AC v1.2.0.0 The next generation of cubers
I was so happy to open the forum page and see the news of the arrival of the new version of the game because after 2 years without any update I thought the worst.
And the older generation's game will meet with new generations and begins another story ....
Thanks given by:
K... Did you forget to mention your point? :p or is this thread made for you to tell us that there will be a new generation of cubers? :)
Thanks given by:
(10 Dec 12, 05:05PM)NaNuy Wrote: And the older generation's game will meet with new generations and begins another story ....

Even in the best of my dream it's not like this.
Thanks given by:
And did you forget to notice that this is a beta?
Thanks given by:
i think they just met in 1.104
Thanks given by:
he said he wanted to be "senior AC" :D
Thanks given by:
unfortunately i do not think there will be another generation of cubers...or at least the next will be smaller than this one.

as much as i love AC, it is a game of the past. its graphics resemble those of arcade games (i like this but others dont) and it is harder than other games for new players to get the hang of things.

our small community continues to age and we will soon see a point where some leave because AC just cant fit into their lives anymore.

with a shrinking player base and not a lot of new players coming in, i don't really see any "new generation" heading our way.

apparently i missed the party already because i wasnt here for v1.0 lol
Thanks given by:
Same with me mercy, I started playing in late 2010, and there were WAY more players than now
Thanks given by:
(12 Dec 12, 01:53AM)Jg99 Wrote: Same with me mercy, I started playing in late 2010, and there were WAY more players than now
Oh what a thorough career you've had.
I wonder if Life and Times will be able to do it justice...
Thanks given by:
half the community already barely plays the game :D

can't predict trends, but the game could be made to look more "modern" for new players (start screen plz) and general advances to the HUD and menu systems could make it more visually appealing without a graphics overhaul. I think Undead really got it right with those ideas.
Thanks given by:
(12 Dec 12, 04:36AM)Waffles Wrote: half the community already barely plays the game :D

can't predict trends, but the game could be made to look more "modern" for new players (start screen plz) and general advances to the HUD and menu systems could make it more visually appealing without a graphics overhaul. I think Undead really got it right with those ideas.

truth with the first sentence lol

and i honestly think Undead's idea about the "match scoring system" thing was spectacular (referencing this post: http://forum.cubers.net/thread-6166-post...#pid115540)

i think that a lot of people leave because there isnt anything to work towards.

sure you can call yourself "best clan in AC" by winning clan matches and you can call yourself king of pubs with an amazing ratio. but that gets boring quickly. there are no levels, prestiges, or unlockable items.

i think this "match scoring system" would add some substance to the game. maybe give it a point.

(12 Dec 12, 02:51AM)ShadowFlameZ Wrote:
(12 Dec 12, 01:53AM)Jg99 Wrote: Same with me mercy, I started playing in late 2010, and there were WAY more players than now
Oh what a thorough career you've had.
I wonder if Life and Times will be able to do it justice...

he's got a point though lol...even in that span of time, though ive been playing for longer, ive seen many leave. im sure jamz has some concrete evidence to back that up. (cough* jamz *cough* show the community we are shrinking with another one of your amazing charts *cough* please *cough*)
Thanks given by:
AssaultCube is a phoenix. When it dies, a new one rises from the ashes. :')
EDIT: Also, Waffles' suggestion of a new startscreen should definitely happen.
Thanks given by:
As long as I can log in and play AC I am content. The "new" generation of cubers can go fuck themselves. They are no longer my concern. Let someone who gives a crap worry about them. AC will remain forever. No matter what level of suck it's brought itself down to.

.93 FTW!!

P.S. Make 1.2 or whatever the heck it is awesome as FUCK!!!!! Ya'll got more than enough fuckers to do it right. Make sure it gets done this time!

Morgan no longer gives a fuck about your bullshit. You want to talk? Ingame and maybe IRC... Maybe...
Thanks given by:
(12 Dec 12, 04:36AM)Waffles Wrote: half the community already barely plays the game :D

y u no post thumbs up in the 'le suggestions' proving ground thread then?!?!
Thanks given by:
i agree with auto-updater and use of an SKB-esque client that looks nicer. Unfortunately, protox mods do cause performance problems, as well as MPL and achievement scripts. The conlines rape the client. Tools should be included, but rarely will people actually notice that so that is a silent improvement that most wouldnt understand (irrelevant to making the game look better, although it may in a small way).
Thanks given by:
in .93 there were noobs

someone improved in 1.0

someone else improved in 1.1

now the matches are average much more difficult. i can say that in 2009 i was better than now, but just because other players improved faster.

Morgankell probably didn't improve at all, so now he complains because he would lose hard every possible match that he will play.
matches are hard, people improved so much in this version (for example BoBs like Haitta and Waffles, or Vanquish) the players with whom i played inters 5 or 6 months ago (destroying them) now they got better and kill me fast.

Who can't stand this, the ones that feel that players are just pwning them, will leave, even if in the previous version they were good.

Elite complains, but if he trained from the beginning of this version without playing 4 different games he would pwn like in 1.0

Every game is like this, but our community is so small that we feel the difference on our own bodies.

only 1 thing can actually increase the number of good players: more players. and not casual players that play AC only because they found it in the linux list of free games, cmon!

do you realize that most of the AC good players come from other fps games? and that most of AC noobs started just with AC?

i started to play AC because Warrock was so full of lag and cheaters that AC was a paradise for me!

ADVERTISE the good points of this game! very few cheaters, clean, fast, simple gameplay, no lag!

And put a server on top of the list: "HERE YOU BECOME A DECENT PLAYER" where one can be teached
Thanks given by:
i only miss one gun in the new version:

Thanks given by:
(12 Dec 12, 07:43PM)YourSister Wrote: ...ADVERTISE the good points of this game!...
I think advertisement in any sence would improve this games popularity.
Make (And wear ;) ) T-Shirts
Advertise in magazines
That sort of thing. Although that would cost money..
Thanks given by:
I'm still waiting for the AC Hoodies which were PROMISED.
This is what happens when Nightmare doesn't get added as Lead Marketer of the Dev Team.
Thanks given by:
(12 Dec 12, 10:51PM)Nightmare Wrote: ...AC Hoodies...

WOULD BUY!!
Thanks given by:
1.0+ = crouch noobs
Thanks given by:
10/10 would bang/buy
Thanks given by:
Yoursister you miss the point. I improved a shit ton and can't wait for the new release because this one "looks" shitty as hell. I've been told the graphics people can't figure out why that is, and I've been told oh noes!!!!!! WE HAS NO IDEA... When all you have to do is look at 1.0 and 1.1 to see the difference. Goddamn...

For the record sir (you get sir for your past loyalty and or until you piss me off more, whichever comes first) I do not suck. I can and will rock this shit whenever the fuck I please. My post was not a bash at 1.2 or wtf it's numbered these days. It was a shedding of the attitude I've adopted of caring more about the new gen of cubers than the my own skills. How did I get acclaim in the first place? By playing! Only then did I find the forums. For a long time my skill was shit and my trash talk was grade-A FUCK U. Horrible way to build anything worthwhile. I mean how can I even pretend to discuss shit in the Proving Grounds without having truly played... PLAYED i.e. kicked ass superslamtizzle oonceystyle uberawesome wikislap shimmy shimmy woot sizzlebam drop it like it's hot throwdown hardcore shivershizzle simmer simmer ooooooooonce for fucking ages?!?! EXACTLY. I can't talk shit or improve shit till I play the shit. My goal is to have some fucking fun here. It's about damn time I stopped owning the fuck out of all yall forum fucks and just whooped your asses where it matters most.
Thanks given by:
(17 Dec 12, 05:56AM)MorganKell Wrote: ...
Summary (tl;dr): ass superslamtizzle oonceystyle uberawesome wikislap shimmy shimmy woot sizzlebam drop it like it's hot throwdown hardcore shivershizzle simmer simmer
Thanks given by:
(17 Dec 12, 06:00AM)#M|A#Wolf Wrote:
(17 Dec 12, 05:56AM)MorganKell Wrote: ...
Summary (tl;dr): ass superslamtizzle oonceystyle uberawesome wikislap shimmy shimmy woot sizzlebam drop it like it's hot throwdown hardcore shivershizzle simmer simmer

pretty much every KH|MK post?
Thanks given by: