Skymaps
i have searched the depths of the akimbo vault's skymap section (not really that "depthy") and still can't find a skymap that i like that comes out in good resolution on a map.

what i'm looking for specifically: a night sky similar to that of "at sea" but not surrounded by water on all four sides.

does anyone have any other sources where i could find skymaps of night skies? or is akimbo the place to be?
Thanks given by:
Dash Moon
City by night
It's plenty of night maps there, and if no one of them satisfies you.... Make one by yourself...
Thanks given by:
prolly gonna have to make one myself. i tried both of those out but they have terrible resolution (or im doing something terribly wrong). thanks though
Thanks given by:
http://www.akimbo.in/files/index.php?act=view&id=340
huashuashuash

It's really bad.
Thanks given by:
lol yea i tried this too. the stars were the size of basketballs lmao
Thanks given by:
My favourite is Powerlines

[Image: humus_powerlines_1_1310985358.png]
Thanks given by:
That skymap is absolutely lovely.
Thanks given by:
(18 Dec 12, 09:18AM)DES|Cleaner Wrote: My favourite is Powerlines

[Image: humus_powerlines_1_1310985358.png]

i liked this one a lot but when i tried it, it was very out of focus. am i just doing something wrong?
Thanks given by:
Out of focus? Can you please elaborate...
Thanks given by:
[Image: 20121218225352.jpg]

it looks really blurry and kind of like as if i were zooming in really close on a picture. is that just how it's supposed to look and im being picky? or is there some way to make it look neater
Thanks given by:
(18 Dec 12, 11:55PM)MerCyKiL Wrote: it looks really blurry and kind of like as if i were zooming in really close on a picture. is that just how it's supposed to look and im being picky? or is there some way to make it look neater

Now I see what you mean, I'll try to enhance it but tbh who's ever have time to wonder? woaw look at this moonshine'you got slashed by'... and the funny looking cloud'you got headshot by'... nope those ain't stars, they're MikeGregory's balls shutting your eyelids!
Thanks given by:
i love you cleaner. got quite a good laugh at that. Mercy, I doubt people would take the time to look, yes the image could be bette, but for ambience (as opposed to the focus), it looks fine.

EDIT:then again i'm no perfectionist when it comes to these things, so always do what feels right to you when being creative.
Thanks given by:
lolz cleaner...

yea i know im a little picky waffles :D its just that if i were to submit my next map to the official map voting process, im not sure how the devs would take a blurry skymap
Thanks given by:
(18 Dec 12, 11:55PM)MerCyKiL Wrote: it looks really blurry and kind of like as if i were zooming in really close on a picture. is that just how it's supposed to look and im being picky? or is there some way to make it look neater

This is probably due to your graphics settings in AC. Try '/texreduce 0'
Thanks given by:
naw that shouldnt effect skymaps. and its already at /texreduce 0...but thanks :D
Thanks given by: