

you do have x11 right? if you dont there is a file or two you need to download, and download x11 :)

ps its 1.1.0.1 ...not 1.0.1
Thanks given by:
Yata I am getting the same problem and I have X11.
I have the exact same problem as Face.
I have got X11 which is what everyone is saying and it still doesn't work, I am using MAC as well.
My version is the same as Face: 10.4.11
Processor: 1.8GHz PowerPC G5
Thanks given by:
This issue has been reproduced by our Mac-Developer (wahnfred) but is still not resolved or even clear as to how it is actually being caused - quite some research has been done though; it's a nasty bug that will be hard to track.
The problem seems to be limited to PowerPCs running 10.4 or 10.5 of Mac OS X - AFAIK Mac OS X 10.6 no longer supports PPC :-/
I'm sorry, but for now there's no good news here - we're trying to sort it out.
If you can live with it you could remove the packages/models/weapons directory - or actually better: just rename it to _weapons (as backup). You'd be playing w/o hudguns and possibly it's not the end to the troubles, but this seems at least to allow AC to start up.
Thanks given by:
Thanks to everyone who replied or even took notice of this post.

I actually happen to have the exact same processor as BULL3T.
And yeah, experiencing the same troubles.
Hopefully this can be fixed, so I can get on my way and begin playing AC again.
Thanks again,

P.S. Thanks for the correction, yata [lolz.]
Thanks given by: